Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

What is with all the suiciding players of late.....

61 comments in this topic

Members
1,478 posts
7,133 battles

I mean really. In high tiers I am seeing game after game of players just going in and plain suiciding for no reason. I would think by tiers 7-8 let alone tiers 9-10 players would learn not to do that. It is not like 1 or 2 players are doing it. I am seeing like half the team do it. The enemy teams are doing it also. It is like players have lost their minds or something. It is making high tiers just plain not fun. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
235 posts
12,285 battles

I usually suicide when you have team members that can stop pushing F keys, blinking squares or telling other what to do.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 6

Members
1,918 posts
27,840 battles

Suicides are almost a guaranteed kill, so whether you've done well in total damage or not, you can at least exit the game with a coveted red ribbon. (If you're talking about suiciding by ramming, of course.)

Edited by theLaalaa

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
399 posts
15,171 battles

Maybe bottom tiers fed up with MM. T6-T8  fighting 2 tiers up is demoralizing.

• Cool 2

[BLEP]
Members
566 posts
12,604 battles

Some players in high tier matches just do not care. There really is nothing you can do about it but shake your head and move on. Others and myself in matches have even brought at the start asking the team to please do not suicide and they still do it...... go figure. 

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

Been seeing it a lot too. Mostly from yolos who rush in and die fast then spend the rest of the round screaming at everyone because they didn't support them and we are all cowards etc etc.  

Seems like it's one long weekend these days of Covid.  I wish I had 1000 coal for every  "expert " That starts tossing insults 20 seconds into a battle because every ship is not going the direction they think it should.

Col Out

• Cool 2

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
1 minute ago, Gospel_ said:

Others and myself in matches have even brought at the start asking the team to please do not suicide and they still do it...... go figure.

Here's the problem.  There are people who get off doing the absolute OPPOSITE of what anyone else asks.

They can't help it.

Members
978 posts
4,702 battles
2 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Seems like it's one long weekend these days of Covid.

This. Applies to all tiers.

Edited by CO_Valle
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
7,077 posts
5,542 battles

My guess is influx of new players rushing the tier ladder. Low experience doesn't cope well with high tier lethality.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,952 battles
35 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

I mean really. In high tiers I am seeing game after game of players just going in and plain suiciding for no reason. I would think by tiers 7-8 let alone tiers 9-10 players would learn not to do that. It is not like 1 or 2 players are doing it. I am seeing like half the team do it. The enemy teams are doing it also. It is like players have lost their minds or something. It is making high tiers just plain not fun. 

Let's see … 

Repetition and stagnation with a feeling of being trapped in an unvirtuous cycle 

Inability to control personal outcomes or predict events with any certainty

Watching one's assets decline despite one's best efforts

Lack of hope or a better future … 

Any one of those things could do it - all of the above and fuhgeddaboudit 

Edit: Games should make you feel better or at least provide a temporary escape right?

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
7,077 posts
5,542 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_367 said:

Let's see … 

Repetition and stagnation with a feeling of being trapped in an unvirtuous cycle 

:cap_hmm:...  I hope we are still talking about ships

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts
4 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Let's see … 

Hey i had a series of matches that gave me that feeling yesterday!!!  the anti-depressants saved me...  it sort of turned around before bed...

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,952 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

:cap_hmm:...  I hope we are still talking about ships

Could apply to anything …

These are what I would call red flags or warning signs for individuals and friends 

If Wows is an aggravating or contributing factor, then it needs to be sidelined - temporarily if not permanently

• Cool 2

[BOTO]
Members
1,460 posts
17,708 battles
31 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Never make the assumption that players are learning as they progress up into higher tiers.

[CSG]
[CSG]
Members
59 posts
13,082 battles

i am no longer amazed at the amount of clue-less ppl in this game.

DDs cap/scout/spot, all things which can go horribly wrong very quickly.

idiots at all tiers just cover behind islands & think it's strategy, it's u not getting shot, simple.

using cover is smart...thinking it is all u need to do is stupid.

games been out 4+ yrs...ppl still don't get it...teams that push caps win

DD going 4 cap...that's the job...push up behind & dare some1 to stop the cap...not hide & hope.

granted, timing has alot 2do with all things, but DDs push caps 4 wins, not suicide

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,952 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Hey i had a series of matches that gave me that feeling yesterday!!!  the anti-depressants saved me...  it sort of turned around before bed...

I had an interesting conversation with my kids one day driving them home from school … 

I was asking my 8 year old why he wasn't playing "Cuphead" - a new game that we got them for their Nintendos

He told me it was a "rage game" and decided not to play it anymore

I had never heard this term before, but as he described it I realized two things:

1) Kids are very sophisticated about games and how they spend their time/money

2) My kid is obviously a lot smarter than his dad 

• Cool 6

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,849 posts
4,285 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I’m pretty sure we get dumber as we get older. We learn more, sure. But we’re still behind them in brain power.

Members
576 posts
5,040 battles

It's times like these when I'm glad I'm not a mod. The temptation to merge this thread with 

would be too great to overcome. 

Think of the confusion and hilarity that would ensue. :cap_cool:

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,473 posts
13,117 battles

People not getting the match making they want. (be it tier, CV v/s no CV, too many radar cruisers, too many DD's, take your pick or make something else up, someone has a beef with it)

People not getting the support they want (the team didn't follow me or go where I want so I'll throw a tantrum)

You get it in the high tiers because you have the "I have a tier 10 ship, therefor I know better than everyone else attitude" and they won't lower themselves to play anything else.

It's one of the major reasons I don't like the game past tier 8. The guys with the attitudes stay up at tier 10, leaving the players that can do fine without them the rest of the game to play with.

It's not that I can't play tier 10, or don't have tier 10's, I just don't like the attitudes and the campfests.

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
7,077 posts
5,542 battles
11 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I had an interesting conversation with my kids one day driving them home from school … 

I was asking my 8 year old why he wasn't playing "Cuphead" - a new game that we got them for their Nintendos

He told me it was a "rage game" and decided not to play it anymore

I had never heard this term before, but as he described it I realized two things:

1) Kids are very sophisticated about games and how they spend their time/money

Cuphead (and arcade/plataformers in general) can be very frustrating. WoWS is way easier to cope with.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,952 battles
9 minutes ago, SKurj said:

heh rage game... that is the WG business/monetization model...

Right … 

I was just amazed that my kids knew about this type of game/business model … and that it had a name! 

They knew in a couple of days what took me 2+ years to figure out

Edited by Commander_367

[SALVO]
Members
7,077 posts
5,542 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Right … 

I was just amazed that my kids knew about this type of game and business model … and that it had a name! 

They realized in a few days what took me 2+ years to figure out

Lol I get you have never played CandyCrush. That thing is the most evil game I've tried.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,624 battles
45 minutes ago, Gospel_ said:

Some players in high tier matches just do not care.

This is NOT reserved to high tier matches only, LOL!! (So I fixed it for ya!)

45 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Seems like it's one long weekend these days of Covid.

I would have said Christmas vacation or Spring break, but .... YEAH!!

[PVE]
Members
5,108 posts
22,629 battles
43 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

This. Applies to all tiers.

And modes of play !!!  To matters worse, the event makes people crazy........now, there are just more "crazy people" than usual because they are locked in.....    Even today in COOP, we had a few berserkers that did what they could on the way in and then crashed out the battle with the nearest ship....   Match after match after match......  Get's old when a Scharnhorst comes flying by screaming in chat:  BANZAI you BOT Bas-turds.........BOOM!

Sign in to follow this