You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

The Time Has Come, Wargaming, to allow lower tiers into Daily Chains...

38 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles

...and you could do it by making the requirements Tier 5 to 10 ships in Random, Co-op, Scenario, Ranked and Clan battles, OR Tier 2 to 4 ships in Co-op battles.

The gains would be minimal, it is true, but the ships would at least be contributing something - and making it co-op would stop the new players just out of protected matchmaking from being beaten up on by experienced players.

It would also motivate the grind for new players just coming into the game, or those who had missed out on a pre-release and were grinding their ships all the way up from the bottom.

It would al$o be a great way to motivate $ale$ of Tier 2 to 4 premium $hip$, $ince player$ could now actually u$e them for $omething other than ju$t earning XP and retraining low-tier commander$.

Tagging @Hapa_Fodder to pass this suggestion up the line.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 15
  • Boring 5

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

I agree even small rewards... add dailies that include tiers 2-4  (after limiting CV's to no more than 1 per team at T4) and do not allow CV's in battles with T3.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I agree even small rewards... add dailies that include tiers 2-4  (after limiting CV's to no more than 1 per team at T4) and do not allow them in battles with T3.

Co-op never has more than one carrier anyway, and T4 co-op bot carriers are very close to harmless.

It would have to be co-op to stop the unicums from farming and discouraging the newbies.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Co-op never has more than one carrier anyway, and T4 co-op bot carriers are very close to harmless.

It would have to be co-op to stop the unicums from farming and discouraging the newbies.

I'd rather they have the option of co-op or random... let the player decide.  More options aren't a bad thing..  

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
4 minutes ago, SKurj said:

More options aren't a bad thing..  

They aren't, but I'm thinking of the welfare of the newbie players; they don't deserve to have alpha-tester unicums come down to take advantage of them, and you know there would be conscienceless predators. Co-op only would make it clear that that sort of garbage would not be tolerated.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,361 posts
10,479 battles

Agree with this excellent suggestion. Thanks!

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They aren't, but I'm thinking of the welfare of the newbie players; they don't deserve to have alpha-tester unicums come down to take advantage of them, and you know there would be conscienceless predators. Co-op only would make it clear that that sort of garbage would not be tolerated.

I certainly do see your point...  perhaps post some form of alert or warning to let new players know that is the risk they take every time they choose random up to Tier3 or 4..  I dunno.  Make it part of the training, i don't even know what a new account has to go through these days i haven't done that since release... if there is a bootcamp or that sort of thing.  I don't even have Science of Victory or whatever that first campaign is done...   soon...

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,858 posts
25,782 battles

If Tier IV and lower get MM protection, then they don't rate being able to complete Daily Chains.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles

I don't even have Science of Victory or whatever that first campaign is done...   soon...

Be careful about when you finish that one, because the prize is 7 days of premium time. Do that last mission ONLY when you have a guaranteed stretch of time in which to make best use of it (unless you run premium time all the time, in which case it will just tack onto the end).

1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If Tier IV and lower get MM protection, then they don't rate being able to complete Daily Chains.

We shall agree to differ.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This is the wrong attitude imo..  what if the daily chain reward for T4 and under was 1 signal...  as a new player even a milkbone is better than nothing and is encouragement to keep going.

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

encouragement to keep going.

This is the all-important factor.

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles

I disagree with this one seal pup... It falls under the clause of protecting the weak and vulnerable from the vultures.

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

[hidden]

There are less abusive ways of saying what you said. You've already stated your disagreement; there was no need to escalate.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

[hidden]

ok then as you certainly have something up your b.. today...  you seem to think someone is out to get your favorite tiers so please spread the wealth... and to hell with the game lol.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,858 posts
25,782 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There are less abusive ways of saying what you said. You've already stated your disagreement; there was no need to escalate.

5 minutes ago, SKurj said:

ok then as you certainly have something up your b.. today...  you seem to think someone is out to get your favorite tiers so please spread the wealth... and to hell with the game lol.

I'm making it quite clear why low tier doesn't deserve anything special when they get Special Snowflake MM treatment when mid tiered ships are getting slaughtered.

That is the fact of the game.

You got Omaha, Emerald, New York dealing with the likes of Scharnhorst, Fiji, Belfast, Myoko.

New Mexico, Farragut dealing with Massachusetts, Amagi, Akizuki, Benson, Kidd, Lightning.

LOLORADO, Mahan, Shiratsuyu dealing with Musashi, Georgia, Kitakaze, Fletcher, Jutland.

Meanwhile precious little Tier IV botes have a special protective shield.  Now they should get additional benefits?

Hell no.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You got Omaha, Emerald, New York dealing with the likes of Scharnhorst, Fiji, Belfast, Myoko.

New Mexico, Farragut dealing with Massachusetts, Amagi, Akizuki, Benson, Kidd.

LOLORADO, Mahan, Shiratsuyu dealing with Musashi, Georgia, Kitakaze, Fletcher, Jutland.

You know what?

All that goes down quite fine in co-op, and co-op is a recognised mode for completing the dailies at the currently-eligible tiers. Therefore, your complaint about how the mid tiers would suffer while the low tiers glory in protected bliss lacks substance and merit.

• Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

you are still on a rant that makes no sense.. and is counter productive and belongs elsewhere

when T4 and T3 see 3 cv's...  that's a real nice protective shield, but hey lets prevent all new accounts from being created because T5 toT7 sucks right now cuz vets don't like it.  Sounds like sibling squabbles to me.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
597 posts
5,863 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Be careful about when you finish that one, because the prize is 7 days of premium time. Do that last mission ONLY when you have a guaranteed stretch of time in which to make best use of it (unless you run premium time all the time, in which case it will just tack onto the end).

:)

Glad I'm not the only one! I do this. I'm sitting on edge of completing the, "North Cape' Collection, just for that fact. I was waiting for the right moment. Then they were so generous with the 2 weeks of premium time, I've not had to use it.

I was thinking of pooling that time, to maybe use in conjunction with a short WG Premium account. So that the 'extra' days that I can earn, accumulate 25 DB/day. For the time being that will stay on the back burner, I suppose.

I considered doing it now, if it would trigger the DB payoff, but I think you have to have the Premium account before any extra credit time would count. I am still a bit hazy on how it works exactly. I have a few things waiting to be triggered to give some premium time.

Sorry to derail thread.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
2 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

I was thinking of pooling that time, to maybe use in conjunction with a short WG Premium account. So that the 'extra' days that I can earn, accumulate 25 DB/day.

In my opinion it's not worth it. Unless the dubs you would earn kick you over the line for a premium ship you've been itching for, IMHO it's better - circumstances allowing - to maintain an ongoing stretch of premium time or use it when you know you can make the best use of all of it.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
30 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You're not in the minority here.  

Members
131 posts
7,298 battles

You know what?

All that goes down quite fine in co-op, and co-op is a recognised mode for completing the dailies at the currently-eligible tiers. Therefore, your complaint about how the mid tiers would suffer while the low tiers glory in protected bliss lacks substance and merit.

19 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

As long as they get special snowflake status while mid tiered ships in Tier V-VII are getting massacred, they don't rate sh*t in low tiers.

I agree with the ensign on this. I understand Haze’s point, but I’m more concerned about encouraging people to spend more time playing at lower levels so they learn the game rather than rushing to mid then high tiers (as I did when I started) and making play more frustrating at higher tiers for their teammates.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,858 posts
25,782 battles

You know what?

7 minutes ago, SKurj said:

you are still on a rant that makes no sense.. and is counter productive and belongs elsewhere

when T4 and T3 see 3 cv's...  that's a real nice protective shield, but hey lets prevent all new accounts from being created because T5 toT7 sucks right now cuz vets don't like it.  Sounds like sibling squabbles to me.

Little WoWs history lesson.

The game did used to have low tiers eligible for daily missions.  When Tier IV got it's little MM protected status, that ended.

So, when Tier III can possibly see Tier V, Tier IV possibly see Tier VI again, I'll be onboard to get them full status with the missions, etc.

Until then.

Hell no.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,858 posts
25,782 battles

You are still ranting like a pre-teen..

It's stating facts.  The game was like that.

Until Tier III & IV get to experience what it's like being -2 tiers in a match again, they don't deserve special consideration.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
7 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's stating facts.  The game was like that.

Until Tier III & IV get to experience what it's like being -2 tiers in a match again, they don't deserve special consideration.

The flipside of this argument is that being able to see multiple carriers while their own AA is garbage to nonexistent is probably just as bad.

And I repeat my previous statement: "special consideration" is of no import in co-op. 

Personally, I suspect you're bitter and angry because Tier 7 is now Tier 9's whipping boy, getting back what it used to dish out to Tier 5 all the time.