You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Scarlet_Eagle

Understanding Legendary Commanders

8 comments in this topic

[V1-PI]
Members
78 posts
7,209 battles

I found that I have a Legendary Commander in my tier one cruiser Erie?. I don"t know how it got there. I'm trying to get information on him, Cunningham I think.

YouTube videos don't seem to have a lot of in depth info.

I've been working on getting Halsey to play around with but that's still a long grind. Son-of-a-gun, I have one already.

About 85% of my games are in USN DDs but I've been thinking about playing USN cruisers.

General info on Legendary Commanders.

Any Help?

Edited by Scarlet_Eagle

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
6 minutes ago, Scarlet_Eagle said:

Any Help?

You can find info about all of them in this article ... :Smile_honoring:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-guides/all-about-commanders/

edit: p.s. Do a Youtube search on WOWS Flamu Cunningham and you'll find a video of him on Conqueror and one of Daring

Edited by DocWalker
added info

[K-POP]
Members
4,849 posts
13,453 battles
54 minutes ago, Scarlet_Eagle said:

I found that I have a Legendary Commander in my tier one cruiser Erie?. I don"t know how it got there. I'm trying to get information on him, Cunningham I think.

Cunningham would be on black swan not Erie, but that’s beside the point. All of the legendary and special commanders (Doe brothers, rong brothers, etc) by default come specialized for the t1 ship of that nation and have to be retrained for whatever ship you want them in. If you have the t1 in your port without a commander in it and earn the commander it will automatically assign to the specialized ship. 

[V1-PI]
Members
78 posts
7,209 battles
On 4/6/2020 at 10:34 PM, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Cunningham would be on black swan not Erie, but that’s beside the point. All of the legendary and special commanders (Doe brothers, rong brothers, etc) by default come specialized for the t1 ship of that nation and have to be retrained for whatever ship you want them in. If you have the t1 in your port without a commander in it and earn the commander it will automatically assign to the specialized ship. 

My bad...it"s Theodore E. Chandler. He has the two color diagonal stripe in the lower right corner of his picture. He is assigned to the Erie. If I mouse over the ribbon it shows him as a "Unique Commander". I get the feeling that he isn't a Legendary Commander.

Guess I'll have to find out what a Unique Commander is first.

[V1-PI]
Members
78 posts
7,209 battles

OK. After doing some research, this is what I think is going on.

I received Chandler after completing the American Cruiser line. He doesn't get any buffs to Commander skills, but he does get buffs to post-battle XP and credits. More than a Tech Tree Commander, but not as much as a Premium ship Commander as it is the ship that is Premium. He can't be transferred into any Tech Tree ships without retraining, but Premium ships are OK.

This raises another question. The Commanders in Premium ships are regular Commanders. If I take Chandler who is a Unique commander and place him in a Premium ship will his post-battle XP and credits be higher than if a regular Commander was driving her?