Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tru7h

How to counter crusiers

11 comments in this topic

[G-OTS]
Beta Testers
18 posts
2,887 battles

While in a BB, how does one counter cruisers. so far.. while playing BBs, cruisers just sit outside my gun range and HE farm for until im dead. do i just hide behind an island the whole time? most people just tell me .. "bow in and close distance!!" ok.. i see the reasoning behind that but when getting hit for 3-10k a shot with HE from the front every 6 seconds and them being faster than me... how can i close distance and even them upper tier cruisers in my guns range.. then i fire a shot.. over pen their rear with 1 out of 6+ shots for only 1.5k damage.. then wait another 30 seconds to do it again. while every 6 seconds im getting burned, HE spammed for 3-6k a shot, and trying to dodge CV attacks.. so my real question is.. are BBs even worth playing at this point?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

I'd suggest moving... away from them if they are out of your range, doing what you can to make their aiming more difficult, and try to drag them towards help...   when they do get in range HE spam them back if they know how to angle against you...

A well played ijn cruiser frustrates the hell out of me too...

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,106 posts
11,764 battles

This seems like generally a bottom tier bb issue based on the damage you are taking and range issues you mention. So my suggestion when bottom tier in a bb or cruiser is survive the early game. Support your team as best you can but stay alive until the enemy herd thins. Then you can be much more aggressive. Very general advice I know, but I’ve applied it and being bottom tier isn’t so bad. Especially when you do stay alive and can rack up mad xp by damaging the higher tier ships.

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[G-OTS]
Beta Testers
18 posts
2,887 battles

yes, im playing a tier 8. and so far. out of 10 matches. ive been in 4 tier ten battles. 4 tier nine battles and 2 tier eight battles. so. yea. im pretty much cannon fodder. not much i can do 

[WOLFC]
Members
2,543 posts
11,014 battles
24 minutes ago, Tru7h said:

While in a BB, how does one counter cruisers. so far.. while playing BBs, cruisers just sit outside my gun range and HE farm for until im dead. do i just hide behind an island the whole time? most people just tell me .. "bow in and close distance!!" ok.. i see the reasoning behind that but when getting hit for 3-10k a shot with HE from the front every 6 seconds and them being faster than me... how can i close distance and even them upper tier cruisers in my guns range.. then i fire a shot.. over pen their rear with 1 out of 6+ shots for only 1.5k damage.. then wait another 30 seconds to do it again. while every 6 seconds im getting burned, HE spammed for 3-6k a shot, and trying to dodge CV attacks.. so my real question is.. are BBs even worth playing at this point?

5 minutes ago, Tru7h said:

yes, im playing a tier 8. and so far. out of 10 matches. ive been in 4 tier ten battles. 4 tier nine battles and 2 tier eight battles. so. yea. im pretty much cannon fodder. not much i can do 

It’s difficult to give you any advice without a replay, but it sounds to me like you are overextending and being focus-fired. Positioning in a BB is important, and high-tier play is much less forgiving than lower tiers because of the massive increase in offensive capabilities relative to defense, as well as the level of HE spam you see at high tiers. Being too aggressive will get you killed very quickly.

My suggestion would be to drop back down to mid-tiers and spend some more time learning there. Watch some gameplay videos and see what skilled players do in different situations.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,617 battles
1 hour ago, Tru7h said:

how does one counter cruisers

Make friends with every team you're on, and stay with them during the battle. Yolo is a no-go with the amount of HE spam currently in the game. There is (some) safety in numbers.

• Cool 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

- Concelament and survivability builds, they will allow you to survive longer and give the chance o disengage or kill the crusier. 

- Drop concelament if you are taking too much atention. Either stop firing or use terrain. 

- Keep the ship angled, present a smaller profile to enemy cruisers, many shells hit the turrets and shatter. 

[GOOF]
Members
815 posts
6,784 battles

Wait wait wait 

A counter cruisers thread?

Oh just be a bb or a DD or a CV 

Oh the irony.

0 posts
3 hours ago, Tru7h said:

sadly you need to play Russian BB. Its the only HE resistant ones besides the Roma.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this