You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Update 0.9.3 - Bug Reports

34 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,585 posts
15,111 battles

Standby for words from the Chief,

The Update 0.9.3 is here, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check our little guide on how to report a bug here: 

Spoiler

🤓
Spoiler

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within a section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

Something that I have noticed that really helps in tracking this sort of thing is if you fill out the following information: 

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us exampleson
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
Historical Inaccuracies
Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you gave any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface :

Forgot to mention, Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

For each report Please make sure to attach WG Check tool report to your reports! That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here: 

Spoiler

🤓
Spoiler

Below I have included a download link to our WG Check tool. This diagnostic tool can be used for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes.

This tool can be used as a way to run a diagnostic check on your game client, check to see if you're missing any game files (it will try and repair them if possible), and to gather necessary information our support team might need to address any tech/bug related issues. 

Once you have downloaded it, open the zip file and run the WGCheck.exe. After it has launched, please select the World of Warships icon and locate its directory. The default location is **C:\Games\World_of_Warships**

- Check the box labeled, *Add game client to the firewall exceptions*.

- Check the box labeled, *Extended network diagnostics*.

- Start the integrity check by selecting the orange *Start Diagnostics* button.

Be patient, it will take some time to finish.

In many instances, this should repair or at the very least diagnose what issue you may be having. 

If it doesn't resolve your issue, then I would like to ask that you please submit a support ticket to our CS team and please send us the WGCheck log that generates after the program has completed its check.

If the file size is too large for the support system, you may have to place it within a .zip file.

Lastly, if you have any mods installed on your PC, please remove them and run the check tool again (check your game client as well to see if removing the mod helped) before sending your info to us here in support. 

If you're trying to report any technical issue, please make sure to attach WG Check report to your posts. 

If you'd like to leave feedback on the latest content or updates, you can drop them here!

That is all.

Members
10 posts
1,198 battles

I have no clue how to add the wgc thing to this comment, but my rudder indicator is stuck all the way left. This has been like this for over 2 weeks. Please fix, i have lost so many battles thinking im turning "left" and realizing im not. getting [edited] in the end. 

Edited by xXQuickAscendXx
Editing

Members
4 posts
5,030 battles

When I open the new research bureau, in the armory, there is nothing in it. Even though the research bureau tab has a (1) on it.

image.thumb.png.9706616bf4b8007dce3414e6c589f8cc.png

Edited by Sir_Shipsalot
security

[CNP07]
Members
29 posts
17,691 battles

Most of the European DDs I had already gotten, Tiers 5-9, are saying the commanders need retraining?  Not Tier 6 for some reason, but I was dumb enough to try to spend dubloons for tier 5 euro DD and it still says Commander Retraining is needed.  Ugly glitch for patch day with a campaign where I want to use these ships.

[WG]
4,585 posts
15,111 battles
5 hours ago, Windchill80 said:

Since updating today I can't get into Armory. It just hangs. Let it try to load for 5 min with no luck.

WoWS_report.wgc

Please attach your WGC report to a customer service ticket with as much detail as possible.

5 hours ago, xXQuickAscendXx said:

I have no clue how to add the wgc thing to this comment, but my rudder indicator is stuck all the way left. This has been like this for over 2 weeks. Please fix, i have lost so many battles thinking im turning "left" and realizing im not. getting [edited] in the end. 

Same for you please, attach your WGC report to a customer service ticket with as much detail as possible. 

3 hours ago, Sir_Shipsalot said:

When I open the new research bureau, in the armory, there is nothing in it. Even though the research bureau tab has a (1) on it.

image.thumb.png.9706616bf4b8007dce3414e6c589f8cc.png

WoWS_report.wgc

The Research Bureau has just become available to EVERYONE that has not had it open in the past, if you do not have 5 Tier X ships as of yet, it will be empty.

3 hours ago, CorneliusNP said:

Most of the European DDs I had already gotten, Tiers 5-9, are saying the commanders need retraining?  Not Tier 6 for some reason, but I was dumb enough to try to spend dubloons for tier 5 euro DD and it still says Commander Retraining is needed.  Ugly glitch for patch day with a campaign where I want to use these ships.

In the Early Access alll the EU DD's you could acquire were considered premium. And so, no Captain training was required. If you did not train the commanders into those ships  then they would need to now, as the ships have been changed to tech tree ships.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[CNP07]
Members
29 posts
17,691 battles

This is what my Visby captain looks like AFTER I was dumb enough to pay to retrain.  He claims he still needs to retrain, and my attempt to place the first point shows the orange color still.

I need someone to take this seriously and not blow it off, please.

World of Warships 4_8_2020 5_13_15 PM.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,235 posts
22,853 battles

The hover text for mounting signals, flags, and camouflage indicates you use the left mouse button to mount/demount the item or mount/demount recommended. I am able to use the right mouse click to do this as well. 

This is also the case on the campaign screen where a single left mouse click will explore the task. I can single right mouse click to explore the task as well. I'm not gonna attempt to double right mouse click to cancel! (Can't remember if there is a cancel confirmation or not!)

Please disable right mouse actions on these pages.

Armory items are okay. I still need to left mouse click to open or select an item for purchase.

[JASH]
Members
64 posts
4,107 battles
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

In the Early Access alll the EU DD's you could acquire were considered premium. And so, no Captain training was required. If you did not train the commanders into those ships  then they would need to now, as the ships have been changed to tech tree ships.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Like others have said, ALL my pan eu commanders say they need retraining.. Even if they stayed on the boat and didn't move. Any ideas why this is happening? Do I need to send a ticket because I'm not paying to retrain a commander that stayed on the same boat. 

[USN]
Members
1,516 posts
20,450 battles

game keeps crashing to login screen on me consistently. Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.Ticket still pending. 

[P_P]
Members
1 post
34,910 battles

Update would not install. Uninstalled game and now Game Center is not loading either.

[NFJF]
Members
4 posts
17,965 battles

Yeah, i am unable to log in as well stuck at the log in. the sound came up like it was loaded and i was in the game but no such luck . 

2020-04-08.png

WoWS_report.wgc

Edited by _Guppy
  • Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
25 posts
14,953 battles

I had the same unable to log in issue, I switched off the aslian mods, no issues now getting on

Edited by acm123b

[WG]
4,585 posts
15,111 battles
19 hours ago, CorneliusNP said:

This is what my Visby captain looks like AFTER I was dumb enough to pay to retrain.  He claims he still needs to retrain, and my attempt to place the first point shows the orange color still.

I need someone to take this seriously and not blow it off, please.

World of Warships 4_8_2020 5_13_15 PM.png

I did not blow you off, if you look at the capt he is trained into the Ostergotland and not the Visby, this means that he needs to be trained INTO the visby.

17 hours ago, Dogfather1 said:

Like others have said, ALL my pan eu commanders say they need retraining.. Even if they stayed on the boat and didn't move. Any ideas why this is happening? Do I need to send a ticket because I'm not paying to retrain a commander that stayed on the same boat. 

So the EU DD's when they were in "early access" were considered premium, so no capt retraining was needed. So case in point, I used my Blys capt and when the update dropped, THEN I had to retrain him into the DD I wanted.

Are you talking about the capt that came WITH the ship? If this is so, I would need a screenshot of this.

-Hapa

[JASH]
Members
64 posts
4,107 battles
57 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

So the EU DD's when they were in "early access" were considered premium, so no capt retraining was needed. So case in point, I used my Blys capt and when the update dropped, THEN I had to retrain him into the DD I wanted.

Are you talking about the capt that came WITH the ship? If this is so, I would need a screenshot of this.

-Hapa

Ok I get it now thanks...Because I used my Blys capt on my Oland and it's not premium anymore, I need to retrain him for the Oland.  Still a bit confusing at first and would have been nice if the capt once played on a ship in a previous patch wouldn't need to be retrained when a new patch drops. 

• Cool 1

[WG]
4,585 posts
15,111 battles
3 minutes ago, Dogfather1 said:

Ok I get it now thanks...Because I used my Blys capt on my Oland and it's not premium anymore, I need to retrain him for the Oland.  Still a bit confusing at first and would have been nice if the capt once played on a ship in a previous patch wouldn't need to be retrained when a new patch drops. 

Well, I THINK when you got the capt, they came with a commander, so if you used the commanders that came with the ship that wouldn't happen, the problem with this is that you have to train the capt up for skills individually, though this is something people do, I prefer to run a 19 pt capt whenever I can.

-Hapa

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
766 posts
7,220 battles

All of my Euro commanders say they need retraining, and I thought at least some of them came with the ships as I got them through token purchase. I'll take a closer look though and a screenshot if they say they are trained for that ship and still say retraining required.

Now that I think about it.. I might have moved them around based on who had more points. If so, that's an AHA moment. Will advise. O7

Edited by Capn_Nugget
added info

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
766 posts
7,220 battles

I can confirm that I had been moving those commanders around so much that none of them were in their original ship. LOL. At the time I was trying to put the highest point commanders in the ship I was currently grinding camo missions for. Now it makes sense. I moved them back and now no re-training required. While the ships were early access, they did not require retraining.

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
On 4/8/2020 at 11:12 AM, Windchill80 said:

Since updating today I can't get into Armory. It just hangs. Let it try to load for 5 min with no luck.

WoWS_report.wgc

Wiggle your mouse.  I've noticed that too, but with some 'input' the UI figures out it needs to be working.

[-VT-]
Members
804 posts
35,867 battles
On 4/9/2020 at 6:28 PM, JAKeller said:

Wiggle your mouse.  I've noticed that too, but with some 'input' the UI figures out it needs to be working.

Have same issue.  Tried the suggestion above.  No luck.

Curses.  heh

Edit:  this issue cleared up for me.  Had the icon spinning for a good long while until, finally, Armory was accessed.  I mean like 15 minutes of spinning.  Sheesh.  Anyway, got in...and now can get back in easily enough.  Like someone said, it would appear the new message at the front end of the Armory might be the cause for the excessive time trying to access.

Edited by Sabene

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers
24 posts
6,240 battles
On 4/8/2020 at 10:12 AM, Windchill80 said:

WoWS_report.wgc

same for me as well in naval battles.

[RUSHR]
Members
84 posts
12,517 battles
On 4/10/2020 at 2:04 AM, Sabene said:

Have same issue.  Tried the suggestion above.  No luck.

Curses.  heh

Same here.

[MR-1]
Members
1,807 posts
22,328 battles

so glad I don't have to put up with these euro DDs from Sweden anymore 

the last update   I was constantly getting disconnected from the server  only to get back in with penalty points  . game kept crashing right after battles   . this update  its hardly happened 

but according to player support there was something wrong with my gaming laptop and my PC  but this update  ive hardly had an issue  

so I say to everyone else don't give them a WOW report they will just blame your machine  . wait for the next update and it will probably work better because  they don't admit its there problem not yours  most of the time 

• Cool 1