You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gillhunter

Bad Behavior in Co-op

44 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
716 posts
31,553 battles

I was just pushed out of my smoke for the second time in 2 days by a BB. I know a lot of people are playing that are either new or don't play much, but these were both T10 matches. I also know that folks that do that probably don't come to the forum. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Funny 1

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

Every once in a while.....but what are they going to do....banish them to Co-op?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
716 posts
31,553 battles
7 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Every once in a while.....but what are they going to do....banish them to Co-op?

Banish them to Randoms. LOL

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
Just now, gillhunter said:

Now that actually would be punishment for me!

• Cool 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,225 posts
22,815 battles
38 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

I was just pushed out of my smoke for the second time in 2 days by a BB. I know a lot of people are playing that are either new or don't play much, but these were both T10 matches. I also know that folks that do that probably don't come to the forum. Anyone else experiencing this?

Your smoke? When it leaves your stack it is no longer yours but becomes second-hand smoke usable by all. Did you not realize that??

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
42 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

Folks who do that probably wouldn't give a flying you-know-what even if they did come here.

Report them for unsporting conduct is about all you can do. Send in the replay if you really feel aggrieved. It's a particularly vile form of misbehaviour because it can and often does get the victim killed without the aggressor suffering an appropriate penalty. All they get is a few token pink points for 'accidental ramming'. 

Despite the automatic reporting system, it's one of the very few misbehaviours that really does need a pair of human eyes and a severe punishment. @Hapa_Fodder, tagging to keep you in the loop on this.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Folks who do that probably wouldn't give a flying you-know-what even if they did come here.

Report them for unsporting conduct is about all you can do. Send in the replay if you really feel aggrieved. It's a particularly vile form of misbehaviour because it can and often does get the victim killed without the aggressor suffering an appropriate penalty. All they get is a few token pink points for 'accidental ramming'. 

Despite the automatic reporting system, it's one of the very few misbehaviours that really does need a pair of human eyes and a severe punishment. @Hapa_Fodder, tagging to keep you in the loop on this.

I mean I would have to see a replay to see.

But also remember, sometimes things we think are on purpose aren't necessarily on purpose, if you're in a DD for instance that can move pretty quick and you smoke in front of a full speed BB, he can't exactly slow down fast, you can move faster than they can.

I'm not trying to say that it's your fault by no means, but the rule of gross tonnage does kind of apply...

-Hapa

• Cool 4

[RLGN]
Members
15,657 posts
27,371 battles
15 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Your smoke? When it leaves your stack it is no longer yours but becomes second-hand smoke usable by all. Did you not realize that??

Black humor at its best.

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,619 battles
13 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Black humor at its best.

Black as smoke!

• Funny 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
716 posts
31,553 battles
10 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

But also remember, sometimes things we think are on purpose aren't necessarily on purpose, if you're in a DD for instance that can move pretty quick and you smoke in front of a full speed BB, he can't exactly slow down fast, you can move faster than they can.

I'm not trying to say that it's your fault by no means, but the rule of gross tonnage does kind of apply...

-Hapa

Nope I was sitting it for over 30 seconds when I was pushed out the last time. The player was already pink by the way. And I wasn't in a DD, but a CL. Former EN2. I understand gross tonnage and gross behavior. I mean no disrespect but my experience with the game tells me even if a replay was submitted nothing would happen.

[WG]
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
1 minute ago, gillhunter said:

Nope I was sitting it for over 30 seconds when I was pushed out the last time. The player was already pink by the way. And I wasn't in a DD, but a CL. Former EN2. I understand gross tonnage and gross behavior. I mean no disrespect but my experience with the game tells me even if a replay was submitted nothing would happen.

So do you know for a fact we don't punish behavior that is not in line with the EULA? Because I will tell you I see the reports and people get time outs from the game all the time. But okay.

-Hapa

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,129 posts
29,129 battles
1 hour ago, gillhunter said:

One thing that I've learned is that sometimes, it's not the BB that's at fault.  Sometimes, it's the fault of the ship that smokes up directly in the path of a BB and too close to give them time to turn.  Also consider that the BB might not even be looking directly ahead and may not even see the smoke getting laid in his course.

In short, I think that players laying smoke from which they want to smoke shoot need to take some responsibility for where they lay that smoke.  Don't lay smoke directly in the course of a friendly ship that might run into you without giving them a good enough amount of space to make a turn.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
716 posts
31,553 battles
10 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

So do you know for a fact we don't punish behavior that is not in line with the EULA? Because I will tell you I see the reports and people get time outs from the game all the time. But okay.

-Hapa

No, never said that. I have observed players over the past 5 years that have broken rules have remained in the game, and even bragged about it in chat.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
716 posts
31,553 battles
18 minutes ago, Crucis said:

One thing that I've learned is that sometimes, it's not the BB that's at fault.  Sometimes, it's the fault of the ship that smokes up directly in the path of a BB and too close to give them time to turn.  Also consider that the BB might not even be looking directly ahead and may not even see the smoke getting laid in his course.

In short, I think that players laying smoke from which they want to smoke shoot need to take some responsibility for where they lay that smoke.  Don't lay smoke directly in the course of a friendly ship that might run into you without giving them a good enough amount of space to make a turn.

I never stop and smoke up in front of another ship, it's poor gameplay. I always make a hard port or starboard turn to get out of their path before smoking up.

• Cool 1

[WG]
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
3 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

No, never said that. I have observed players over the past 5 years that have broken rules have remained in the game, and even bragged about it in chat.

Mean no offense, but there are tens of thousands of people that play the game and far more than that in battles played.

We don't just do perma-bans for this stuff. Just because they are bragging, doesn't mean they haven't been banned in the past for offenses. Just ignore them.

Trolls are ALWAYS going to troll.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,557 battles
2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Mean no offense, but there are tens of thousands of people that play the game and far more than that in battles played.

We don't just do perma-bans for this stuff. Just because they are bragging, doesn't mean they haven't been banned in the past for offenses. Just ignore them.

Trolls are ALWAYS going to troll.

-Hapa

I'm not sure I understand what you really mean; because, I take negative game behaviors and toxic chat extremely seriously....  Just ignore them so they can ruin everyone's game and drive off new players????  Anyway, I would hope the game would take bad behaviors a lot more seriously.  One, ten or thousands isn't relevant IMO.  Is money more important than respectable behaviors?  I hope that isn't the reason to just ignore them....  I look forward to your thoughts on this.

And yes, I've been pushed out of smoke by BOTs mostly.  I haven't had an intentional push-out based on a bad actor in a long while:..........accidentally, on and off.  Mostly during the first two days of events.

Members
251 posts
7,968 battles
6 hours ago, gillhunter said:

I haven't pushed a DD out of smoke in probably my last few thousand games, and if I do I REALLY apologize.  I know how important it is to them.

But that said, it was a fairly common occurrence at Tier III when I played my Nassau a lot. I would be going through a choke point to get in secondary range, and a DD would just stop in front of me and smoke up.  In that case, I pretty much had to push them out because it was too late to turn or stop.

By Tier V, the DD's learn not to do that and the BB's are more aware, so I don't see it happen anymore.

Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles
8 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

Yes, I must admit. I use binoculars way too much, the W key, and I don't pay attention to DDs in front because I thought they died already.

I must have rammed so many DDs at one point I was possibly reported to HR.

But when in a Yamato, it's like you ran over a Twinkie on your mountain bike. In a Colorado, is that even a high speed collision?

Sometimes I hear horns. But I think it's DDs flirting with me. They see the guns.

Maybe I rammed a few cruisers. But it was mutual. They just brakes, I don't. So I think it's a cruiser that wants a hug. So I just say: " Shhh, it's going to be okay."

Other BBs, well I hardly get any complaints. GK says a DD is like a whale eating  Tic-tacs.

So yeah, BBs don't exactly stop on a dime, but I don't purposely sail in to smoke. If you smoke and offer thanks. But if you smoke and say nothing, I leave you alone. Because you need to conceal and I have to spot for you as I tank.

At least that is the role of BB to protect a DD. Misdirection. Look at me. Disregard the DD in the smoke. When my team mate is readyz I give wide berth so that DD can send torps.

Ideally this is how it should be, but realistically, you will get rammed by a doofus or at least someone special as in you have an admirer.

It's very difficult to know the difference.

But here is one clue. If they apologize, then don't report. Sincerity is the best policy.

If they reply rude, report.

If they don't reply at all, but act all tsundere like. Don't report, she is just shy. Just be nice. VD camo is usually a dead giveaway.

• Funny 2

Members
4,085 posts
44,091 battles
8 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Black humor at its best.

More like asinine. Or nicotiiiine.

Don't smoke kids. It's bad for you like Randoms. Randoms raises BP, lowers XP,  and can literally turn you in to a rostral column of salt.

• Funny 1

[TBCIC]
Members
70 posts
3,419 battles

Was in a Clemson in PVE sometime back and got pushed into a wave of torps ... to add insult to injury was dinged (not Kaiser) the  for causing the damage :Smile-angry:

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,055 posts
13,816 battles
11 hours ago, gillhunter said:

That is a bit to severe,

[CO-OP]
Members
2,074 posts
27,572 battles
3 hours ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

That is a bit to severe,

In standard mode... on Ocean!

Members
855 posts
15 hours ago, gillhunter said:

Its sucks OP..   Unfortunately, it's part of the game.  WG isnt going to do a damn thing except send you a form-letter reply if you report the jerk.  WG only concerns themselves with use using 'bad language'.

The only thing you can do is be careful how you use smoke.  Dont pop smoke around allies who could use it..    

You pop smoke and 'teammates' immediately bum-rush your position to shoot at the same ship your finishing off.   Especially on Newport - very common there.  Easy to spot the CL's waiting for you to smoke so they can rush in and park between you and the targets to block your torps and guns..

Have fun with it and let them think your going to smoke up then rush off when the red ships approach.  

[WOLF9]
Members
1,138 posts
23,079 battles
15 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

Bigger has the right of way .......

I HATE seeing a smaller ship (CA to my BB or DD to my CL) steam right in front of me or right into me.  The collision is unavoidable, but they are more manuverable than I am.

The worse time was when I was pink through my own fault (shot or torped someone) and was paying off my penance.  In the last game before I lost the pink, at the very end, a player rammed into my side.  Completely unavoidable.  Pink for a few more games ........