You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hans_CC

EU DDs

18 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Members
130 posts
23,674 battles

really pushing this type of DD on us players is an insult - really WOW? 

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[BOTO]
Members
1,165 posts
14,101 battles
6 minutes ago, Hans_CC said:

really pushing this type of DD on us players is an insult - really WOW? 

How do you figure that?

[KMS]
Members
130 posts
23,674 battles
4 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

How do you figure that?

have you played them - slow they are - no smoke - interesting? mmm - these are sub par - play the Grem or American line - IMHO these are just a joke - enough said

• Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
9,801 posts
16,569 battles
6 minutes ago, Hans_CC said:

have you played them - slow they are - no smoke - interesting? mmm - these are sub par - play the Grem or American line - IMHO these are just a joke - enough said

Apparently they don't get good till 9 and 10. They may be good in Randoms but in Co op I would choose any other nation.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[BOTO]
Members
1,165 posts
14,101 battles
1 minute ago, Hans_CC said:

Well they're tech tree ships so WG isn't pushing them on you, you can take them or leave them.  Furthermore, I get it if you don't like the playstyle, but some people do and excel with them.  I've only played the Visby myself but I kind of like it.  I'll grind out the line once they're released live.

• Cool 2

[AKN]
Members
1,058 posts
7,467 battles
8 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Apparently they don't get good till 9 and 10. They may be good in Randoms but in Co op I would choose any other nation.

Even at Tier 9 and 10 they are essentially slated at 1-2 tiers higher than their competitive weight. For example, Smaland and Halland with their current attributes and nothing changed still wouldn't be the "best" DD if they were placed at Tier 9 instead of 10. Underpowered from the gate.

• Boring 1

[RCNW3]
Beta Testers
3,030 posts
24,674 battles

I did not think that I would enjoy playing them but then I would be lying ……...

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,179 posts
14,080 battles

Just a new ship line that WG introduced. I ground them as far as the grind can go without spending doubloons on them. I'll grind them after they go regular tech tree to T10. They are different for sure. They aren't for everyone. I am glad WG is offering more options. Just pick the ones you like and forgo the ones you don't like.

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
22 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Dawg, I find them eminently playable.  Obviously, I haven't played any below tier 5, but I own the tier 5 through 8, and have found all of them quite playable.  The tier 5 and 6 are sort of like playing like IJN torp bote DDs, because they're pretty quick and have more guns pointing aft than pointing forward.  Starting at tier 7, the Swedish DDs aren't quite as fast, being mid 30's in speed, but have extremely fast firing guns and fast, long range torps.

I agree that they may not be great for coop, because in my experience, if you want to maximize your XP in coop, you need higher alpha.  But in randoms, the lower damage torpedoes are still quite useful, in part because they seem to generate a lot of flooding hits, which can lead to a lot of perma flooding and fires, which can pile up quite nicely over time.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,262 posts
18,438 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Apparently they don't get good till 9 and 10.

Not unlike Italian cruisers; sort of makes you wonder if that was done on purpose to make players grind up to tier 10.

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
9,801 posts
16,569 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Dawg, I find them eminently playable.  Obviously, I haven't played any below tier 5, but I own the tier 5 through 8, and have found all of them quite playable.  The tier 5 and 6 are sort of like playing like IJN torp bote DDs, because they're pretty quick and have more guns pointing aft than pointing forward.  Starting at tier 7, the Swedish DDs aren't quite as fast, being mid 30's in speed, but have extremely fast firing guns and fast, long range torps.

I agree that they may not be great for coop, because in my experience, if you want to maximize your XP in coop, you need higher alpha.  But in randoms, the lower damage torpedoes are still quite useful, in part because they seem to generate a lot of flooding hits, which can lead to a lot of perma flooding and fires, which can pile up quite nicely over time.

I figured that they would be much better suited for Randoms, the bots all charge too fast and positioning isn't as important part of the meta in Co op.

[R-F]
Members
133 posts
8,725 battles
1 hour ago, Varknyn12 said:

Even at Tier 9 and 10 they are essentially slated at 1-2 tiers higher than their competitive weight. For example, Smaland and Halland with their current attributes and nothing changed still wouldn't be the "best" DD if they were placed at Tier 9 instead of 10. Underpowered from the gate.

We should wait a while after they are released and check the stats before we say they are underpowered.

Members
196 posts
4,922 battles

I can tell you the Vasteras is a pain for carriers to deal with. By the time my planes spot them, I can't turn tight enough to get a shot off.

[RLGN]
Members
13,497 posts
23,563 battles
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Gasp. Shock. Mk I.

Also why I couldn't give a flying flip about pretty much all of the last few lines; maybe going back as much as two years.

Not interested in the least, in playing 8 tiers of garbage, just to get to the 'good' ships.

1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Just a new ship line that WG introduced. I ground them as far as the grind can go without spending doubloons on them. I'll grind them after they go regular tech tree to T10. They are different for sure. They aren't for everyone. I am glad WG is offering more options. Just pick the ones you like and forgo the ones you don't like.

Or not grind them at all?

I'll play Gryf. It's going to show up in my port, whether I want it to or not.

But everything else? Those 1,210 EU tokens I have are worth 100 camos, and whatever signals I can get out of the last 10.

17 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Not unlike Italian cruisers; sort of makes you wonder if that was done on purpose to make players grind up to tier 10.

Gasp. Shock. Mk II.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,262 posts
18,438 battles
9 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Gasp. Shock. Mk II.

Drama Queen!

• Funny 1

Members
552 posts
5,360 battles

I don't think they are bad boats at all, but they definitely do not play like any other DD line.  I look at them as a challenge, as my first no smoke DDs in a CV-heavy meta.  While I wouldn't object to a small buff here or there to the line in general I had pretty good results with them, especially Skane at tier 7.  I suspect that if DD-centric activities like capping and spotting were rewarded better, the Pan-EU DDs would be more popular.  However, since they don't generate many Dev Strikes or eye-popping damage numbers in general it takes more work to really make them shine.

Beta Testers
1,045 posts
4,698 battles

Although I find the concept interesting and I love the way the T9 looks, they are either very very passive ships, or suicidal ships in the hands of an aggressive player like myself. The fact that you are the slowest DD, coupled with the lack of smoke, tiny health pool, average at best handling and concealment, makes it a VERY challenging line to play. For maximum results you're best off playing them like a wet noodle slinging shima IMO. The T10's guns will really have to be quite a bit better than the T9's for it to be even considered "okay".

Edited by BattlecruiserOperational
typo