Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

New Toys w/ Update 9.3 (PVE Thread)

6 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
13,406 posts
28,092 battles

Picked up some new toys this morning after the update dropped. Been doing a write up on the new Campaign but finally finished that up and can now post this. Need to get this done and get my butt going on the Campaign...

T10 French DD Marceau. Not a big fan of French DD's BUT I had well over 600K Coal sitting there and this is a T10 which always pays off big in flake events and also for SC's during the WOWS Anniversary event. So grabbed it. Can run my Kleber Capt on it (Phillipe Auboyneau) when I do play it.

Lg91kmW.jpg

T10 EU DD Halland. Not a fan of the EU DD's either but as I always do I finish every line to T10. Had most of the XP needed sitting on Ostergotland at T9 so used a little FXP to finish it off. Now the EU DD line is done. I was hoping not to have to play them much outside of flake events but looks like they are a big part of the Swirski Campaign so I will be forced to endure at least a little more EU DD game play TORTURE!!!. :Smile_sad: Haven't played this yet but will shortly. Note the Halland with the 3 Crowns camo. I didn't buy it - I got all of the early access DD's and did their camo missions and this was an extra reward. Nice not to have to buy a T10 perma. 

1wQ0NIk.jpg

I also decided to take the RNG plunge on some armory bundles as they were just 500 Doubloons and you had a chance at a 14pt Swirski (and the other new one with 10pts) and some good stuff (I need flags bad right now). I ended up having him drop. So used some elite Capt XP and my Halland now has a 19pt Swirski for Capt. :Smile_trollface:

4Pne885.jpg

I was hoping to do more work on my LM/UU's but need to work on the Campaign so I can get the 7500 Doubloons for the duplicate Swirski. Hopefully I can use the T10 ships I am doing the LM/UU's for on most of it. Good luck all and get to work LOL...:Smile_izmena:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,221 posts
22,791 battles

Nice! I'm looking at Marceau but want to see a review on her before I plunge. If not her that German commander is looking like my new toy.

Care to share how many tries it took to get Swirski to drop?

[BOMBL]
Members
1,220 posts
15,717 battles

I decided to roll the dice too on the capt. 15 = the dubs payout. Got them in 7 so I will make dubs! Yeah me. Thanks RNG

[X-PN]
Members
1,578 posts
12,155 battles

I went ahead and took the risk with Marceau.  Only 1 battle so far.... a little disappointed with the guns.  Seems over nerfed on ballistics and reload is tad slower than what I was expecting.  DPM is about the same as friesland and ballistics maybe a tad better....but still crappy.

That said....its still a heck of a firestarter and has potential.... I see this ship growing on me.

[USN]
Members
1,511 posts
20,402 battles
16 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

DPM is about the same as friesland and ballistics maybe a tad better....but still crappy.

Marceau actually has the highest DPM of any DD in the game, and I think it is a better Firestarter than Daring.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,329 posts
17,304 battles

Nice.

Alas, I blew all my coal on Georgia just before Marceau was released, but I'm still working out exactly how to use the Fantasque to best effect in co-op, so it's probably better that I can't just snap her up at once.

If we're going to make this a space to brag about new toys, I picked up the WV41 through the Life Ring fundraiser pathway on Good Friday, and she is brutal murder with her 16-inch guns in a way that Mutsu is not. Dusty Roads's unlock mission was a stunning 50,000 base XP so I decided to forget all about it and let it happen when it did; but lo and behold, who should happen to drop into my port near the end of the first Jerzy mission? I'm sort of at a loss to know what to do with him; I don't recall him having any special talents (apart from being a John Denver meme), and the whole purpose of premium ships in my port is to accept line captains and 19 pointers for first-win commander XP farming.

Sign in to follow this