Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YouSatInGum

Operations....just got the bad news

75 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,008
[X-PN]
Members
1,592 posts
12,196 battles

I'll post up some numbers later today when I can post some representative numbers from a full division... but in a nutshell it's about a 36% nerf to XP.  Credit nerf maybe slightly less.

 

Somehow I feel like I'm dealing with a used car salesman.  They floated a 50% nerf in PTS round 1 and we all got out pitchforks, so salesman figures that's too much, so he floats out 15% in PTS round two (kinda like salesman pitching "So do you think you could afford this X payment?").  That's still more than we want but maybe we can live with that, and uproar dies down.

So now we get to contract time and salesman sneaks in a 30% nerf (kinda like when you go to sign contract and the $3000 of add ons and destination fees show up).

 

We'll thanks WG.  Thanks for screwing up my favorite mode.

I won't quit over this, but I will be extremely jaded until this is fixed (which I don't expect to happen).  Expect me to bother you guys about it on every live stream I watch.  I mean the payouts on a time basis are now lower than coop.  That is NOT fair.

 

Oh and get this.  Some the pathing errors that Narai was pulled for, are still there.  Smoking gun that that was total [edited] of an excuse.

 

 

Edited by YouSatInGum
  • Cool 30
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,232
[FRR]
Members
862 posts

The transport bots behaved well, but I think the last stage of Narai is now missing a wave of enemy reinforcements.

Atlanta, Shchors, and the Colorado appeared earlier than usual, and if my recollection is correct, the Indy did not appear.

At least 30% nerf.


375402583_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_04.08-22_56_15_94.thumb.png.f855f34e4b89bace9e73dfbfc3a938fc.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,086
[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,453 posts
20,660 battles

People will just bot coop because of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,487
[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,819 posts
2,663 battles
23 minutes ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

The transport bots behaved well, but I think the last stage of Narai is now missing a wave of enemy reinforcements.

Atlanta, Shchors, and the Colorado appeared earlier than usual, and if my recollection is correct, the Indy did not appear.

At least 30% nerf.


375402583_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_04.08-22_56_15_94.thumb.png.f855f34e4b89bace9e73dfbfc3a938fc.png

This is a 5 star run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,487
[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,819 posts
2,663 battles
5 minutes ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

Yes.

 

That's pathetic.  20 minutes time and 5 kills nets you less than 1k bxp.  I can earn more than that in 20 minutes of co-op with far less effort.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
384
[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
827 posts
7,428 battles

I really don't like that they are rewarding mediocrity, and punishing those that do well. The one thing that really disturbs me about this change by WG, is that it set s bad precedent. What is to stop them from "adjusting" the economy other battle modes?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,232
[FRR]
Members
862 posts
2 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

That's pathetic.  20 minutes time and 5 kills nets you less than 1k bxp.  I can earn more than that in 20 minutes of co-op with far less effort.

WG really knows how to piss off loyal players, don't they?

  • Cool 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,680
[HINON]
Members
8,694 posts
12,693 battles
2 minutes ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

WG really knows how to piss off loyal players, don't they?

and thats why WOWS will be lucky to survive till 2030 if not 2025, and those are my generous estimates

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,364
[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles
6 minutes ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

I really don't like that they are rewarding mediocrity, and punishing those that do well. The one thing that really disturbs me about this change by WG, is that it set s bad precedent. What is to stop them from "adjusting" the economy other battle modes?

Fun fact, with premium consumables becoming free they basically are making most game modes have much higher credit gain for many players.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,232
[FRR]
Members
862 posts
7 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

and thats why WOWS will be lucky to survive till 2030 if not 2025, and those are my generous estimates

I hope they don't ruin the fun. But then... game designers probably get instructions from a management that leans more on revenue rather than customer retention.

Edited by ArmoredFrostX
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
384
[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
827 posts
7,428 battles
Just now, enderland07 said:

Fun fact, with premium consumables becoming free they basically are making most game modes have much higher credit gain for many players.

Not concerned about the consumables, though that was an idea that was touted last year as a way to make the NTC idea easier to swallow. RB seems to be creeping it's way back to what NTC was originally envisioned to be.

My concern is WG "adjusting" other battle modes (Randoms, Clan, and Ranked) economy as they did with Operations.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,008
[X-PN]
Members
1,592 posts
12,196 battles
50 minutes ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

The transport bots behaved well, but I think the last stage of Narai is now missing a wave of enemy reinforcements.

Atlanta, Shchors, and the Colorado appeared earlier than usual, and if my recollection is correct, the Indy did not appear.

At least 30% nerf.


375402583_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_04.08-22_56_15_94.thumb.png.f855f34e4b89bace9e73dfbfc3a938fc.png

I thought about posting this but decided not to because I didnt want people to get the wrong idea.  They might look qt my 1600 score and think that's not so bad, but that is a top 5% game where I did nearly 300k damage including a lot of DD damage.  Rewards should NOT be judged on what the top 5% can do.

This is a group of regular ops players not representative of normal ops games and the average of all xp here is still only around 1200bxp.  As was said...  an experienced coop player can do as well or better.

BTW   Indy was there and Schors was there.  I think they just pulled Machine Gun Atlanta.  But still....make the op easier to pull down scores?   Really?

If they want to do that then Newport needs looking at way before Narai.  I'm wondering who at WGHQ has a vendetta against ops?

Edited by YouSatInGum
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,364
[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles
1 minute ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

Not concerned about the consumables, though that was an idea that was touted last year as a way to make the NTC idea easier to swallow. RB seems to be creeping it's way back to what NTC was originally envisioned to be.

My concern is WG "adjusting" other battle modes (Randoms, Clan, and Ranked) economy as they did with Operations.

"Wow, this change to premium consumables is making the regular game economy really bad - with premium camos people are netting way too many credits. You know, we should probably fix that"

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,008
[X-PN]
Members
1,592 posts
12,196 battles
6 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

"Wow, this change to premium consumables is making the regular game economy really bad - with premium camos people are netting way too many credits. You know, we should probably fix that"

Its a pay to win slippery slope.  The F2P players make less as rewards are adjusted to players who buy special signals and premium time.  The new ability to stack multiple signals is strong indicator of this shift.

Edited by YouSatInGum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
384
[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
827 posts
7,428 battles
4 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

"Wow, this change to premium consumables is making the regular game economy really bad - with premium camos people are netting way too many credits. You know, we should probably fix that"

What's to stop them from doing it?

They pulled Narai, telling all of us that they were only pulling Narai to fix technical issues. What we got instead was a direct nerf to the economy of ALL operations. Nobody knew about that part until that info was leaked out on the EU forums, and then tested on PTS. WG again omitting information.

It's a bad precedent for the game economy no matter how you look at it. If they adjust one battle mode, they can easily "adjust" the others.

Edited by Diesel_Thunder
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,232
[FRR]
Members
862 posts
2 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

I thought about posting this but decided not to because I didnt want people to get the wrong idea.  They might look qt my 1600 score and think that's not so bad, but that is a top 5% game where I did nearly 300k damage including a lot of DD damage. 

This is a group of regular ops players not representative of normal ops games and the average of all xp here is still only around 1200bxp.  As was said...  an experienced coop player can do as well or better.

BTW   Indy was there and Schors was there.  I think they just pulled Machine Gun Atlanta.  But still....make the op easier to pull down scores?   Really?

If they want to do that then Newport needs looking at way before Narai.  I'm wondering who at WGHQ has a vendetta against ops?

Anyone can do the same or even better. Question is, in the coming days, weeks, months, will Narai also give them more or less attractive rewards as before? The folks at Prague would like us to believe they are doing this (for a minority of players) in the name of "balance". 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,364
[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles
1 minute ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

What's to stop them from doing it?

They pulled Narai, telling all of us that they were only pulling Narai to fix technical issues. What we got instead was a direct nerf to the economy of ALL operations. Nobody knew about that part until that info was leaked out on the EU forums, and then tested on PTS. WG again omitting information.

It's a bad precedent for the game economy no matter how you look at it. If they adjust one battle mode, they can easily "adjust" the others.

I don't know man.

I used to love operations. I used to love this game too.

Now? Meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,349 posts
3,255 battles

I'm a casual player; I just don't have time to spend in the game. Ops was a way I could earn enough money so I could focus on advancing my lines and not grind for cash. There's nothing more annoying to unlock a ship and not being able to buy it and kit it out. 

Clearly WG doesn't value me as a customer at all. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,129
[PVE]
Members
5,104 posts
22,598 battles
1 hour ago, YouSatInGum said:

I'll post up some numbers later today when I can post some representative numbers from a full division... but in a nutshell it's about a 36% nerf to XP.  Credit nerf maybe slightly less.

Somehow I feel like I'm dealing with a used car salesman.  They floated a 50% nerf in PTS round 1 and we all got out pitchforks, so salesman figures that's too much, so he floats out 15% in PTS round two (kinda like salesman pitching "So do you think you could afford this X payment?").  That's still more than we want but maybe we can live with that, and uproar dies down.

So now we get to contract time and salesman sneaks in a 30% nerf (kinda like when you go to sign contract and the $3000 of add ons and destination fees show up).

We'll thanks WG.  Thanks for screwing up my favorite mode.

I won't quit over this, but I will be extremely jaded until this is fixed (which I don't expect to happen).  Expect me to bother you guys about it on every live stream I watch.  I mean the payouts on a time basis are now lower than coop.  That is NOT fair.

Oh and get this.  Some the pathing errors that Narai was pulled for, are still there.  Smoking gun that that was total [edited] of an excuse.

Our host wants a simple, single format, young adult arcade shooter !!!  No COOP, no Scenarios.........one mode that contains "value..."........Randoms.  Like it or leave it is our choice.  Game over man !

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,008
[X-PN]
Members
1,592 posts
12,196 battles
13 minutes ago, SKurj said:

so will a 3 star earn more for time played than a 5 star?

Seriously doubt.  At least in narai a 3 star is not hardly shorter than a 5 star.  Personally I think that "adjustment" is yet another smoke screen away from the real issue.

In narai you could maybe run a 4 ship team and just yolo the bay forgeting the cv and xports, but maybe you save 1 or 2 min at most.  It wont be worth it. 

Its just a chicken wing they are throwing to the random players so that their xp isnt lower than COOP (on a per battle basis which would be really hard to justify.... then again they havent cared much about justification thus far so IDK).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,150
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

The beancounters would prefer pvp only as they do not need to maintain as many skilled staff for content production, pvp only leaves the bulk of the content to be supplied by the players, yes you are the content ...

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×