You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KillerSpoon575

Team is too scared to fight

31 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
886 battles

No matter what, they stay back and ignore cries for help, too afraid to die in one salvo. WG should add a penalty for not helping the team win the game. If you are not for team gameplay, go play something else where you can go by yourself. I don't want my record to be crap because my team is full of [edited]. WG please solve this stupid issue.

Edits: this is at low tier.

I only play Japanese, American, and German DDs.

Edited by KillerSpoon575
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Members
4,015 posts
14,536 battles

Stop yoloing, if you die within 2 minutes of the game starting you just cant get help. Ships only move so fast.

• Cool 2

[MGL]
Members
475 posts
3,700 battles

This is a self-lie we tell ourselves to make us feel better about about bad results. If only they would push up with you and fight, the outcome would be different. Those players you find that are to scared to fight are that way for a reason. Chances are if they push up with you they will be instantly deleted and then your topic then will be about people dying within 2 minutes of the match.

The issue is matchmaker makes awful matches and at times puts a team of noobs vs a team of good players.

Edited by Slumlord_Dasboot
  • Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,531 posts
10 minutes ago, KillerSpoon575 said:

No matter what, they stay back and ignore cries for help, too afraid to die in one salvo. WG should add a penalty for not helping the team win the game. If you are not for team gameplay, go play something else where you can go by yourself. I don't want my record to be crap because my team is full of [edited]. WG please solve this stupid issue.

This is exactly why we trained until were were sick of it in the Army and in EMS -- when you are well-trained and highly-experienced you don't have to think about what you are going to do in an emergency situation, you just do it. Trepidation is a sign of uncertainty. In the game, the players who hold back are either unsure of their own abilities or unsure of the abilities of their teammates. With a random matchmaker you can't do much about your teammates (unless you play clan battles or division) but you can strive to be a good as you can be at the game. Sometimes all it takes is one player charging into the fray to make the other team pull back and thus win the match.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
12,666 posts
19,915 battles

High tiers its the worst for this situation... The metaphor I would use is cooking... High tiers if it were dish, it would be an unpleasant dish...

Mainly, it would have to much salt, to much heat/peppers and to much kick... Unfit for human consumption..

Until the Chefs fix the dish, its still going to be served... Sometimes served cold...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[MGL]
Members
475 posts
3,700 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

This is exactly why we trained until were were sick of it in the Army and in EMS -- when you are well-trained and highly-experienced you don't have to think about what you are going to do in an emergency situation, you just do it. Trepidation is a sign of uncertainty. In the game, the players who hold back are either unsure of their own abilities or unsure of the abilities of their teammates. With a random matchmaker you can't do much about your teammates (unless you play clan battles or division) but you can strive to be a good as you can be at the game. Sometimes all it takes is one player charging into the fray to win a match.

I feel like players want others to be damage sponges for them. They can aim well, and hit and they feel like if they were not having to tank for their teammates behind islands they could have a better impact on victory. Sometimes tanking and taking away damage from your baddies has just as much impact as doing damage in terms to a win. If you're capable to tanking, dodging damage, and you keep people shooting at you, your teammates will live longer.

I will at times do this as a DD when one of my BB puts himself in a bad situation where hes getting melted. You know if you start shooting the entire enemy team will switch targets and try and kill you, giving your BB a chance to maybe turn or lessen the damage.

Edited by Slumlord_Dasboot

Beta Testers
3,291 posts
26,945 battles

We need Ocean map much more frequent , so the cowards have no choice but to swim or drown       heheheheheehe 

• Cool 4

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,531 posts
Just now, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

I feel like players want others to be damage sponges for them. They can aim well, and hit and they feel like if they were not having to tank for their teammates behind islands they could have a better impact on victory. Sometimes tanking and taking away damage from your baddies has just as much impact on doing damage in terms to a win. If you're capable to tanking, dodging damage, and you keep people shooting at you, your teammates will live longer.

I think that the reason I'm so much better in the Massachusetts than my other ships is that the ship's characteristics force you to get in closer and tank damage. Sometimes this results in your demise when the team runs and hides behind rocks. However, oftentimes one player getting into the fray and tanking damage will get his teammates to advance, especially if they are not getting shot at. 

Members
388 posts
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Sometimes served cold...

"Have you ever heard the Klingon proverb, revenge is a dish best served cold?"

[WORX]
Members
12,666 posts
19,915 battles
2 minutes ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

"Have you ever heard the Klingon proverb, revenge is a dish best served cold?"

Then a Klingon might like high tier battles...

I know Stalin enjoyed it, all his "camps" for boys were in Siberia.:cap_horn:

Members
2,161 posts
6,446 battles

This is a open free to play game for all people and skill levels, we do not discriminate against anyone for how they play. Do your best then move on to your next game...........

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
751 posts
10,296 battles
40 minutes ago, KillerSpoon575 said:

A thread about players not playing as the OP wishes they would.  Ah well.  I suppose this is why players only get to control one ship in a battle (outside of clan-ish play).       

I for one don't care about helping to better your record or anyone else's.  I am here to have fun playing, shooting at other ships while trying not to get blown out of the water too quickly.   I hope my teammates are at least equal or better but if not, at least have as much fun as I do!

• Cool 2

[SGSS]
Members
5,809 posts
37 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

This is exactly why we trained until were were sick of it in the Army and in EMS -- when you are well-trained and highly-experienced you don't have to think about what you are going to do in an emergency situation, you just do it. Trepidation is a sign of uncertainty. In the game, the players who hold back are either unsure of their own abilities or unsure of the abilities of their teammates. With a random matchmaker you can't do much about your teammates (unless you play clan battles or division) but you can strive to be a good as you can be at the game. Sometimes all it takes is one player charging into the fray to make the other team pull back and thus win the match.

F Troop were the fagowies!  Agarnnnnn.

[TOG]
Members
4,237 posts
26,174 battles
51 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

We need Ocean map much more frequent , so the cowards have no choice but to swim or drown       heheheheheehe 

You'd find running them toward the border.

[SALVO]
Members
26,149 posts
29,223 battles
1 hour ago, KillerSpoon575 said:

You have to remember that at low tiers (tier 4 and below), DDs are pretty quick (not all that much slower than their higher tier counterparts), but many cruisers and definitely the BBs are rather slow.  You have to be patient with them because even if they're willing to come up and support you, it's going to take them some time to get there.

Also consider that new players often have no idea how to play well on any level beyond aiming their guns.  They often don't understand positioning and the value of supporting team mates and so on.  But this is also not an issue limited to low tiers.  It occurs even at the highest tiers too.  

Members
576 posts
5,040 battles

I'm glad I'm not a mod, otherwise the temptation to merge this thread with...

...would be too great to overcome. :fish_cute_2:

In all seriousness, though...it's all about finding the right balance between aggressiveness and passivity. Shoot for the middle (and I'm not taking about the Twin Brothers map or whatever its called).

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
319 posts
6,865 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

You have to remember that at low tiers (tier 4 and below), DDs are pretty quick (not all that much slower than their higher tier counterparts), but many cruisers and definitely the BBs are rather slow.  You have to be patient with them because even if they're willing to come up and support you, it's going to take them some time to get there.

Also consider that new players often have no idea how to play well on any level beyond aiming their guns.  They often don't understand positioning and the value of supporting team mates and so on.  But this is also not an issue limited to low tiers.  It occurs even at the highest tiers too.  

Crucis beat me to it...…..   Even up to tier 6 you don't see BB's going over 25 knots much (Japanese only I think?) and most cruisers only make it over 30... and they are floating citadels so asking them to follow you into a cap or push early on is just asking them to suicide...…. then the team complains about the suiciding cruisers.   

Take your time, let the game develop, then pick your push.  I get it, if the other team caps it's hard to come back and win, but if you play the DD's you're talking about, German and Japs have a spotting range advantage to spam the caps with torps.  American, sit back with the rest of your team and spam HE.   Once a flank or cap clear up, then you can push.  

Low tiers are hard to get a team to push due to slow BB's, squishy cruisers, and 2/3+CV matches making it rough on DDs.  Add that in with some inexperienced players too...…...

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,098 posts
5,556 battles
1 hour ago, KillerSpoon575 said:

Some advices:

If you are playing IJN DDs "Do not Banzai!"

If you are playing US DDs "Don't impersonate Custer"

If you are playing KMS DDs "This is not Verdun"

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
610 posts
3,908 battles
2 hours ago, Tachnechdorus said:

Oh man. What the cowards and/or farmers would do on that map is hide in a corner and try to push past each other so they wouldn't take damage. The amount of self-centered rodents playing this game is unreal. High tier rollovers aren't so much an amazing red team as a collapse into buddy F'ing 'every man for himself'.

Members
4,147 posts
44,248 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

High tiers its the worst for this situation... The metaphor I would use is cooking... High tiers if it were dish, it would be an unpleasant dish...

Mainly, it would have to much salt, to much heat/peppers and to much kick... Unfit for human consumption..

Until the Chefs fix the dish, its still going to be served... Sometimes served cold...

Sometimes, the dish is so cold your fingers stick to the edges. Then red licks the plate clean. Starts to get ill, ends up heaving salt, DD tears, cruiser sweat, smol bits, and BB chunks.

And yet no amount of treatment can fix it.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,499 posts
22,934 battles
2 hours ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

This is a self-lie we tell ourselves to make us feel better about about bad results. If only they would push up with you and fight, the outcome would be different. Those players you find that are to scared to fight are that way for a reason. Chances are if they push up with you they will be instantly deleted and then your topic then will be about people dying within 2 minutes of the match.

The issue is matchmaker makes awful matches and at times puts a team of noobs vs a team of good players.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Higher tiers see bbs hiding behind island while enemy caps, too afraid until it's too late. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,499 posts
22,934 battles
2 hours ago, KillerSpoon575 said:

BTW, im a destroyer captain. I dont play cl, ca, bb, or cv.

Destroyer tips:

When cv in play. Don't rush caps. See where planes are going. Keep friendly ships within your detection range for AA support.

Remember your fast. You can often get out and spot ships that your team can't even shoot yet.

Don't go deep early, wait for your slower teammates to catch up.

Your primary role is spotting and screening for torps.

Mid game your trying to secure any open caps and slow enemy pushes with your torps.

Late game:

Hunt enemy dds if your a gunboat.

Spot enemy dds if a sneaky torp boat.

Cap.

Kill enemy battleships. 

YOUR GOAL IS TO BE ALIVE AT END OF MATCH and WINNING.

A good destroyer can do no damage, cap 2 caps and get 1 mil spotting damage. Unfortunately,  WG doesn't reward for that team play.