You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hyperion728

Last two CPT points for Gearing

4 comments in this topic

[KIA-C]
Members
203 posts
20,655 battles

I currently have 17 with my last two point free, looking for advise.  Here's what I have now;

Preventive Maintenance
Priority Target

Last Stand

Superintendent
Survivability Expert
Torp Reload

Concealment

I was looking at Last Stand or Jack of All Trades; or, do I ditch PM and get BFT or DE?  Thanks ahead.

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles
2 hours ago, SovereignEagle said:

If you already have Last Stand then Adrenaline Rush is a must. 

This, if you want 2 tier 2 skills on a DD those 2 are the ones.

On DDs as a general rule I usually go 1-2-2-2 or 1-1-4-1 for my skills. In the role I use the gearing for AFT is a major value add as I generally look to abuse stationary battleships out way past the stock 11.1 km range also the added range gives you that extra reach to stick a fire on someone who took a torp, but that's me and probably not for everyone.

Most of my hybrid DDs (Guns + torps) Will go PT, LS, 4x tier 3 skills and CE. Which gives you a whole lot of value with SE, TAE, BFT and SI or Demo It's almost like the tier 3 skills are made for DDs or something...

Members
7,122 posts
22,052 battles
5 hours ago, Hyperion728 said:

I currently have 17 with my last two point free, looking for advise.  Here's what I have now;

Preventive Maintenance
Priority Target

Last Stand

Superintendent
Survivability Expert
Torp Reload

Concealment

I was looking at Last Stand or Jack of All Trades; or, do I ditch PM and get BFT or DE?  Thanks ahead.

The Gearing has may options available to it.

I rarely use Priority Target on my DD's, it's my job to know how many could be targeting me at any given point.

I also have swapped Vigilance for Superintendent as I run the Leg Upgrade (better detection) and many times I am very close to the red team and need that extra torp spotting. Almost all of my smoke is used to help my team, and not for me to smoke sit and fire. I only have three per game.

Torp reload is OK, but you use those points elsewhere like BFT for better AA and faster guns, as a Gearing you will be using your guns.

Remember, DE at tier 10 has an automatic 50% fire reduction built in to every ship, so what ever points you on DE you are only getting 50% of your perceived value from that.

Point is, there are a lot of options. The definite's are PM(everything breaks on dd's), Last Stand and Concealment. 

• Cool 1