You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

My Teams... let me show them to you

21 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
5,270 posts
10,480 battles

Two games in the Musashi.  Two games where I could not get anything done.  First game around 56K damage (in a MUSASHI) and no kills.  "Geeze"  I think.  "I will be in the basement on this one".

LMqte46.jpg

Fourth place.  56K damage in a Musashi and I am fourth place on the team.

"Welp... that was the warm up.  Next one will be better". 

Nope.

52K damage this time.  "Cripes... this is gonna be ugly".

LMVO6p9.jpg

Now I have to admit that I had a suspicion when 8 of my team were dead by the 6 minute mark, but how does anyone end up in second place with 52K damage and no kills in a friggin' Musashi?

This has been going on for weeks to the point where I don't even feel like playing this anymore.  I have to force myself to click on the "Start" button and I can take any more than three games before I rage quit and fire up Plants vs. Zombies.  You know... to have some actual fun playing a game.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
257 posts
9,568 battles

Just shut it down for the same reason.

Had a miserable game in z-46. 1000 base XP loss...lead my team by a solid margin.  This is how it goes most games.  I can't even look forward to firing it up.  Then I look at the future with AP rockets, more crap in the RB, 2 mil FXP ships, and 175k coal commanders, and I regret that I have over a year of premium left.  I think this game has sailed for me.  Nothing actually gets better any more.

• Cool 1

[CRUEL]
Members
529 posts
9,351 battles

Couldn't loose a game Saturday night. Won over 15 games out of around 20. Last night lost 8 in a row?? That's the one thing that is killing me. How can things be so far apart. How does a team loose 4 ships before I even make it to the cap?

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
34 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Two games in the Musashi.  Two games where I could not get anything done.  First game around 56K damage (in a MUSASHI) and no kills.  "Geeze"  I think.  "I will be in the basement on this one".

LMqte46.jpg

Nope.

LMVO6p9.jpg

Now I have to admit that I had a suspicion when 8 of my team were dead by the 6 minute mark, but how does anyone end up in second place with 52K damage and no kills in a friggin' Musashi?

This has been going on for weeks to the point where I don't even feel like playing this anymore.  I have to force myself to click on the "Start" button and I can take any more than three games before I rage quit and fire up Plants vs. Zombies.  You know... to have some actual fun playing a game.

I've seen exactly the same thing in exactly the same boat several times just this month. I don't know what's going on.

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
31 minutes ago, Croda said:

Just shut it down for the same reason.

Had a miserable game in z-46. 1000 base XP loss...lead my team by a solid margin.  This is how it goes most games.  I can't even look forward to firing it up.  Then I look at the future with AP rockets, more crap in the RB, 2 mil FXP ships, and 175k coal commanders, and I regret that I have over a year of premium left.  I think this game has sailed for me.  Nothing actually gets better any more.

Try a different ship that isn't as vulnerable to rockets. You have the choice.

• Boring 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,816 posts
2,663 battles

My first match of the day was a defeat, which the fail division of New York and New Mexico blamed on the DDs... who had all but 2 of the kills on the team, and were the last ships alive.  They were on the red team the very next match, with a New Orleans instead of a New York.  They lost that match, too.

I'm sitting at exactly 50% for the last week.  Probably half those matches are steamrolls one way or the other.

[RLGN]
Members
15,636 posts
27,325 battles
46 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

At least you’re playing it?

My seeming inability to cause damage with Musashi, despite its advantages, basically means I no longer even try.

Bouncing... BOUNCING... a shell off a Chapayev...

Innumerable overpens against broadside targets...

The lie of overmatch...

Just not worth playing the ship.

[SIMP]
Members
1,386 posts
11,686 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

LMqte46.jpg

Nope.

LMVO6p9.jpg

Coop beckons...

[USMC-]
Members
334 posts
8,976 battles

Agreed, team play has been non-existent and painful to participate in. I play enough to get my second resource crate and call it a day.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,732 battles

Most players are dumb. Clans is the way to go do avoid having to put up with quite so much of it.

[PVE]
Members
10,911 posts
18,873 battles

Ever since WG forced my into PVE because of their, more than terrible economy, I haven't  had any of these issues. The game became fun again, so WG had to go about ruining that for the last couple months. The thrill is gone.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,270 posts
10,480 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Ever since WG forced my into PVE because of their, more than terrible economy, I haven't  had any of these issues. The game became fun again, so WG had to go about ruining that for the last couple months. The thrill is gone.

I do play PVE but mostly in CVs for fun.  It's just that the games are over so quickly and I get no real sense of accomplishment.

It's not about win rate or even damage (ok..a little bit about damage) it's that the game is just not fun.  There is no possible way to enjoy a game , even a loss, when over  half of your team is dead in the first 6 minutes and you spend the rest of the game getting focused by 5 of the enemy team.

And the worst of it?  If we take WG at their word that MM is not involved in team stacking then the situation is only going to get worse.  More and more terrible players will grab the highest tier premium they can,  head straight to tier IX-X and screw up the game for everyone else on their team.

[SALVO]
Members
6,932 posts
5,487 battles
7 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

+1 only because B.B King.

[PVE]
Members
10,911 posts
18,873 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

+1 only because B.B King.

I'll take it.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

Just came from a match, tier 6, 1cv

Our CV while not afk is pink and did nothing the entire match, i don't think he was afk i'd say just trolling...   half way through the game one of our cruisers parks and does nothing...

At least we won...

[NG-NL]
Members
6,400 posts
10,580 battles

Junk happens.

I just shrug them off as not my teammates and go on to next match.

[SGSS]
Members
5,728 posts
3 hours ago, JCC45 said:

LMqte46.jpg

Nope.

LMVO6p9.jpg

There might have been alot of afk.  Its taken sometime to get in lately.

Also nitice how empty the line up was of tech tree ships.

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

At least you’re playing it?

My seeming inability to cause damage with Musashi, despite its advantages, basically means I no longer even try.

Bouncing... BOUNCING... a shell off a Chapayev...

Innumerable overpens against broadside targets...

The lie of overmatch...

Just not worth playing the ship.

My brother. Musashi is a harsh mistress with whom I've not yet mastered the lovers dance. Overpen are on sale. Crazy bounces. Bracketing. It's insane.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,939 posts
18,278 battles

During the current trends, if you are part of a active clan. Use that resource, that's one of the most valuable things belonging to a active clan. Voice coms are another invaluable tool. Discord or Team Speak will do the job.

The Musashi is a awesome ship. It is has complete alpha strike capabilities. If you was able to get at least one reliable DD and cruiser or two reliable DD's in the front taking care of business you'd probably tipped the scales in your favor. 

It is frustrating. The expression "A blind man could see it" comes to mind.  Most who play regularly have experienced exactly what your describing.

If your unable to team up with clan mates or friends and it is a trend of unfavorable MM. Pump the brakes. It's like chasing a good hand in poker when there isn't one to be had for that session.