You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BarneyStyle

When a popular CC quits the game because of...

189 comments in this topic

Members
1,904 posts
27,698 battles
2 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

for anyone who says it wouldn't be a surface warship game without carriers is blind and ignorant to the facts.  Carriers did change naval warfare, they made it obsolete... just like they're doing to the 11 other players in a game.

This ^ fact has been mentioned. But, sadly, every addict player that shovels a dime in WG's direction says, "Yes, CV's are just fine."

As it is, I play a couple of randoms a day, followed by a few co-op, then I turn the game off. Sounds almost ritualistic, doesn't it?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts

i had to step away yesterday due to all the 2-3 cv games at tier 4...    just was getting tiresome...  even though i won 7 of 8 for the day...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,285 posts
17,234 battles

Just because they're popular and a top-level player doesn't make them right. 

The problem with the CC's you named, at least, is that they're oversaturated with WOWS. I think Flambass is just burned out. But the choice of game he went to (i.e. the one which cannot be named here) will not endear him to WG, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up burning his bridges as a CC with this.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 14

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles
7 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

With all the free time I've had lately, I've been watching CC's stream WoWs.  Flambass, Flamu, Notser, I like to pick up tips on how to get better at the game.  But lately I've been noticing a lot of animosity brewing for the game from those particular CC's.  They're not pleased with the direction of the game, and it shows in their content. 

This morning Flambass quit playing WoWs in favor of another game because it was a constant barrage of CV games.  He's fed up, and I don't blame him.  He's not having fun anymore because of all the broken things being introduced in the game.  I don't mean to name drop here, but when someone who makes content in support of the game like Flambass, and Flamu are openly against things being introduced, or continue to be supported by WG and not the community it speaks volumes.  I see they're limiting the number of CVs per match in the next patch, but it's just not fast enough.  Just end it already.  The class is completely broken and never should have been introduced into the game.  I don't care if it will never happen, I'm going to voice my opinion about it.

for anyone who says it wouldn't be a surface warship game without carriers is blind and ignorant to the facts.  Carriers did change naval warfare, they made it obsolete... just like they're doing to the 11 other players in a game.

Yes, I'm complaining/whining/moaning/itching.

CV players will Hate you for this ..But I agree with you all the way o7.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
12,637 posts
19,870 battles
15 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

This morning Flambass quit playing WoWs in favor of another game because it was a constant barrage of CV games. 

I for one think he quit for other reasons... Not necessarily over CVs...

WG changed many rules regarding how CCs behave, and their choice of narration towards test ships... So I am not sold that its the "CV" excuse.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[FRR]
Members
859 posts

Anyone who is facing three (3) enemy CVs and enjoys it needs to seek professional help.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,016 battles

Its good that he is gone. His toxicity should not be encouraged as normal in this game.

Sad to see CCs go...but I have no doubt others will rise to take his place.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 12
  • Meh 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,811 posts
7,486 battles

Exactly what he should be doing if he doesn't like what he's playing.   I highly recommend this course.  if you don't like the game ...don't play the game.   I'm guessing though,  he didn't run to the forums to whine about it.  There's 1000s of games out there and only a fraction of the worlds gaming population here in WOWS ?   Why..... because it's not for everyone.         

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles
1 minute ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

Anyone who is facing three (3) enemy CVs and enjoys it needs to seek professional help.

They enjoy it bcoz they play CV too hahhah...

I would love to learn how to play CV soon...

[WOLF2]
Members
310 posts
7,287 battles
11 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

With all the free time I've had lately, I've been watching CC's stream WoWs.  Flambass, Flamu, Notser, I like to pick up tips on how to get better at the game.  But lately I've been noticing a lot of animosity brewing for the game from those particular CC's.  They're not pleased with the direction of the game, and it shows in their content. 

This morning Flambass quit playing WoWs in favor of another game because it was a constant barrage of CV games.  He's fed up, and I don't blame him.  He's not having fun anymore because of all the broken things being introduced in the game.  I don't mean to name drop here, but when someone who makes content in support of the game like Flambass, and Flamu are openly against things being introduced, or continue to be supported by WG and not the community it speaks volumes.  I see they're limiting the number of CVs per match in the next patch, but it's just not fast enough.  Just end it already.  The class is completely broken and never should have been introduced into the game.  I don't care if it will never happen, I'm going to voice my opinion about it.

Agreed completely. It has totally and completely wrecked my enjoyment of the game.

I shot down 46 planes the other day in a freaking Tier V Montecuccoli and still ended up being killed by the CV. 

Games like this are about as fun as sitting out in a field and letting mosquitoes eat holes in your face.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1

Members
2,439 posts
14,486 battles

I was watching Flambass stream when this happened...it wasn't due to CVs.  It was due to reallllly trolly dispersion.  The final being a completely broadside Atlanta, stopped in front of him at lik 6-8k, and his Jean Bart missed every..single...shell.  Then got 4 overpens on the next shot.

• Cool 7

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,811 posts
7,486 battles
1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Its good that he is gone. His toxicity should not be encouraged as normal in this game.

Have you ever watched Flambass?   Doesn't sound like it?   I think you are confusing him with Flamu.  i don't find Flambass to be a "Toxic" streamer.   

• Cool 11

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,216 posts
22,756 battles
15 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

<snip>

Carriers did change naval warfare, they made it obsolete... just like they're doing to the 11 other players in a game.

<snip>

This, EXACTLY!

WG, restrict this game to Surface Combatants only. No CV, no SS, no kidding... :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles
3 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Sorry But you sound like you envy that guy?

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,016 battles
Just now, iRA6E said:

Have you ever watched Flambass?   Doesn't sound like it?   I think you are confusing him with Flamu.  i don't find Flambass to be a "Toxic" streamer.   

I find flambass to be marginally more toxic than flamu...but i found them to be in the same class of toxic.

I think you and i have different definitions of toxic...which is ok.

Both of them are physically angering to me to listen to. Greatly skilled...but they act like entitled children.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

Members
710 posts
29,481 battles

Do you just wake up and go to bed thinking about what to whine about next? 

Who cares if someone moved on to something else. That's called life, it just keeps moving on. 

Try to relax and not complain so much Debbie Downer. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[FRR]
Members
859 posts
2 minutes ago, Khafni said:

This, EXACTLY!

WG, restrict this game to Surface Combatants only. No CV, no SS, no kidding... :Smile_izmena:

Submarines: Hold my beer

• Funny 3

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,016 battles
2 minutes ago, Khafni said:

This, EXACTLY!

...but, the game is marketed as a ww2 game.

So...

...you are wrong.

Personally, I think WG shoupd abandon the ww2 marketing and focus more on the pre 1925 stuff. Its what most people want in terms of game meta.

[WOLF3]
Members
29,786 posts
25,727 battles
23 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

7 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I was watching Flambass stream when this happened...it wasn't due to CVs.  It was due to reallllly trolly dispersion.  The final being a completely broadside Atlanta, stopped in front of him at lik 6-8k, and his Jean Bart missed every..single...shell.  Then got 4 overpens on the next shot.

Interesting.

[FRR]
Members
859 posts
3 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I find flambass to be marginally more toxic than flamu...but i found them to be in the same class of toxic.

I think you and i have different definitions of toxic...which is ok.

Both of them are physically angering to me to listen to. Greatly skilled...but they act like entitled children.

How they act while playing is totally separate from their skill in the game, and I think people listen to them because they have the credibility, aside from the competence.

I'd rather see CCs show their true selves while playing rather than act like saints while shooting ships.

• Cool 4

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
9 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Exactly what he should be doing if he doesn't like what he's playing.   I highly recommend this course.  if you don't like the game ...don't play the game.   I'm guessing though,  he didn't run to the forums to whine about it.  There's 1000s of games out there and only a fraction of the worlds gaming population here in WOWS ?   Why..... because it's not for everyone.         

This is the thing,  many of us like the overall game. We dont like a unbalanced feature of the game (CVs).

And for some reason, some players are agaisnt balancing that feature... 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2