You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

WG doing something good .... and then something bad

41 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,203 posts
21,001 battles

Good news: WG is adding Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz as playable captain, with 10 pts to start with.

Bad news: He's in one random bundle out of 61, with a 500 doubloon per bundle cost.

Br00TCn.jpg

Well, because they want all the money in the world, of course.

*sigh*

Sauce:

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,074 posts
27,563 battles

With my luck 30000 doubloons... I think I'll pass.

• Cool 1

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
3 minutes ago, Efros said:

With my luck 30000 doubloons... I think I'll pass.

Lol I was wondering when Puerto Rico event 2.0 would show up... :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 7

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,203 posts
21,001 battles

For those who don't get the joke, the name is a reference to a 1970 Polish WWII comedy, called How I Unleashed World War II (Jak rozpętałem drugą wojnę światową)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[ARGSY]
Members
23,378 posts
17,307 battles
14 minutes ago, Lert said:

Good news: WG is adding Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz as playable captain, with 10 pts to start with.

Bad news: He's in one random bundle out of 61, with a 500 doubloon per bundle cost.

I'm going to take the same attitude to this as I did to the British doubloon bundles in the Heavy Cruiser release event:

1) If I get Jerzy Swirski in the first box, I will pay the doubloons - because it's worth that much to me to zero out the campaign and make it stress-free; and if I read right, there's a 7500 doubloon bounty on his head if you get the duplicate.

2) If I don't, I won't buy any of them. Greg's just a regular captain with no additional powers. I'm currently closing in on my SIXTH 19 point captain, and after that the ECXP will be flowing fast enough that I can boost up the captains that came with my Euro destroyers without having to pay retraining costs.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,203 posts
21,001 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm going to take the same attitude to this as I did to the British doubloon bundles in the Heavy Cruiser release event:

1) If I get Jerzy Swirski in the first box, I will pay the doubloons - because it's worth that much to me to zero out the campaign and make it stress-free; and if I read right, there's a 7500 doubloon bounty on his head if you get the duplicate.

2) If I don't, I won't buy any of them. Greg's just a regular captain with no additional powers. I'm currently closing in on my SIXTH 19 point captain, and after that the ECXP will be flowing fast enough that I can boost up the captains that came with my Euro destroyers without having to pay retraining costs.

That's about where I am too. As for Greg being just a regular captain - yeh but he's a very funny regular captain.

Banned
627 posts

They did the same thing to Operations, they fixed it, then nerfed the earnings so it isn't worth it because Wargaming has been slowly killing Operations for the past 2 years. 

Edited by Neko_Ship_Akashi

0 posts
26 minutes ago, Lert said:

Br00TCn.jpg

Well, because they want all the money in the world, of course.

*sigh*

Sauce:

I have to say, I am somewhat disgusted at this news. I was looking forward to this Captain, and a mission chain to obtain him. I won't say I'm heartbroken, but very disappointed @Hapa_Fodder

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
707 posts
5,975 battles

Speaking of captains, is it just me or does Nikolay Kuznetsov look like the Professor (played by Russell Johnson) from Gilligan's Island?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,203 posts
21,001 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

I have to say, I am somewhat disgusted at this news. I was looking forward to this Captain, and a mission chain to obtain him. I won't say I'm heartbroken, but very disappointed @Hapa_Fodder

You still get the actual legendary captain after completing a campaign, but the joke captain I'm interested in is in a box.

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
11,550 battles

What about Unique Nerfgrades costing 19'500 Research Swindle points?

Hey? How about them apples?

Do the math on how much grinding is required (or paying how much for FXP) to get these formerly free items.

Total plunder of the player base.

WG are poorly named. They should be Pirate Gaming. Arrgh, me hearties!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

0 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

You still get the actual legendary captain after completing a campaign, but the joke captain I'm interested in is in a box.

I don't care about the Legendary captain, I want the fun captain too. I understood your OP when I made my reply.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
2 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

Speaking of captains, is it just me or does Nikolay Kuznetsov look like the Professor (played by Russell Johnson) from Gilligan's Island?

That was my first thought too :) sorry ran out of reactions already

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,203 posts
21,001 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

I don't care about the Legendary captain, I want the fun captain too. I understood your OP when I made my reply.

Fair enough :)

[SGSS]
Members
5,747 posts

More importantly why are the new captains so easy to activate.  Takes forever to get Halsy going. Cunninham is only 3 flood and this guy is like10 planes and small amounts of torp hits.

Why not even have requierments just give them these things.

• Cool 1

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,943 battles
40 minutes ago, Lert said:

Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz

This hurt my eyes... 

How is this even pronounced?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,203 posts
21,001 battles
1 minute ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

This hurt my eyes... 

• Funny 3

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,430 battles
8 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

More importantly why are the new captains so easy to activate.  Takes forever to get Halsy going. Cunninham is only 3 flood and this guy is like10 planes and small amounts of torp hits.

Why not even have requierments just give them these things.

Partly because, from a combat perspective, the older captains have skills that make the ship much more effective. More stealth or faster reload from Halsey and Yamamoto could be very valuable in a battle, and take more effort to achieve. More range (Sansonetti, 100 hits), slightly higher fire chance (Auboyneau, one cap), or a tiny heal and dcp (Kuznetsov, just getting down to below 10% health) are less valuable and therefore require less to activate (ease of activation scales with potential value of the talent). 

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,430 battles
10 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

This hurt my eyes... 

Stick a bunch of marbles in your mouth and try to gargle with them? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Members
1,911 posts
27,767 battles
59 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

YEAH! Let's go for that no extra skilz commander!!!!

srhsdrhdsrh8.gif

Stealing this.... L'dOL

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,321 posts
13,169 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

and the other "shoe drops"  - giving everyone premium consumables... locking new RPG perks behind grind walls and pay walls. IMO. sneaky way to proceed forward with NTC 1.0. 

[SGSS]
Members
5,747 posts
51 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Partly because, from a combat perspective, the older captains have skills that make the ship much more effective. More stealth or faster reload from Halsey and Yamamoto could be very valuable in a battle, and take more effort to achieve. More range (Sansonetti, 100 hits), slightly higher fire chance (Auboyneau, one cap), or a tiny heal and dcp (Kuznetsov, just getting down to below 10% health) are less valuable and therefore require less to activate (ease of activation scales with potential value of the talent). 

I can understand that.

Had a game last night when I finally got Halsey activated in my Buffalo and my reload droped and it was critical at that time.

With Cunningham extra 5 percent on planes is nice but its not going to be a real game changer.

On the other hand when you get Halsey or Yammy the game is largly decided already.

[NGA]
Members
2,008 posts
12,594 battles

Well since Wargaming wants to practice highway robbery, I think I'll call in some piratical support. I have Luthor Harkon on speed dial.