You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
neptunes_wrath

THANKS for the advice, I GOT THE JB... so now how is the best way to set it up???

15 comments in this topic

Members
3,200 posts
591 battles

Have a ten point capt to put in it right away, what the best way to set this thing up, IYO,,,

Thanks again for advising the buy.... now help me make it work good, LOL

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

a ton of videos out there on the jean bart, i have very very few games in it, and took my recommendations from ichase for this basic 10pt BB skills... 

PT,AR,SI, CE

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
986 posts
9,311 battles

As tempting as it may be, don't spec for secondaries. Spec for fire prevention and DCP cooldown along with concealment and adrenaline rush. French BBs are super squishy against HE, so mitigating that as much as possible is optimal

It also works very well with the Republique if and when you get it. 

[NX01]
Members
58 posts
9,981 battles

So mine is PT, AR, SI, and CE for the first ten points.  Then get FP.  If you want to switch FP and CE I think that works too.  Then I have EM, JoAT, and the EL.  I think you could go BoS, but with the small guns at T9 you fire a bunch of both ammo types and you do have a bunch of really useful consumables.

Edited by admiralMI

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I like to put one of my Honore brothers Captains on it.

that is what i did...

[PVE]
Members
5,087 posts
22,484 battles

I have as well.   He's only 12 points and I haven't added the BFT and MFCS yet.  I just got out of a COOP battle with her:

shot-20_04.06_19_12.11-0980.thumb.jpg.4af470c901afc333b1147529f721e64d.jpg

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,939 posts
18,278 battles

Congratulations Neptune!

the Wiki page offers these suggestions

ship upgrades

slot 1 Main Armaments Mod1

slot 2 Engine Boost Mod1 or Damage Control System Mod1

slot 3 Aiming Systems Mod1

slot 4 Damage Control System Mod2

slot 5 Concealment Systems Mod1

slot 6 Main Battery Mod3

Captain skills it suggests PM, EM, AR, Basic Survivability, Superintendent, Concealment, FP

with the options of BFT and AFT

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

Grats! I think you'll be happy with your decision.  If it wasn't mentioned before JB makes very good credits ... even in CoOp.

I too use an Honore brother shared between RIchelieu and JB ... and have enjoyed it set up with a secondary build ... probably not a common choice, but I love when they go off on pesky DDs sneaking up from behind at 10.1 km.  Good luck and enjoy.

edit: 2nd image was showing consumables .... corrected to show upgrades

JB1.jpg

JB2.jpg

Edited by DocWalker

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

because I am using same captain as republiq,  I have full tank build on mine and it does fine.  having lot of fun with it and love the firepower I have on it.    tank build is what flambass runs as well.   if you are good at shooting, go with tank build. 

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

Just run a standard tank BB build. The secondaries on it are only good for fire starting since the majority of them can't even pen DDs without IFHE so it's not worth investing in them even as a meme build.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,322 posts
17,285 battles
12 hours ago, Falls_USMC said:

As tempting as it may be, don't spec for secondaries.

@neptunes_wrath, do you have any other French BB captains?

If you do, and they are generically or survival-based as suggested above, you might be able to spare the luxury of building a secondary commander.

Otherwise, Falls is correct; build for other things first.

I went all in on the secondaries because I do have that tank-build commander for when I need him, but I generally spam the JB in co-op for secondaries and set her up all-in accordingly. 

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
20 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Have a ten point capt to put in it right away, what the best way to set this thing up, IYO,,,

Thanks again for advising the buy.... now help me make it work good, LOL

Everyone can scream at me if they want.  I'll tell you how I've had luck in the Jean Bean:  I play her like a DM that can't really do anything to destroyers with her main guns (unless using HE or shooting at kita/harugumos).  What I mean is that I guard my side up against an island CLOSE to the action, and obliterate things that wander in front of me.  The boat is pretty quick and can reposition very well.  Also, its not the worst thing in the world to be kiting away in reverse.

As others have said, I personally wouldn't spec for secondaries, but know that if a DD is dumb enough to get behind you and in secondary range while spotted, those gigantic secondaries on the back of your boat will hurt them.  Some division of doofuses in a pair of frieslands ran up behind me at full speed and I killed both of them without even realizing anything was going on... I was busy with the cruisers in front of me.  

Edited by Eckarbeiter

[Y0L0W]
Members
586 posts
19,358 battles

Might want to look into Preventative Maintenance as well. Something to stop the turrets from getting knocked onto or outright destroyed.