You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Swirski: Strong-Willed Campaign in Co-op (PVE Thread)

108 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
13,398 posts
28,050 battles

With today's update the new campaign for the European Legendary Capt (Jerzy Swirski) called Strong-Willed begins. This is the 2nd Campaign for a Capt we can do in Co-op (Halsey is other). Below is the breakdown of what is needed as well as my thoughts (FWIW). 

NOTE - this is NOT a permanent Campaign like the others. It is only 6 months long.

I like that we can do it in Co-op (obviously) and I like that they even have given us some 2 Star tasks this time vs all 1 Star tasks in Halsey. I also like that there are fewer Stars required to complete each stage vs Halsey. Some of the tasks are pretty hard but that is to be expected. I appreciate WG letting Co-op players do the entire thing in Co-op as well. Thank you WG. :Smile_honoring: I also like that if you do the Campaign and get the Capt from Armory bundles too that you get 7500 Doubloon compensation. I also like the bundles only being 500 Doubloons this time. MUCH better price and content is decent for that price. 

What I don't like are the tasks requiring you use T8+ ships, and even worse T8+ EU ships. I get it that this Capt is EU but not everyone will have these EU ships and if they have some may not have T8+. This also will gate players who don't have any T8+ ships. The EU ones are awful ships though, at least IMO, so any task requiring those ships will be torture for me :Smile_sad:. I also don't like that the Capt at the end only has 10pts for all this work. This is a LOT of work for a 10pt Capt. This should net a 15pt Capt like the other Campaigns (Halsey & Yamamoto) gave. But WG put the Capt in the Armory bundles with 14pts so some may choose that route,

I already got him from the Armory Bundles but will do the Campaign to get the 7500 Doubloon compensation.

Below are the requirements for the available Co-op doable tasks for each stage. Tasks are repeatable but you only get the reward for doing the task the 1st time you do it. I am going to bold/underline important requirements that deviate from the standard T8-T10 ship requirements so they aren't missed...

Strong-Willed:

• Start Date: 4/8/2020
  • End Date: 10/8/2020 (approx = 6 months)
  • Reward: 10pt European (Polish) Legendary Capt Jerzy Swirski

Stage 1: (7 Stars Needed)

• Task 1 - Earn 3.5 Million Credits (T8-T10 EU Ships) = 2 Stars
  • Task 4 - Earn 60,000 Capt XP (T8-T10 Ships) = 1 Star
  • Final Task - Receive 15 Million Potential Damage (T8-T10 Ships) = Unlocks Stage 2 + 1 Million Credits

Stage 2: (8 Stars Needed)

• Task 3 - Earn 17,500 FXP in WINS (T8-T10 Cruisers) = 2 Stars
  • Task 5 - Earn 50,000 XP (T8-T10 Ships) = 1 Star
  • Final Task - Earn 2.5 Million Credits (T8-T10 Ships) = Unlocks Stage 3 + 3 Days Premium TIme

Stage 3: (9 Stars Needed)

• Task 2 - Earn 15,000 BXP (T8-T10 EU Ships) = 2 Stars
  • Task 5 - Earn 6 Million Credits (T9-T10 Ships) = 2 Stars
  • Final Task - Earn 75,000 Capt XP (T8-T10 Ships) = Unlocks Stage 4 + 5000 Coal

Stage 4: (10 Stars Needed)

• Task 2 - Earn 5.5 Million Credits (T8-T10 Cruisers) = 2 Stars
  • Task 4 - Earn 35,000 FXP (T9-T10 Ships) = 1 Star
  • Final Task - Cause 1 Million Damage (T8-T10 Ships) = Unlocks Stage 5 + 500 Steel

Stage 5: (10 Stars Needed)

• Task 1 - Earn 150,000 XP (T8-T10 EU Ships) =  2 Stars
  • Task 5 - Earn 100,000 Capt XP (T9-T10 Ships) = 1 Star
  • Final Task - Earn 10,000 BXP (T8-T10 Ships) = 10pt Jerzy Swirski

As I said up above that is a LOT of work for a 10pt Capt but I will do it anyway (or try at least). Modified my Halsey Campaign progress log and am ready to get started. I will be curious to see how long it takes in days and games to do this compared to Halsey?

Hope this helps some of you out and good luck. :Smile_izmena:

SMNnmj4.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 10
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,750 posts
10,879 battles

Thanks for doing this AT.  Going to be tough while I have Halsey going on, but I have a mission slot open to start.

[FRR]
Members
859 posts

All that torture and trouble for a 10-point captain for a tech tree that is currently comprised of destroyers mostly?

I most probably will not play this campaign.

• Funny 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,216 posts
22,756 battles

Great summary of the campaign, Admiral!

About the EU T8+ ship requirement, WG is giving you the opportunity, at the end of April, to buy the T8 European (Polish) DD, Orkan, for dubs in the Armory. Git 'er done!

...In late April, Orkan will become obtainable in exchange for doubloons in the Armory. You'll be able to play this ship to complete the tasks of the Strong-Willed Campaign, which are designed specifically for the European destroyers. Stay tuned for more news!...

Members
3 posts
16,569 battles

I've been playing WOWS for years but am a campaign newb...If I understand the requirements correctly, there are only a total of 4 stars out of 7 for the Mission 1 of Strong Willed that can be earned in Co-Op and the rest require participation in Random battles?

Am I interpreting this wrong? If not, how are we supposed to progress to the following missions if there is no way to earn the other 3 stars in Co-Op?

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,750 posts
10,879 battles
2 minutes ago, Dagnabbitt said:

I've been playing WOWS for years but am a campaign newb...If I understand the requirements correctly, there are only a total of 4 stars out of 7 for the Mission 1 of Strong Willed that can be earned in Co-Op and the rest require participation in Random battles?

Am I interpreting this wrong? If not, how are we supposed to progress to the following missions if there is no way to earn the other 3 stars in Co-Op?

You can do the same mission multiple times for the star.  Whatever the reward is, you only get once, but the stars are awarded every time you complete the mission.

[HINON]
Members
8,680 posts
12,670 battles

im going to try to get the 500 Steel, but the whole thing seems a bit much for Coop players, plus, if i were a bettin' man, WG will probably make him a Coal captain sometime afterwards

[WOLF8]
Members
7,845 posts
6,598 battles

Good luck Admiral. :Smile_honoring:

I'm sitting this one out, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

I'm just gonna focus on German lines exclusively. I want to finish getting GK's UU, and get to both Z-52 and Hindenburg this year. Plus, there's the upcoming German CV line, so I wanna at least try to prepare myself for it... if I can and ever get to do so... lel. :Smile_hiding:

[PVE]
Members
13,398 posts
28,050 battles
4 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Good luck Admiral. :Smile_honoring:

I'm sitting this one out, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

I'm just gonna focus on German lines exclusively. I want to finish getting GK's UU, and get to both Z-52 and Hindenburg this year. Plus, there's the upcoming German CV line, so I wanna at least try to prepare myself for it... if I can and ever get to do so... lel. :Smile_hiding:

Aw come on. You can do it. Heck you can even get 500 Steel by finishing Stage 4. I have every faith in you. :cap_like:

I finished the 7 Stars for Stage 1 just now. Did it all in Halland. Capt XP was easier than the credits with it not being a premium but wasn't too bad.  Did 2 Credits tasks for 4 Stars (2X Stars reward each time) and then 3 of the Capt XP tasks for 3 Stars (1X Star reward each time). I have the 15 Million Potential Damage final task unlocked but will not start that until tomorrow. I need to pace myself LOL.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF9]
Members
1,132 posts
22,963 battles

I will be doing this, but it will be long for me.  I am not very adept at DDs and I don't have T8-T10 in the tech line nor do I have the Friesland.  I will stumble with the one task in the first mission and then decide to maybe get the Orkan to help out depending on the cost.  After today's play in Coop, I was able to get about 40k Commander xp, so maybe a week to get this step done.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,845 posts
6,598 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Aw come on. You can do it. Heck you can even get 500 Steel by finishing Stage 4. I have every faith in you. :cap_like:

I finished the 7 Stars for Stage 4 just now. Did it all in Halland. Capt XP was easier than the credits with it not being a premium but wasn't too bad.  Did 2 Credits tasks for 4 Stars (2X Stars reward each time) and then 3 of the Capt XP tasks for 3 Stars (1X Star reward each time). I have the 15 Million Potential Damage final task unlocked but will not start that until tomorrow. I need to pace myself LOL.

OMG! 500 Steel! What a steal!! LOL! :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

Get it? Steel, steal? LELELEL. :cap_haloween:

Don't you need Tier VIII+ IKEA DD's for the missions? I only have Visby at Tier V, and the ye-old what's-her-name Polish Premium DD at Tier VII... lul. :Smile_hiding:

[WOLF3]
Members
29,786 posts
25,727 battles

This campaign is very anti-PVE.  Most especially when you consider that this is all High Tier stuff, so that means Operations, even if they were allowed, aren't eligible because there are no more High Tier Ops.  These are steep requirements and there are only 2 Co-op eligible parts per mission tier.  They have very high requirements considering how poor rewarding Co-op is.

Edit:  Of the two Co-op eligible parts per mission tier, a bunch of them require a High Tier VIII-X Pan European ship.  If you don't have that requirement then you're really [edited] and forced to only do 1 Co-op eligible mission.

I'm not even bothering with this, it's actually pretty insulting.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,079 posts
22,442 battles
7 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

With today's update the new campaign for the European Legendary Capt (Jerzy Swirski) called Strong-Willed begins. This is the 2nd Campaign for a Capt we can do in Co-op (Halsey is other). Below is the breakdown of what is needed as well as my thoughts (FWIW). 

NOTE - this is NOT a permanent Campaign like the others. It is only 6 months long.

I like that we can do it in Co-op (obviously) and I like that they even have given us some 2 Star tasks this time vs all 1 Star tasks in Halsey. I also like that there are fewer Stars required to complete each stage vs Halsey. Some of the tasks are pretty hard but that is to be expected. I appreciate WG letting Co-op players do the entire thing in Co-op as well. Thank you WG. :Smile_honoring: I also like that if you do the Campaign and get the Capt from Armory bundles too that you get 7500 Doubloon compensation. I also like the bundles only being 500 Doubloons this time. MUCH better price and content is decent for that price. 

What I don't like are the tasks requiring you use T8+ ships, and even worse T8+ EU ships. I get it that this Capt is EU but not everyone will have these EU ships and if they have some may not have T8+. This also will gate players who don't have any T8+ ships. The EU ones are awful ships though, at least IMO, so any task requiring those ships will be torture for me :Smile_sad:. I also don't like that the Capt at the end only has 10pts for all this work. This is a LOT of work for a 10pt Capt. This should net a 15pt Capt like the other Campaigns (Halsey & Yamamoto) gave. But WG put the Capt in the Armory bundles with 14pts so some may choose that route,

I already got him from the Armory Bundles but will do the Campaign to get the 7500 Doubloon compensation.

Below are the requirements for the available Co-op doable tasks for each stage. Tasks are repeatable but you only get the reward for doing the task the 1st time you do it. I am going to bold/underline important requirements that deviate from the standard T8-T10 ship requirements so they aren't missed...

Strong-Willed:

• Start Date: 4/8/2020
  • End Date: 10/8/2020 (approx = 6 months)
  • Reward: 10pt European (Polish) Legendary Capt Jerzy Swirski

Stage 1: (7 Stars Needed)

• Task 1 - Earn 3.5 Million Credits (T8-T10 EU Ships) = 2 Stars
  • Task 4 - Earn 60,000 Capt XP (T8-T10 Ships) = 1 Star
  • Final Task - Receive 15 Million Potential Damage (T8-T10 Ships) = Unlocks Stage 2 + 1 Million Credits

Stage 2: (8 Stars Needed)

• Task 3 - Earn 17,500 FXP in WINS (T8-T10 Cruisers) = 2 Stars
  • Task 5 - Earn 50,000 XP (T8-T10 Ships) = 1 Star
  • Final Task - Earn 2.5 Million Credits (T8-T10 Ships) = Unlocks Stage 3 + 3 Days Premium TIme

Stage 3: (9 Stars Needed)

• Task 2 - Earn 15,000 BXP (T8-T10 EU Ships) = 2 Stars
  • Task 5 - Earn 6 Million Credits (T9-T10 Ships) = 2 Stars
  • Final Task - Earn 75,000 Capt XP (T8-T10 Ships) = Unlocks Stage 4 + 5000 Coal

Stage 4: (10 Stars Needed)

• Task 2 - Earn 5.5 Million Credits (T8-T10 Cruisers) = 2 Stars
  • Task 4 - Earn 35,000 FXP (T9-T10 Ships) = 1 Star
  • Final Task - Cause 1 Million Damage (T8-T10 Ships) = Unlocks Stage 5 + 500 Steel

Stage 5: (10 Stars Needed)

• Task 1 - Earn 150,000 XP (T8-T10 EU Ships) =  2 Stars
  • Task 5 - Earn 100,000 Capt XP (T9-T10 Ships) = 1 Star
  • Final Task - Earn 10,000 BXP (T8-T10 Ships) = 10pt Jerzy Swirski

As I said up above that is a LOT of work for a 10pt Capt but I will do it anyway (or try at least). Modified my Halsey Campaign progress log and am ready to get started. I will be curious to see how long it takes in days and games to do this compared to Halsey?

Hope this helps some of you out and good luck. :Smile_izmena:

SMNnmj4.jpg

Good job !   I'm not going to be able to even get beyond the first segment.....  I am really frustrated at this point.   Don't own tier 8 EU's.  Don't play Random battles.  Game over man !!!  Well done though......!

[PVE]
Members
13,398 posts
28,050 battles
15 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This campaign is very anti-PVE.  Most especially when you consider that this is all High Tier stuff, so that means Operations, even if they were allowed, aren't eligible because there are no more High Tier Ops.  These are steep requirements and there are only 2 Co-op eligible parts per mission tier.  They have very high requirements considering how poor rewarding Co-op is.

Edit:  Of the two Co-op eligible parts per mission tier, one of them requires a High Tier VIII-X Pan European ship.  If you don't have that requirement then you're really [edited] and forced to only do 1 Co-op eligible mission.

I'm not even bothering with this, it's actually pretty insulting.

I haven't been a big WG fan-boi lately but I actually am appreciative of this Campaign's Co-op inclusion. Yes the EU ships T8+ part on a couple of them (3 actually) sucks for those without those ships, and believe me I wish they hadn't done that for the Co-op tasks as there are only 2 for each stage.However, they gave Co-op mains a path to do it all in this mode and this time around they even gave us 2 Star tasks vs only 1 Star tasks in the Halsey Campaign. I have a hard time calling them out over this as a result.

I mean they even gave us 6 months to do it as well. Could it be better? Yes. Is it a slap in the face to Co-op players and anti Co-op? Not so sure I can say yes to that. Looks to me like they tried to do right by the Co-op players. 

One other point I want to make, not related to your post, is this is EXACTLY why I ground through the EU DD Event Part 1 directives for as many tokens as I could get to get as many DD's as I could get. If history has taught us anything with WG it is that they love to add tasks that are very narrow in the scope of ship eligibility (re: limited tiers and one nation). The more diversified your fleet is the easier you will have it during things like this Campaign plus it lets you reap more rewards during flake events and such. So I got as many free tokens as I could and then bought bundles to finish it off. Yes it was to get as many early access DD's as I could and the camo's for them to ease the line grind and expense for camos BUT it was also looking ahead to a time those ships would help me. Didn't take long for that to happen as it turns out.  

I had some folks get on me for doing the grind for the EU DD's and for spending real $ on it when I don't really like them. Yes, I spent some $ but not a ton and actually less than cost of the 6 perma camos I got (not including Smaland's = #7). The line grind was easier for me as a result which is great. Lots of people decided to not even try during the 1st part of this event however. Saw a LOT of posts about I am not even going to try. Now it comes home to bite them a little.

Everyone could have at least got the T5 and a lot should have got T5 and T6. A few even T7 by just playing if they had good token RNG drops.  Even starting at T5 people could grind up to T8 to have a qualifying ship even in Co-op. With 6 months to go it is enough time to do that and then go after the Campaign. Or just do the other task each stage. It's not just Co-op that gets stuck needing T8+ EU ships. Random folks will see that as a task every stage and like Co-op players they can do other tasks if they don't have the EU ships.

Honestly, here in Stage 1 the Capt XP task is easier than the credit task.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
29,786 posts
25,727 battles

It's a slap, Thunder, when you consider how low Co-op pays out and how long each of these are going to take for the sake of 1 star, and you're going to need to do this 7-10 times per mission.

This isn't as if it's a Campaign that allows Tier VI Operations where we can make some gains.  It's not.  It's only High Tier, so no Ops to help PVE focused players out.

The other slap is that when you look at the varying parts per mission, almost all of them are PVP oriented.  Even simple stuff like Torp Spotting, Potential Damage, be Top XP earner X amount of times, etc., PVE is excluded.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
Members
13,398 posts
28,050 battles
4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's a slap, Thunder, when you consider how low Co-op pays out and how long each of these are going to take for the sake of 1 star, and you're going to need to do this 7-10 times per mission.

This isn't as if it's a Campaign that allows Tier VI Operations where we can make some gains.  It's not.  It's only High Tier, so no Ops to help PVE focused players out.

The other slap is that when you look at the varying parts per mission, almost all of them are PVP oriented.  Even simple stuff like Torp Spotting, Potential Damage, be Top XP earner X amount of times, etc., PVE is excluded.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I mean no disrespect, but I must disagree.

This Campaign is very similar to Halsey in that we get 2 Co-op doable tasks to rinse and repeat to finish each stage. They even gave us some 2 Star tasks this time whereas we only had 1 Star tasks for Halsey. It is a lot less Stars overall this time around as well.

The one thing that sucks is making 3 of the tasks in the Campaign for Co-op players tied to the EU ships T8+. That is a big limiting factor. But it is a Capt for EU ships and they have that in every stage. At least we don't need EU ships T8+ for a task in each stage (and it could have been like that as each stage has T8+ EU tasks). Also, Halsey had some US specific tasks too; they just weren't on the Co-op doable ones. As I recall it had T10 only tasks and even T10 CV only tasks which are far more limiting than T8+ EU ships. This Campaign isn't much different than Halsey's overall.

WG has no love for PVE and those who play there. No question about that. But this time I can't fault them. They have given a path to Co-op completion of the Campaign and it is doable reasonably (reasonable for WG standards LOL). I have to support them in this because this is exactly what Co-op players fought long and hard for = inclusion in all things. We have it here, it may not be perfect, but we have it.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
29,786 posts
25,727 battles

Token inclusion of PVE with extremely limited options and bad requirements isn't much.  PVE was thrown some old chicken bones from the dinner table and told to be content with that.

The Halsey campaign sucked also and this isn't much better.  And you people are fine with this?  Out of pure desperation that PVE is included at all?

PVE was included alright, but it's also been shown the cold shoulder.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
Members
13,398 posts
28,050 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Token inclusion of PVE with extremely limited options and bad requirements isn't much.  PVE was thrown some old chicken bones from the dinner table and told to be content with that.

The Halsey campaign sucked also and this isn't much better.  And you people are fine with this?  Out of pure desperation that PVE is included at all?

PVE was included alright, but it's also been shown the cold shoulder.

Something is better than nothing. At some point we have to stop bashing them when they at least give us something. They are trying to address the Mercy Rule situation in Co-op and they are including us in this campaign. It's at least something. Could they do more and do better? Absolutely. But is this something bad? No; just not ideal.

You can call it desperation if you choose. I do not look at it that way. For years Co-op players asked to be included and be given some way to participate and complete things like this. We even went so far as to say just 1 or 2 repeatable tasks. WG has done that. I don't think the Co-op requirements for Halsey or Swirski are unreasonable. Campaigns should be difficult.

The one mistake I think they made in this Campaign is the T8+ EU ship requirements. That should not be a required thing when you are limited to just 2 of the tasks. I wish they had thought that through more. But it is what it is. People who made no attempt to get the EU DD's now may be at a disadvantage. People who did go after them, or at least get a good start on the line, will have an easier time.

Again not a truly good implementation but it is not awful or ridiculous like past events where Co-op is listed as an acceptable mode but they literally made it impossible by making the task achievement based. These are at least doable by anyone. IF you don't have the EU ships needed then get them or just keep doing the other task.

[PTRGT]
Members
443 posts
55,207 battles

I agree as far as Campaigns go this is not too bad. Remember there are several you can't complete at all in Co-op 

• Cool 1

[USN]
Members
1,509 posts
20,360 battles
21 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

im going to try to get the 500 Steel, but the whole thing seems a bit much for Coop players, plus, if i were a bettin' man, WG will probably make him a Coal captain sometime afterwards

they already said he will be available for coal after the end of the campaign, so he'll probably join Lutjens, Aboyneau, and Kuznetsov for 175k coal

[WOLFG]
Members
11,750 posts
10,879 battles

Its about on the scale of Halsey (if you have an EU ship of the proper tier).

On the plus side, it is doable in coop, basically by just playing.

On the minus side, it pushes people to grind/acquire high tier EU ships.

If I wasn't doing Halsey right now, I'd give it a go.

[PVE]
Members
13,398 posts
28,050 battles

Stage 1 is now complete. In between IRL things today I got the 15 million potential damage final task done. Now I have to wait for next week and Stage 2 to unlock.

Pa85crt.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,620 posts
15,918 battles

Thank you for tracking the game count as well. How much econ are you using and do you have premium time? I appreciate that there is the coop option, but I also echo Haze in that I don't think it's worth it and will take many more games than I'm willing to play.