You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

I am Concerned About Alexander Nevsky Cruiser

7 comments in this topic

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles

So according to the WOWs Wiki the Alexander Nevsky has:

Base max gun range of 19km, but we know players will be upgrading which means you will see them with 22.04km gun range.

Rate of Fire 10 RPM, 6 second reload. So it will be firing off a minimum of 80 shells per minute with reasonable HE and good AP shells. 

Base Max speed of 36knts!? Which you know people are going to be adding Sierra Mike flags onto and that rivals or exceeds a fair number of DDs, which means it can also escape or chase down any CA, BB, CV. Also means at least some of the DDs will struggle as well. ( Max speed with Sierra Mike will be 37.8knts) And that means only the fastest DDs in the game will be able to outrun this ship, the rest will be able to be overtaken.

With Radar, and hydro it could end up being an even bigger problem than the Smolensk which often has the decency to at least blind itself with smoke and lack of radar. 

I can live with some of the aspects of the ship, but either at least a couple knots of speed need to be taken away from it or else it needs its gun range reduced. Because both combined are going to give it far to much power. And then you add in it’s armor that seems to be more of what you would find on Heavy Cruisers and you can see why I am concerned. But as a I said the ship just needs to have it’s speed dialed down some, or it’s gun range nerfed a little. In exchange just give it better AA to compensate for the nerfs.

Not trying to freak out or anything, just got looking at this thing and running it’s stats in comparison with various ships at tier and it’s looking like a problem at the moment. But since the ship is a WIP just thought I would leave these recommendations here.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[K-POP]
Members
3,071 posts
24,607 battles
26 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

So according to the WOWs Wiki the Alexander Nevsky has:

Base max gun range of 19km, but we know players will be upgrading which means you will see them with 22.04km gun range.

Rate of Fire 10 RPM, 6 second reload. So it will be firing off a minimum of 80 shells per minute with reasonable HE and good AP shells. 

Base Max speed of 36knts!? Which you know people are going to be adding Sierra Mike flags onto and that rivals or exceeds a fair number of DDs, which means it can also escape or chase down any CA, BB, CV. Also means at least some of the DDs will struggle as well. ( Max speed with Sierra Mike will be 37.8knts) And that means only the fastest DDs in the game will be able to outrun this ship, the rest will be able to be overtaken.

With Radar, and hydro it could end up being an even bigger problem than the Smolensk which often has the decency to at least blind itself with smoke and lack of radar. 

I can live with some of the aspects of the ship, but either at least a couple knots of speed need to be taken away from it or else it needs its gun range reduced. Because both combined are going to give it far to much power. And then you add in it’s armor that seems to be more of what you would find on Heavy Cruisers and you can see why I am concerned. But as a I said the ship just needs to have it’s speed dialed down some, or it’s gun range nerfed a little. In exchange just give it better AA to compensate for the nerfs.

Not trying to freak out or anything, just got looking at this thing and running it’s stats in comparison with various ships at tier and it’s looking like a problem at the moment. But since the ship is a WIP just thought I would leave these recommendations here.

You know what when someone spends the time to writing a post on a subject whether good bad or otherwise then some WALLY gives them a BORING vote but cant spend the time actually discussing the OP thoughts on the subject or objectively shares a different view on the matter shows me they wouldn't have a clue what the post is about and no b__lls to make meaningful conversation.

Sorry Admiral its late and I'm way off subject back to matter but I agree these ships will be a nightmare in the hands of capable players, its just typical for these paper ships.

cheers  

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,645 posts

looks like that Alex Nevsky  is the WG response to all the hysteria around the Smolensk...crap storm looming...:Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLFC]
Members
2,591 posts
11,113 battles

1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Soviet 180mm HE is really unimpressive since the last patch. Dmitri Donskoi has the same penetration characteristics as 152mm-armed ships but with a 12.5s reload, and Nevsky has a 6 second reload but only 2/3 as many guns. The HE DPM is pretty poor compared to their contemporaries, so the only thing the shells have going for them is their ballistics.

15 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

I made a thread about this ship...

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/214591-nevsky-looks-fun-but/

I crunched the numbers in this thread, if you’re interested.

Edited by Nevermore135

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

Soviet 180mm HE is really unimpressive since the last patch. Dmitri Donskoi has the same penetration characteristics as 152mm-armed ships but with a 12.5s reload, and Nevsky has a 6 second reload but only 2/3 as many guns. The HE DPM is pretty poor compared to their contemporaries, so the only thing the shells have going for them is their ballistics.

I crunched the numbers in this thread, if you’re interested.

The ship’s high speed, rate of fire, gun range, radar, hydro, armor, and HP pool are good enough that even if the HE damage is not all that impressive the ship still is OP at the moment. I too have crunched the numbers and for HE you get a stock total of 200,000 of possible damage per minute excluding upgrades or fires. And the main threat with HE is fires anyway, which the ship will be able to pull off with it’s current rate of fire, range, and fire chances. With DE skill you are getting 15% fire chance per shell, with at least 80 shells per minute flying at your ship...

AP shells get 256,000 damage per minute excluding any upgrades or citadel hits. And as you mentioned the ballistics are good which means the ship will be more than capable of scoring citadels. Meanwhile it appears the ship will be far less vulnerable to citadel hits in return which is highly unusual for a CL or a ship that can travel 36knts+.

And of course I will check out your thread to see your numbers.

Members
75 posts
11,540 battles

From the CC testing I've seen, the ship is extremely large, handles poorly, has not great armor, and has very very poor main gun accuracy. It doesn't appear to be overpowered at the moment. Yes, it has good gun characteristics apart from accuracy, HE alpha, and shell volume, but other than that the ship has a mediocre hull and very bad concealment. It looks fine so far, but we'll need to wait and see when it's released in 9.5. (Or was it 9.4?)

Edited by MitoUchiha