Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PrinceOfTheOcean

MFfSA or AFT

5 comments in this topic

Members
92 posts
1,030 battles

I'm getting close to a 10 point captain and the Gneisenau at the same time for my German BB build, and after looking at the Gneisenau on the Wargaming Wiki I noticed that Manual Fire for Secondary Armament (MFfSA) reduces the dispersion of the secondary armament by 60^. On the other hand, AFT increases the range of the secondary battery by quite a lot, and I'm stuck between the two. Can any of u guys help me out and point me in a firm direction?

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,849 posts
4,285 battles

Both. If you want to go full secondary build you'll need both eventually. But get AFT first. That way at least you're shooting at things at full range, even if you're not hitting as often. MFCSA can come second. Also manual secondaries doesn't help as much at T7, it's a T8 that it really becomes beneficial. So waiting on it until Bismark makes sense. I assume you plan on taking this captain up the line? Because secondary build Gneis is meh. Secondary build Bismark is fun. If you're planning on leaving the captain on Gneis don't go secondaries. If you plan on moving him up, then go ahead and spec into secondaries. But my advice is take AFT first, then MFCSA.

Also, quick warning that while a secondary build German BB can be a lot of fun, you give up a lot in terms of fire resistance and concealment. There will be many games where you can't get into secondary range, and just get BBQ'ed by CLs. If you want to play the "best" build, go FP and Concealment. The secondaries are unfortunately a gimmick more than a useful tool. That said, it's up to you. If you want to just brawl people that's fine, go ahead and secondary spec, it's absolutely viable on the German BBs. Just understand it won't be useful to you every game.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,914 posts
23,881 battles
3 hours ago, PrinceOfTheOcean said:

I'm getting close to a 10 point captain and the Gneisenau at the same time for my German BB build, and after looking at the Gneisenau on the Wargaming Wiki I noticed that Manual Fire for Secondary Armament (MFfSA) reduces the dispersion of the secondary armament by 60^. On the other hand, AFT increases the range of the secondary battery by quite a lot, and I'm stuck between the two. Can any of u guys help me out and point me in a firm direction?

AFT as it always increases your range by 20%...whereas Manual 2ndaries never fire unless you assign them to a target.

Sign in to follow this