Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_9qa81sg1ET3c

Admiral Makarov

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,051
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,243 posts
22,887 battles

It was in Christmas crates but I didn't get one of them, then. It is also on the list of T6 Premium you can win each season when playing for the Public Test season awards. That ship is hard to find and is the only T6 premium I don't have...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
288
[TAZ]
Members
880 posts
7 minutes ago, Khafni said:

It was in Christmas crates but I didn't get one of them, then. It is also on the list of T6 Premium you can win each season when playing for the Public Test season awards. That ship is hard to find and is the only T6 premium I don't have...

Same here, I got 2 ships for each Autumn and Winter seasons; both were duplicates of vessels I already had.  This ship is a phantom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[_BDA_]
Members
145 posts
3,681 battles

This ship hasn't been available for a while and it is quite baffling as to why it hasn't been on sale since(it wasn't even on the list for the Christmas crates). It is essentially a c-hull Nurnburg under the Russian flag and isn't overperforming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,106
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,624 battles
24 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Where is this unicorn so I can add to my collection?

Buy a Nurnburg, then nerf the AA and toss the hydro away! POOF! Admiral Makarov!

8 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

This ship is a phantom lump!

Fixed that for ya.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,498
[SALVO]
Members
26,149 posts
29,223 battles

Yeah, I also don't understand why the Makarov isn't available.  Seriously, the ship is long since completed and was released.  I don't see why it's not in the armory or the tech tree.  Heck, it wasn't even in the Santa crates the past 2-3 years.  I don't get it.

 

Can you shed any light on this, @Hapa_Fodder ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,291 posts
26,945 battles

Since I already have it . WG don't sell that ship and only given as a X-mas box's gift .    thanks...……….

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,242
[KWF]
Members
5,832 posts
7,025 battles

At some point she was also offered as part of a "Victory" package to celebrate VE day. If memory serves it was Makarov, Prinz Eugen and Arizona that were offered in various bundles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[5IN]
Members
145 posts
27,419 battles

I got one a couple years ago around Christmas, If I remember right it was in the tech tree, on sale for doubloons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,108
[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,295 posts
8,554 battles
2 hours ago, cheekywarship2018 said:

This ship hasn't been available for a while and it is quite baffling as to why it hasn't been on sale since(it wasn't even on the list for the Christmas crates).

2 hours ago, Crucis said:

Yeah, I also don't understand why the Makarov isn't available. 

Artificial scarcity.  It's a copy paste premiums that probably sold really poorly on launch (at least I distinctly remember the attitude on the forums towards it being very underwhelmed when it first came out).  But by removing it from sale for so long it starts to gain value as a "rare" ship, and if it ever comes back will potently generate far more demand than is otherwise warranted for a clone premium.

Sometimes when I take the Makarov out I'll have people ask me if it's a "test ship"....and heck....it's even listed as a test ship on WoWS fitting tool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,666
[RLGN]
Members
15,689 posts
27,443 battles
24 minutes ago, yashma said:

Artificial scarcity.  It's a copy paste premiums that probably sold really poorly on launch (at least I distinctly remember the attitude on the forums towards it being very underwhelmed when it first came out).  But by removing it from sale for so long it starts to gain value as a "rare" ship, and if it ever comes back will potently generate far more demand than is otherwise warranted for a clone premium.

I think this.

My recollection is that is was only for sale very briefly.

If I bought it, I did so because I liked Konigsburg and Nurnburg.

Otherwise, I got it the Christmas following when it was on sale.

Call it ‘Makarovburg,’ one of Brave Sir Robin’s favorite ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
994
[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 hour ago, yashma said:

Artificial scarcity.  It's a copy paste premiums that probably sold really poorly on launch (at least I distinctly remember the attitude on the forums towards it being very underwhelmed when it first came out).  But by removing it from sale for so long it starts to gain value as a "rare" ship, and if it ever comes back will potently generate far more demand than is otherwise warranted for a clone premium.

Sometimes when I take the Makarov out I'll have people ask me if it's a "test ship"....and heck....it's even listed as a test ship on WoWS fitting tool. 

I believe that some time ago Makarov was once in the tech-tree for doubloons. Is this correct? I would think that means it shouldn't be rare at all (or at most, a "long timer's ship").

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,108
[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,295 posts
8,554 battles
47 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

I believe that some time ago Makarov was once in the tech-tree for doubloons. Is this correct? I would think that means it shouldn't be rare at all (or at most, a "long timer's ship").

Yah....I remember buying it 50% off for doubloons.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
626
[O_O]
Members
674 posts

WG is pretty trolly with the her, I remember she was the reward for the Epic Twitch Drops but nothing since then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
165
[NG-NL]
Members
396 posts
10,514 battles
16 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

I believe that some time ago Makarov was once in the tech-tree for doubloons. Is this correct? I would think that means it shouldn't be rare at all (or at most, a "long timer's ship").

That is correct. It's rare because not many people bought the ship. Nürnberg is one of my favorite ships, and even I looked at Makarov and asked "why?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×