You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wil5_warrior

How about an option to play Randoms with or without CVs?

90 comments in this topic

[1984]
Members
29 posts
7,688 battles

If CVs are so great for the game, how about they offer 2 Random game choices, one with CVs, and one without? Lol, how many would opt to play the Random with CVs?

• Cool 12
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 11

[WPE-2]
Members
123 posts
1,201 battles

wow brilliant this is the first time im hearing about this can you expound on your idea . Keeping in mind one of those ques are going to be very long

Edited by U_NaCi_GirlK9
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,723 posts
11,099 battles

You can't have a game selection to exclude the type of ships you don't like.  The only way to have that game choice is for WG to exclude CVs from all randoms.  That is never going to happen.  We can only hope that they somehow get properly balanced so they can be enjoyed as part of the ship armada.

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
29 posts
7,688 battles

If nobody wanted to play the CV Random option they could go double or triple CV teams to square off at each other, then fill the rest of team with bots.  The rest of us could enjoy playing without CVs. Very simple really.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 5

[SALVO]
Members
26,149 posts
29,241 battles
Just now, Wil5_warrior said:

If nobody wanted to play the CV Random option they could go double or triple CV teams to square off at each other, then fill the rest of team with bots.  The rest of us could enjoy playing without CVs. Very simple really.

Dude, it will NEVER, EVER happen.  Save yourself the grief and let it go.  WG would never do this, nor should they.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

As much i hate CVs, this would create a precedent to "i dont like X, can i play without this" and this would be really bad for the overall game.

• Cool 3

[WOLFC]
Members
2,354 posts

Its unfair to play against good players with ships that make us change how we play.

We should be given the chance to opt out of playing decent players.

• Funny 6
  • Boring 4

[1984]
Members
29 posts
7,688 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Dude, it will NEVER, EVER happen.  Save yourself the grief and let it go.  WG would never do this, nor should they.

I think we already know the result of this social experiment don't we? The vast majority of players would opt for the random without CVs. So what does that tell you about customer satisfaction?  Do they care?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 5

Members
3,438 posts
6,971 battles
8 minutes ago, Wil5_warrior said:

I think we already know the result of this social experiment don't we? The vast majority of players would opt for the random without CVs. So what does that tell you about customer satisfaction?  Do they care?

I think it would be a good idea to have a opt OUT tick box to exclude the player of CV or Subs or Both.   But as you can see...some here are totally against that kind of idea and say it will NEVER happen...well Did SUB happen later even though WOWs say it will NEVER HAPPEN eh?  Well...here we are so NOTHING is cast in concrete.  Things change as they have to - its the only constant.   So maybe years from now....we can look back and see these threads and wonder...."WHAT were they thinkin' " LOL!  That goes both ways by the way.  We will see...

[WOSDS]
[WOSDS]
Members
126 posts
15,562 battles
16 minutes ago, Wil5_warrior said:

Surely it would be a minority, that is what I keep reading on these forums.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,219 battles
38 minutes ago, Wil5_warrior said:

If CVs are so great for the game, how about they offer 2 Random game choices, one with CVs, and one without? Lol, how many would opt to play the Random with CVs?

Many of us have asked for this. But WG knows that the majority of players don't want them in the game. So they will never admit they have screwed up the game by giving us something sensible like this. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles
42 minutes ago, Wil5_warrior said:

how many would opt to play the Random with CVs?

I would.

• Boring 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
43 minutes ago, Wil5_warrior said:

would love it, but wg knows no one but cvs would be in the cv game mode, which again if cv lovers are so happy flying planes should not bother them.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
17 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

would love it, but wg knows no one but cvs would be in the cv game mode, which again if cv lovers are so happy flying planes should not bother them.

I wonder how much fun they'd have....

All DD game modes are fun.  (Torpedo beats)

All Cruiser games would be fun.

All BB games would be hilariously stupid, but at least everyone would get to shoot their guns at something.

All CV game.  I picture it being pretty dumb.  I mean.. what would they even do?  There aren't any DDs or Musashis around to pick off.  How would they all share the same corner of the map?

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,219 battles
31 minutes ago, Eckarbeiter said:

All BB games would be hilariously stupid, but at least everyone would get to shoot their guns at something.

We actually had these during the Tirpocalypse when that ship was first introduced. They were a blast.

[D33P6]
Members
568 posts

It would never happen.

If it did then I would the same option when playing against DD's while in a BB and the same goes with cruisers with radar while in a DD.

You can't single out a single type of class because you don't like playing against it.

[ROCKR]
Members
359 posts
14,876 battles

The one thing I've always wondered,  is that T4-6 there's a lot of 4 CV matches. It's a miserable experience with a 19 point Captain and a ship all blinged up with flags. Imagine what someone with 300 battles is thinking? Playstation? Xbox? Raking the yard? It's not how much I love this game, that's for sure.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,408 posts
10,613 battles

WG says CVs are part of the game. That is final, no matter how much a CV offends because the player knows how to hit you.

Deal with it.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
2 hours ago, Wil5_warrior said:

Incorrect because you have blinders on. If you allow one class to be opt out then others will demand the same.

- BBs will cry they shouldn't have to battle DDs they can't see.

- Cruisers will cry they shouldn't have to battle BBs that can one shot them.

- DDs will complain about facing all the radar and they shouldn't have to face cruisers.

- Then potato BB players will cry that they shouldn't have to face unicums so on and so forth.

That's why it will never happen.

• Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,624 battles
2 hours ago, Anonymous50 said:

Its unfair to play against good players with ships that make us change how we play are overpowered and ruin the game for the other 22 people playing.

Fixed that for EVERYONE!

2 hours ago, Wil5_warrior said:

Do they care?

No, they're too busy selling premium CVs.

2 hours ago, Targeted said:

Surely it would be a minority, that is what I keep reading on these forums.

Shirley, you jest!

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I would.

Because you play CVs.

1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

We actually had these during the Tirpocalypse when that ship was first introduced. They were a blast.

They were HILARIOUS! But they were still better than matches with CVs.

1 hour ago, HeadSplit120 said:

You can't single out a single type of class because you don't like playing against it.

It's not that they don't like playing against them, it's that there is no hard counter to them, and players rightly think that is wrong.

53 minutes ago, Reymu said:

WG says CVs are part of the game.

WG said open water stealth firing was part of the game. WG said subs would never be part of the game. WG said the CV rework would fix things. WG says lots of things that just ain't true, and as a matter of fact they have quite a long record of it. Quoting what WG says adds no more weight to an argument than quoting a used car salesman, or a Senator.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,477 posts
13,119 battles
3 hours ago, Wil5_warrior said:

Most Enjoyable games I've played in recent memory had no DD's, didn't matter if there was CV's or not. Was funny seeing BB's and cruisers asking "How do I cap?" Looked like much fun was had by all. In one of the matches we had a big throwdown in one of the caps between the battleships and all the cruisers went to another cap to duke it out.

So, instead of "can I have a mode without CV's?" I'd rather see a mode without DD's, more fun for everyone else that way.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles
27 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Because you play CVs.

I play all available ship types.

• Cool 1