You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Operation Lifeboat and my thank you to all of YOU.

17 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,586 posts
15,113 battles

Aloha,

I know this is uncharacteristic of me to post in the "General Forum" but I know there will be more eyes on so here I am.

When we launched "Operation Lifeboat" in support of Stackup.org I did not think we would get as much response as we did as quickly as we did or meet the goal we set as early as we did.

Because of YOU we reached our goal of $100,000 to stackup.org within 3 weeks of starting the 9 week campaign! Currently we are at $115,000, at week 5, $15,000 above that goal and it is because of all of YOU that this happened. Thank you so so much, as a veteran, I know a lot of the struggles we go through and Stackup is an amazing company that helps so many veterans! And just as a reminder every single penny from this campaign goes to stackup!

Do not forget, we're on week 5 of the weekly "November Charlie" mission chain that goes for 9 weeks and at the end if you have completed all the weekly missions WG will donate an additional $10 in your name! (see the graphic below)

November Charlie.png

I sincerely hope you are all well, healthy and staying safe!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/partnership-to-support-us-veterans/

• Cool 10

[ARGSY]
Members
23,433 posts
17,387 battles

That's lovely to hear.

Hapa, what do the missions which come with this bundle actually entail?

• Cool 1

[WG]
4,586 posts
15,113 battles

Aloha,

There are three missions:

"Sitka-Romeo" which gives you the Unique Commander Theodore Chandler that comes in the $12 bundle, which also comes with the Stack Up Flag, and Country Roads Camo for the Tier VI BB West Virginia

"Take Me Home" which gives you the Unique Commander Dusty Rodes what comes with the $29.20 bundle, which also comes with the Stack Up Flag, the TIer VI BB West Virginia and a port slot

"November Charlie" which is the weekly missions, they only drop you 2 signals each week, but those are the ones drive what WG donates in your name (this mission comes in both bundles).

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[USCC2]
Members
6,481 posts
On 4/7/2020 at 8:30 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That's lovely to hear.

Hapa, what do the missions which come with this bundle actually entail?

On 4/7/2020 at 9:09 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

There are three missions:

"Sitka-Romeo" which gives you the Unique Commander Theodore Chandler that comes in the $12 bundle, which also comes with the Stack Up Flag, and Country Roads Camo for the Tier VI BB West Virginia

"Take Me Home" which gives you the Unique Commander Dusty Rodes what comes with the $29.20 bundle, which also comes with the Stack Up Flag, the TIer VI BB West Virginia and a port slot

"November Charlie" which is the weekly missions, they only drop you 2 signals each week, but those are the ones drive what WG donates in your name (this mission comes in both bundles).

Mahalo,

-Hapa

I thing he was asking what are the details of each mission - Not the name and reward - more, what you have to do to complete.

I think, is that correct @Ensign_Cthulhu?

[ARGSY]
Members
23,433 posts
17,387 battles
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I thing he was asking what are the details of each mission - Not the name and reward - more, what you have to do to complete.

I think, is that correct @Ensign_Cthulhu?

Yes.

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

That was a cool thing to participate in.  As a Vet it is great to help my brothers.  Let's do more things like that soon!

[V1-PI]
Members
435 posts
10,142 battles

too many of my friends went into harms way so i could sit back fat and happy. so i had to do my part. 

[ARGSY]
Members
23,433 posts
17,387 battles
On 4/10/2020 at 5:06 AM, _WaveRider_ said:

more, what you have to do to complete.

I found out myself the hard way.

Dusty Rodes mission: 50,000 base XP.

November Charlie: 15,000 base XP as above. 

[USCC2]
Members
6,481 posts
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm wondering if Hapa actually got the missions, that may be why he never answered your questions?

Good for you sir (hopefully you will get it done/or have finished). :Smile_honoring:

[WG]
4,586 posts
15,113 battles
On 4/14/2020 at 6:58 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

On 4/14/2020 at 7:01 AM, _WaveRider_ said:

I'm wondering if Hapa actually got the missions, that may be why he never answered your questions?

Good for you sir (hopefully you will get it done/or have finished). :Smile_honoring:

Sorry I misread what you were asking, why I answered the way I did. And yes, I did get both missions, because I actually bought multiple of each bundle.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Nice work with the ongoing success of this event, @Hapa_Fodder.  I think it's a really neat thing when we can bring together an event that helps both players in-game as well as real world issues simultaneously.  A real win-win.

Between this and the save USS Texas event, it's good to see the community rallying behind causes like these.

Although it's not a warship, has any consideration been given to supporting the SS United States?  It's a cause I'd certainly rally behind with WG.

https://www.ssusc.org

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
1,857 posts
7,264 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Nice work with the ongoing success of this event, @Hapa_Fodder.  I think it's a really neat thing when we can bring together an event that helps both players in-game as well as real world issues simultaneously.  A real win-win.

Between this and the save USS Texas event, it's good to see the community rallying behind causes like these.

Although it's not a warship, has any consideration been given to supporting the SS United States?  It's a cause I'd certainly rally behind with WG.

Don't forget the Batfish event as well.

• Cool 1

[WG]
4,586 posts
15,113 battles
15 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

I personally have not seen that, but now that I have, we might have a chat about it. Not to derail this topic too much, but one thing that is heart breaking is the ship museums throughout NA are hurting BAD for funding right now.

-Hapa

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I personally have not seen that, but now that I have, we might have a chat about it. Not to derail this topic too much, but one thing that is heart breaking is the ship museums throughout NA are hurting BAD for funding right now.

-Hapa

Absolutely.

A lot of them are hurting in the best of times, and this isolation period just makes it that much worse.

As for SS United States, if you read the history of it, it's pretty fascinating and heartbreaking at the same time.  At once the pinnacle of American ocean liner shipbuilding, to a derelict wreck that has been on life support for over 30 years.   She really needs some love badly.

• Cool 1