You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Premium ships becoming coal ships in 0.9.3: Marblehead and Anshan.

56 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-093-europen-destroyers-part-2/ 

Marblehead for 34,000 coal.

Anshan for 40,000 coal.

Two very useful additions in the mid tiers, for those who want a premium ship in those nations but don't have the means to pay money or doubloons for it.

And yes, before anyone starts screeching about the value they lost, I BOUGHT THE ANSHAN FOR ACTUAL MONEY AND I STILL APPROVE OF WARGAMING MAKING HER A COAL SHIP.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 2

[USN]
Members
1,514 posts
20,445 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Anshan for 40,000 coal.

that's a nice ship to add too, because T6, so operations are a thing (and Anshan AP is no slouch, which is a requirement for DDs to have in ops) plus completing the PTS missions gives you a T6 premium, so getting Anshan for coal increases the chance of getting something you might want a little more. Finally, her default camo (not her lunar new year camo) has a bonus 100% Free XP added to it, so it makes grinding the T9 and 10 Free XP ships a little bit easier.

[CK5]
Members
1,525 posts
16,305 battles

Very good additions to the Armory (well, the Anshan, anyway).  Could it be that WG is starting to actually listen to the players?

[RCNW3]
Members
1,959 posts
21,107 battles

good additions, they have been out forever, Anshan is solid, Marblehead good learning ship

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles
4 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Very good additions to the Armory (well, the Anshan, anyway).  Could it be that WG is starting to actually listen to the players?

They've been doing nice things for the players ever since I got into the game, IMHO. The fact that they don't give us everything we want the minute we ask for it doesn't change that.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 4

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They've been doing nice things for the players ever since I got into the game, IMHO. The fact that they don't give us everything we want the minute we ask for it doesn't change that.

I agree :Smile_smile:

[USCC2]
Members
6,459 posts

Got the Anshan many moons ago for cash.

Nice to see the older ships finding new life with another form of purchase - well done WG!

Holy crap! That's 2 'well done' to WG this week what with the premium consumables. :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,819 posts
2,663 battles
36 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

that's a nice ship to add too, because T6, so operations are a thing (and Anshan AP is no slouch, which is a requirement for DDs to have in ops) plus completing the PTS missions gives you a T6 premium, so getting Anshan for coal increases the chance of getting something you might want a little more. Finally, her default camo (not her lunar new year camo) has a bonus 100% Free XP added to it, so it makes grinding the T9 and 10 Free XP ships a little bit easier.

This I did not know.  I might have to pick up Anshan.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles
11 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Holy crap! That's 2 'well done' to WG this week what with the premium consumables.

And the plans to put extra points in co-op so the mercy rule doesn't kick in - it's a threesome!

Er... okay, maybe that should be a triple. :Smile_hiding:

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

I got the ANSHAN  and the Marblehead in  Christmas Crates.  I was pretty lucky and got a ton of new ships.  I guess I need to go look at them and see what I am missing.  

I don't know how you Guys/Gals keep up with all of your ships.  I have 105 now and too many that I have never played.

Col Out

[USCC2]
Members
6,459 posts
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And the plans to put extra points in co-op so the mercy rule doesn't kick in - it's a threesome!

Er... okay, maybe that should be a triple. :Smile_hiding:

Guess it's all down to the type of parties you attend! :cap_haloween: (None during the current crisis obviously).

It's actually nice to see that no one has started complaining that they spent money so deserve some form of compensation - it seems that most are happy that others have an opportunity to benefit from these offers! :Smile_honoring:

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

It's actually nice to see that no one has started complaining that they spent money so deserve some form of compensation

I tried to step on that from the start by declaring my own investment in the situation.

There was some ranting and raving when the Blyskawica went to coal, and sadly I'm sure there will be here too. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
674 posts

If you are planning on buying Anshan to play in Operations, I would wait until we see exactly how much WG nerfed them before committing any coal.

Edited by Rustyhole
  • Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I tried to step on that from the start by declaring my own investment in the situation.

There was some ranting and raving when the Blyskawica went to coal, and sadly I'm sure there will be here too. 

I don't really understand this issue people have.  Do they complain when people get ships in Crates?  The BLYS is one of those I got  in my flood of new ships from Christmas.  It just doesn't make sense to complain about free stuff or how X got their ship.   Now would I be a little miffed if my 1M FXP ship suddenly became a really easy to get freebie.. Probably but actually get mad?

The ones I DO understand are those poor people who JUST spent tons of steel for ships that are going to be coal ( or so I have heard ) Steel is SO much harder to get.  Those people may have a beef. Still we didn't hear that much from them.

Col Out

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
2 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

If you are planning on buying Anshan to play in Operations, I would wait until we see exactly how much WG nerfed them before committing any coal.

Who said they are going to nerf them?  Link?  All I have heard about was the IFHE nerf.

Or are you talking about operations?  Sorry still on that first cup of JAVA!

Edited by Col_Nasty

[O_O]
Members
674 posts
10 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Who said they are going to nerf them?  Link?  All I have heard about was the IFHE nerf.

Or are you talking about operations?  Sorry still on that first cup of JAVA!

Operation payouts are being nerfed.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles
10 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

This is true, but she's a good all-round Tier 6 destroyer; more useful for the fact that unlike the tech-tree Fushun, Anshan's torps can hit other DDs. I'm sure there are going to be people for whom having a no-cash-down premium trainer will encourage them to go up the Pan-Asian line (with respect to captain retraining). 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,805 posts
10,952 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is true, but she's a good all-round Tier 6 destroyer; more useful for the fact that unlike the tech-tree Fushun, Anshan's torps can hit other DDs. I'm sure there are going to be people for whom having a no-cash-down premium trainer will encourage them to go up the Pan-Asian line (with respect to captain retraining). 

Answers a question.  +1

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
15 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

Operation payouts are being nerfed.

Ok thnx.... Yeah I heard about that a while ago.   Amazing how some people didn't see THAT Train with all it's light flashing and horn blasting coming.

I have plenty of ships FXP and Credits but I can see newer people quitting because of this.

Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles

Cool. Anshan is a good ship, the marblehead isn't so much but i guess coal is better to get mediocrity with than cash

Members
1,916 posts
27,782 battles

Was Anshan the prize of a quest/mission-chain? I have one but would never have purchased it, as I hate DD play, generally speaking.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles
4 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Was Anshan the prize of a quest/mission-chain? I have one but would never have purchased it, as I hate DD play, generally speaking.

For all I know it might have been, but it might have been before either of us started playing (you were in the game before I was). 

Alternatively you might have got it in a Supercontainer and forgotten about it.

[K-POP]
Members
4,849 posts
13,453 battles
4 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I think there were one or two missions or events that gave it as a reward but I’m not 100% sure on that. I know I got mine as a twitch raffle prize from one of the CC streamers a while back. Or you could have gotten it from a SC or something similar. 

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles
9 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Cool. Anshan is a good ship, the marblehead isn't so much but i guess coal is better to get mediocrity with than cash

I have, somewhere, a vid I made of me getting over 100K damage in the Omaha without a scratch on my ship. As a relative newcomer. 

The Marblehead isn't the Omaha for sure, but all the Omaha-class are great and useful ships if you know how to handle them. 

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
13,665 battles

Someone say Marblehead good learning ship.

Marblehead is just glitz Omaha. Teach you not to go broad side in american cruiser, but can learn this in Omaha. I find Marblehead very weak.

Anshan is okej. I not play it much but I think is okej little ship.