Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

A new day for T10 randoms

11 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,167 posts
13,743 battles

A couple of days ago I was very frustrated with the teams I was a part of. I did not think they were playing to win. Even though I fail more often than I succeed, I play to win. Today I've had much better teams in the context of play style meshing for better results. No, I have not won every random today but they were much more enjoyable.

BTW, a 20 minute neck in neck battle is NOT what I call enjoyable per se. I'd much rather be snowballed than loose a close one after fighting 15 or more minutes.

[O_O]
Members
6,979 posts
17,018 battles

I disagree.   A "W" does not determine game enjoyment, in my book.  I have had plenty of losses when I thoroughly enjoyed the game despite the loss.  If a game is a thriller, I don't care if I end up on the W side or the L side.

• Cool 3

[F4E]
Members
339 posts
6,820 battles
6 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I disagree.   A "W" does not determine game enjoyment, in my book.  I have had plenty of losses when I thoroughly enjoyed the game despite the loss.  If a game is a thriller, I don't care if I end up on the W side or the L side.

If I only found wins enjoyable I'd never be able to enjoy the game as the teams I'm on lose what feels like 90% of the time. I know this isn't the case but still.

[TDRB]
Members
5,167 posts
13,743 battles
6 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Fun is very subjective. When you're lucky enough to have a team that plays more as a team I enjoy the game more.

Playing to win and winning are to completely different animals. The most enjoyable times I have in this game is when my son can take a break from his busy life and join me for a few battles.

Edited by kgh52
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
914 posts
14,467 battles
52 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

BTW, a 20 minute neck in neck battle is NOT what I call enjoyable per se. I'd much rather be snowballed than loose a close one after fighting 15 or more minutes.

Neck and neck battles are more enjoyable for me, I prefer the battle to be closely fought than snowballed, which is no fun.

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
26,149 posts
29,241 battles
13 hours ago, kgh52 said:

A couple of days ago I was very frustrated with the teams I was a part of. I did not think they were playing to win. Even though I fail more often than I succeed, I play to win. Today I've had much better teams in the context of play style meshing for better results. No, I have not won every random today but they were much more enjoyable.

Dude, that's nuts.  I'd much rather have a long, close battle (even if I end up losing) over a 5 minute snowball where I get bad XP because the battle ended far too quickly to get anything productive done.  Long, close battles are enjoyable because the battle is (presumably) hard fought and fairly even.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 2

[LWA]
Members
1,252 posts
26 minutes ago, hexeris said:

Neck and neck battles are more enjoyable for me, I prefer the battle to be closely fought than snowballed, which is no fun.

13 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Dude, that's nuts.  I'd much rather have a long, close battle, even if I end up losing over a 5 minute snowball where I get bad XP because the battle ended far too quickly to get anything productive done.  Long, close battles are enjoyable because the battle is (presumably) hard fought and fairly even.

It is rare to have a down to the last second decision in a random match, but when there is I enjoy it immensely.  Even if I am just a spectator, I do my best to help.  It is like watch a reality TV show.  I have literally been on teams that won by a single second, and of course I have seen losses at the last second too.   Games like that get your heart rate up, and ready to play even more.  The dopamine rush.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,149 posts
29,241 battles
26 minutes ago, db4100 said:

It is rare to have a down to the last second decision in a random match, but when there is I enjoy it immensely.  Even if I am just a spectator, I do my best to help.  It is like watch a reality TV show.  I have literally been on teams that won by a single second, and of course I have seen losses at the last second too.   Games like that get your heart rate up, and ready to play even more.  The dopamine rush.

Yeah, they are rare, but they're so fun.  Heck, if you're one of those few ships left and you're in a game deciding engagement at the very end, your adrenaline can really get pumping.  And in my experience, I have to take a break after such a battle because I'm so wound up and sometimes my hands are really shaking.  But it's worth it.  More so if you win of course, but still fun as heck win or lose.

[LWA]
Members
1,252 posts
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Yeah, they are rare, but they're so fun.  Heck, if you're one of those few ships left and you're in a game deciding engagement at the very end, your adrenaline can really get pumping.  And in my experience, I have to take a break after such a battle because I'm so wound up and sometimes my hands are really shaking.  But it's worth it.  More so if you win of course, but still fun as heck win or lose.

This^^^

A few times I had the chance to get a "solo warrior", but choked.  I am still waiting for another opportunity to get my first "solo warrior".

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,816 posts
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

The most enjoyable times I have in this game is when my son can take a break from his busy life and join me for a few battles.

That's pretty cool.

[SALVO]
Members
26,149 posts
29,241 battles
8 minutes ago, db4100 said:

This^^^

A few times I had the chance to get a "solo warrior", but choked.  I am still waiting for another opportunity to get my first "solo warrior".

I have 7 Solo Warriors, the last of which was in a Yue Yang.  But oddly I don't even remember that battle.  The two SW's I do remember were in my Kamikaze R on New Dawn and were won in exactly the same way.  Both times, the enemy went chasing after our CV in the extreme north east and didn't cap the standard base.  Both times, I recognized what was happening and ran for the enemy's base and capped them out while they were finishing off our CV and didn't have time to either get back to their base or even to get to our base and out cap me.  It was so damned amusing to see these dopes all chasing after a CV and not one of them thought to just get on our cap, giving me a chance to run for theirs for the win.

Sign in to follow this