Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_9qa81sg1ET3c

EU DDs that cant fire forward

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
757 posts

Please tell me there will be a good yet to be reveled reason why. Its terrible in a DD with only two turrets that the front one is blocked by a deck ornament. 

 

What is this crap on the Smaland. Its something I dont see mentioned much. I guess i'll be exposing my sides to really eat those shells.

 

 

Edited by anonym_9qa81sg1ET3c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
5 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Please tell me there will be a good yet to be reveled reason why. Its terrible in a DD with only two turrets that the front one is blocked by a deck ornament. 

Y r u complaining?

I am trying to take your comment seriously. Really. So, what you are asking is if the entire deck superstructure of dds (smoke stacks, bridge and so on) can be removed to allow the rear turret to fire directly forward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
5 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Y r u complaining?

I am trying to take your comment seriously. Really. So, what you are asking is if the entire deck superstructure of dds (smoke stacks, bridge and so on) can be removed to allow the rear turret to fire directly forward?

Can you you name another DD line that is unable to fire it's gun forward? I assume you are being purposely dense.

Edited by Ban_CV_Complainers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,784
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,812 posts
4 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Can you you name another DD line that is unable to fire it's gun forward? I assume you are being purposely dense.

I mean, I can't name another DD line that has the exact same features of any other line.  Things have to set them apart and be different than everything else that we already have, or there is no point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
640
[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,943 battles

Depending on elevation, theres several ships that can't fire forward due to AA mounts or the shape of the hull preventing it.

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
19 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Can you you name another DD line that is unable to fire it's gun forward? I assume you are being purposely dense.

You have edited your OP since my initial reply. Thus your unreasonable reaction is even less reasonable/

Many dds in WOWS cannot bear all turrets on a target without showing significant broadside, the Pan EU/IKEA dds are no exception. But the Pan EU dd guns do have excellent ROF, dispersion and ballistics to partially compensate. (the other compensation is to be found with their very fast torps, which can quickly take out enemy dds at close (-5km) range, as they leave very little "just  dodgetm" time/

Secondly why are knifefighting (dd guns) when you have radar (to make sure you can attack 1st), and better, undetected with warpspeed torpedos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
3 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

You have edited your OP since my initial reply. Thus your unreasonable reaction is even less reasonable/

Many dds in WOWS cannot bear all turrets on a target without showing significant broadside, the Pan EU/IKEA dds are no exception. But the Pan EU dd guns do have excellent ROF, dispersion and ballistics to partially compensate. (the other compensation is to be found with their very fast torps, which can quickly take out enemy dds at close (-5km) range, as they leave very little "just  dodgetm" time/

Secondly why are knifefighting (dd guns) when you have radar (to make sure you can attack 1st), and better, undetected with warpspeed torpedos?

 

Im not asking to bear all turrets. I think you might need to read again. The ship can simply not fire ANY of its guns forward. At the the end of the video that I added for supporting evidence you have to aim as high at the horizon to fire even 1 gun forward.

Edited by Ban_CV_Complainers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,106
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,624 battles
47 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Its terrible in a DD with only two turrets that the front one is blocked by a deck ornament. 

It took me almost 5 minutes of non stop laughing to get control of myself well enough to post this remark: HILARIOUS!! LOL!! Thank you for sharing that, I would never have known.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
6 minutes ago, Umikami said:

It took me almost 5 minutes of non stop laughing to get control of myself well enough to post this remark: HILARIOUS!! LOL!! Thank you for sharing that, I would never have known.

I replaced the video with a much better example. You literally cant fire at the ship. Video is still processing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,106
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,624 battles
8 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

I replaced the video with a much better example. You literally cant fire at the ship. Video is still processing. 

No, I watched it; the guns stop firing when you're about 2 degrees from straight ahead and the same after straight ahead they start again. How completely and totally drunk was whoever in Leningrad thought that this was a good idea?

"Ee's new gimmicks, Comrade. When guns on front of ship point forward, they do not fire because of things in way. 2 million free XPs and ship no shoot forward, Yankee sailors go crazy when they find this! Now hand me napkin so I can wipe up Vodka and design new Russian Aircraft Carrier."

Ya gotta love that design team!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
100
Beta Testers
363 posts
12,391 battles
2 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

deck ornament.

Apparently those are antisubmarine rocket launchers - 100 kg charges on 375mm diameter rockets.  Whether they actually act as ASW weapons once submarines enter the game is anyone's guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×