You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Diesel_Thunder

No love for Indianapolis?

40 comments in this topic

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
827 posts
7,428 battles

So the tech tree USN heavy cruisers, T6 Pensacola and T7 New Orleans, are getting better fore and aft armor, 16mm up to 25mm armor plating in patch 9.3. A welcome buff to their durability. Meanwhile, nothing for T7 Indianapolis. She will still retain her 16mm fore and aft armor.

As it is right now, she plays almost identically to New Orleans. Indianapolis's only gimmick over New Orleans was that she gets radar. Same speed between the two. New Orleans has more HP (2,500), better reload (1.3 seconds), and faster rudder shift (1.5 seconds).

Why not give her the better armor too?

armor.png

shot-20.04.07_09.32.27-0931.jpg

• Cool 13

[NONE]
Members
3,777 posts

Totally agree.  They may have just neglected to update the armor view image, but I'm disappointed if the Indy didn't actually get the armor buff.

3 minutes ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

So the tech tree USN heavy cruisers, T6 Pensacola and T7 New Orleans, are getting better fore and aft armor, 16mm up to 25mm armor plating in patch 9.3. A welcome buff to their durability. Meanwhile, nothing for T7 Indianapolis. She will still retain her 16mm fore and aft armor.

As it is right now, she plays almost identically to New Orleans. Indianapolis's only gimmick over New Orleans was that she gets radar. Same speed between the two. New Orleans has more HP (2,500), better reload (1.3 seconds), and faster rudder shift (1.5 seconds).

armor.png

@LittleWhiteMouse_PA or @Hapa_Fodder can you clarify?

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,578 posts
15,102 battles

Aloha,

We are currently looking at individual ships and their performance and changing them as we go. Whether this means that a change to Indy will occur later or will not occur I do not know at this time.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,458 posts

Hmmmm Premium Ships - that double standard where there are tears if there is talk of a change for balance sake, yet tears if there is no change either.

All dependent on whether it's a nerf or buff; what a fickle lot we are! :Smile_trollface:

Edit: Although meant as light humour, seeing the emojis, it will be interesting to see what ratio there will be, concerning those that obviously adopt a selfish double standard. Take a look at yourself people lol.

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4

[--V--]
Members
1,474 posts
13,926 battles

Love my Indy.  She's tough to play at times.  Can't be too aggressive, but she hits real hard, and the radar surprises a lot of DDs trying to hide.

• Cool 2

[BOTES]
Members
2,263 posts
8,904 battles

WG generally won't touch premiums unless there's a "global" change, but the global changes are usually couched in a global Soviet buff with nerfs to everything else (see IFHE).

I think Indianapolis is quite good as is, but it isn't good enough for an armor buff to make it OP. Despite this, I have a feeling that WG "looking" at its performance means they're going to tell you it already has 10km radar and they're not going to consider up-armoring to be a global change.

Edited by awildseaking

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,229 posts
22,826 battles
1 hour ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

armor.png

Those changes are specific to ships and not part of the 'system-wide' armor changes in the last patch. I would expect Indy to see some love at some point but, at the same time, if she doesn't get the armor buff then that is the 'downside' of having a premium. They should not be changed for worse (and even better). She might become a port queen or you may need to be more careful with her in battle.

• Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,381 posts
12,280 battles
15 minutes ago, awildseaking said:

WG generally won't touch premiums unless there's a "global" change, but the global changes are usually couched in a global Soviet buff with nerfs to everything else (see IFHE).

I think Indianapolis is quite good as is, but it isn't good enough for an armor buff to make it OP. Despite this, I have a feeling that WG "looking" at its performance means they're going to tell you it already has 10km radar and they're not going to consider up-armoring to be a global change.

They do buff premiums all the time without a global change. They don't nerf them, however.  

I agree that the buff would not make Indy OP and I think it should get it too. 

[SALVO]
Members
26,134 posts
29,152 battles
5 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

We are currently looking at individual ships and their performance and changing them as we go. Whether this means that a change to Indy will occur later or will not occur I do not know at this time.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

For what it's worth, it seems that if the tier 6 and 7 USN CAs are getting certain buffs, then it would seem wise to me that the same people working on this buff should be looking at the one tier 7 USN premium CA at the same time.  But that's just me thinking logically.  :cap_hmm:

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,578 posts
15,102 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

For what it's worth, it seems that if the tier 6 and 7 USN CAs are getting certain buffs, then it would seem wise to me that the same people working on this buff should be looking at the one tier 7 USN premium CA at the same time.  But that's just me thinking logically.  :cap_hmm:

Well the way things work in my head (don't ask you don't wanna know), it would make more sense to me that tech tree ships get looked at FIRST as they are probably played more frequently. But that is just me.

-Hapa

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SGSS]
Members
5,763 posts
5 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Mahalo,

-Hapa

I like If I but yes she needs the buff to!

Please!!!!

• Cool 1

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
827 posts
7,428 battles

I always felt Indianapolis had more potential, yet the tech tree New Orleans actually outperforms her (not a lot, but still does). And that is before New Orleans gets her armor buffed!

Two things I had in mind for a while that I think would make her shine (and desirable) as a premium ship would be a slightly better reload, around 12 seconds or so. And the super heavy shell that T8 Baltimore and up get. Both of those together IMO would not make her OP.

Would really like the armor to be buffed to that of her tech tree counterparts. All three would make her an absolute delight to sail, kinda like a baby Baltimore, but without Baltimore's beefier armor.

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles
7 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Mahalo,

-Hapa

A definite maybe.

[LUJSV]
Members
1,016 posts
35,390 battles

year 2036 pensacola & new olearns with 32mm &  indianapolis with 16mm still  XD,

indinapolis is same a pensacola very weak everyone know about it!

Edited by rafael_azuaje
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Buffs?  Who said she needs buffs?

• Funny 1

[LUJSV]
Members
1,016 posts
35,390 battles
5 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Buffs?  Who said she needs buffs?

a battle does not determine that the ship is good!

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,035 battles
7 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

They do buff premiums all the time without a global change. They don't nerf them, however.  

...ah, but they DO nerf them outside a global change...on rare occasions.

There is no actual commitment by WG not to nerf premiums.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
7 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

They don't nerf them, however

They did Nerf Texas, Atlanta and Flint; twice now. First time around was the AA rework (loss of range and damage.) 2nd time was removing the flack from Texas and the third was the huge IFHE Nerf to none ijn DD mafia caliber guns.

I'm sure there are more premium (adjustments) out there but I can't pull them off the top of my head; if you exclude the premium CVs.

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles
9 hours ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

She's a premium,

If they buff the NO and then have to reverse the buff it's not a big issue... If the buff the Indianapolis and then have to reverse it every is gonna lose their "ship" saying that they nerfed a premium. 

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles
5 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

They did Nerf Texas, Atlanta and Flint; twice now. First time around was the AA rework (loss of range and damage.) 2nd time was removing the flack from Texas and the third was the huge IFHE Nerf to none ijn DD mafia caliber guns.

I'm sure there are more premium (adjustments) out there but I can't pull them off the top of my head; if you exclude the premium CVs.

I'm still very salty about all of that... I really miss my Atlanta, but she just isn't worth it right now.

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

Consider this to be a rare occasion folks. ANY buff to Cruisers is as rare as boobs on a chicken. Normally it's nerf, nerf, nerf.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1