Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DominicusD

0.9.3 - What? No More 6 CVs In A Battle?

20 comments in this topic

[TBCIC]
Members
69 posts
3,412 battles

Some ppl. were not hugged enough as a kid, or simply bullied.

• Funny 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,314 posts
6,608 battles
1 hour ago, DominicusD said:

thank you.gif

Oink Goltz!
(if you answer, please respect "étiquette", it's Oink Goltz! and not "dude", or simply nothing)
Franz plays CVs and now lots of T1, 2 and 3.
Absolutely no problem with CVs, they are ships like others.
Your cognitive capacities are limited but that is not a reason to limit the game.
Play T1 and 2, there are no CVs.
Stop whining.
Quadruple bacon!!!

• Boring 4

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,845 posts
25,782 battles
1 hour ago, DominicusD said:

Some ppl. were not hugged enough as a kid, or simply bullied.

So says the people Seal Clubbing in Tier IV with Clemsons and Imperator Nikolais.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TBCIC]
Members
69 posts
3,412 battles

Some people just can't let it go . . . some might've just have DOR'd or got Article 32'd on a psych . . .

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,845 posts
25,782 battles
2 minutes ago, DominicusD said:

Some people just can't let it go . . . some might've just have DOR'd or got Article 32'd on a psych . . .

Some people just wanted to Seal Club in peace.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TBCIC]
Members
69 posts
3,412 battles

Some ppl. have a distorted perspective on reality . . . where "the game" is just that . . . a play on their mind . . . & where "peace" (however warped) is found . . .

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,845 posts
25,782 battles
2 minutes ago, DominicusD said:

Some ppl. have a distorted perspective on reality . . . where "the game" is just that . . . a play on their mind . . . & where "peace" (however warped) is found . . .

Navy didn't let Tom Cruise fly F/A-18 Super Hornet in Top Gun ...

It still doesn't change the fact that if one stopped trying to seal club noobs at Tier IV and went on to the rest of the game, there were magically less Carriers.  Bewildering, I know, but that's how it is.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[TBCIC]
Members
69 posts
3,412 battles

The superiority complex of some (in the ether) is just a a puerile defensive mechanism to compensate for what occurs to them in life . . . a security blanket; binky . . . maybe even therapy ... that which offers comfort to some perception that in "the game" . . . it's for reals . . .

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
21 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Oink Goltz!
(if you answer, please respect "étiquette", it's Oink Goltz! and not "dude", or simply nothing)
Your cognitive capacities are limited but that is not a reason to limit the game.
Stop whining.
Quadruple bacon!!!

You question the OP ability to learn after making a completely foolish assertions that "CV's are ships like the others".

The indisputable fact is CV's are the only class of ship with the ability to attack other ships anywhere on the map with immunity for much of the battle.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,966 posts
16,968 battles
13 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It still doesn't change the fact that if one stopped trying to seal club noobs at Tier IV

There aren't many noobs to seal club, anymore.  I wish more players would return to Tiers 2-4, give those games some population, and allow me to have fun with some of my low tier ships.  Why does playing low tiers mean I am seal clubbing?  It sounds like you are mocking any veteran player that chooses to enjoy one of the many Tier 2-4 premiums, or tech tree favorites. :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 2

[TBCIC]
Members
69 posts
3,412 battles
4 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

You question the OP ability to learn after making a completely foolish assertions that "CV's are ships like the others".

The indisputable fact is CV's are the only class of ship with the ability to attack other ships anywhere on the map with immunity for much of the battle.

Found this article interesting:

Is US Aircraft Carrier Supremacy A Thing Of The Past?

Abstract: A report published Monday by the Center for a New American Security, a D.C.-based think tank that focuses on national security, claims that the Navy’s carrier operations are at an inflection point. Faced with growing threats abroad, the United States can either “operate its carriers at ever-increasing ranges … or assume high levels of risk in both blood and treasure.”

https://sofrep.com/fightersweep/is-us-aircraft-carrier-supremacy-a-thing-of-the-past/

[TBCIC]
Members
69 posts
3,412 battles
56 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Oink Goltz!
Stop whining.
Quadruple bacon!!!

One might've missed the tongue-in-cheek opinion of having three (3) CVs on each side of a battle and the discontinuing of this MM by WG - it is a matter of preference NOT to have 3 (maybe one, or two) but three with the limited amount of combat vessels (DD, CA, BB) in match kinda makes the munging of WoWS with WoWP - again, it's just an opinion but just the thought of it puts a wild hair up the bung of those whose perspective(s) of the game is nothing short of warped . . . & when taken personally . .

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
38 minutes ago, DominicusD said:

Found this article interesting:

Is US Aircraft Carrier Supremacy A Thing Of The Past?

Abstract: A report published Monday by the Center for a New American Security, a D.C.-based think tank that focuses on national security, claims that the Navy’s carrier operations are at an inflection point. Faced with growing threats abroad, the United States can either “operate its carriers at ever-increasing ranges … or assume high levels of risk in both blood and treasure.”

https://sofrep.com/fightersweep/is-us-aircraft-carrier-supremacy-a-thing-of-the-past/

I've seen this & other articles voicing the same opinion. This is a discussion that needs it own thread.

The comment in my previous post are limit to the context of this game.

[TBCIC]
Members
69 posts
3,412 battles
4 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I've seen this & other articles voicing the same opinion. This is a discussion that needs it own thread.

The comment in my previous post are limit to the context of this game.

While WoWS does endeavor to bring a considerable amount authenticity to the vessels in this game I thought it  is worth noting and of which is predicated on the opinion of "immunity" - however, I agree, it does belong to another thread. Thanks for the reply.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

kiddie pool?

Think i have only maybe 4-6 lines above tier 4... i don't expect the multiple cv's to stop at tier 4, i imagine now it will always be 2 cv's, though we will find out shortly...

6 matches at tier 4 yesterday, half with 2cv's the other half 3cv's...

I'd like to get all those lines I don't have to tier 5..  but that puts a huge dent in coal earnings, daily chain rewards, daily containers, directive rewards, campaign rewards etc etc etc...

very little incentive to go back down there at the moment... 

i'd like to grind up to the sinop, and a few other lines to put together a fleet i can use for T7 ranked, at least i should be up to tier 5 RU BB line this week, maybe even T6.

WG says the new player experience is enough excitement for new players at low tiers...  and that's fine..   and when he finishes that NPE and has to go back now and grind the other 15 lines?  sorry, you have fallen into the void that is low tier play where you aren't wanted, please spend money and get to hi tier where all the big boys play with unicorns and rainbows, oh and here is a carrot, check out this coupon for a discount in the premium shop.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
53 minutes ago, DominicusD said:

While WoWS does endeavor to bring a considerable amount authenticity to the vessels in this game I thought it  is worth noting and of which is predicated on the opinion of "immunity" - however, I agree, it does belong to another thread. Thanks for the reply.

CV in game immunity is limited and dependent on the team.

[TSF]
Beta Testers
413 posts
15,355 battles

I have missed being able to play my Ark Beta when I'm helping a new player learn the game. With zero AA it is futile with 3 CVs, since that ship is target number one, by successive waves of torp planes.  The lone Bosin Mate on the fantail has only 2 clips for his 45, so even 1 CV is a serious threat. If it's true, Thanks WG for a step in the right direction.

And for anyone want to ask why I helping a newby, with my low WR. I know what to do, but my 1944 vision, reaction time, and multitasking abilities fail to execute too often.

Stay safe my friends. 

Sign in to follow this