You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

What is your EU DD haul? Are you happy with it? Any feedback?

84 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

WG has been tweaking with EA release formats from when UK BBs were released in August 2017. For that particular event, the very first EA event, you could get the T3, T4, and T5 guaranteed (and no higher - even if you payed). This system has changed repeatedly and we have seen this reflected in our recent events, which were all in slightly different formats.

With this one, it's the second time you could get the T5 guaranteed (this is why I mentioned the UK BBs).

What was your EU DD haul? Are you happy with the event set-up? Is there anything you would change?

Fair winds and following seas, captains! :cap_cool:

Edited by henrychenhenry
  • Boring 1

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
616 posts
12,519 battles

Spent dubloons and have the T9, all camos and enough XP to get the Hallend Wednesday.

I'm enjoying these boats and will be playing them regularly.

Edit: I did not like the random approach for obtaining the currency. The planner in me hopes to never see it again.

Edited by contag10n
  • Cool 2

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,108 posts
11,784 battles

I got 2 ships, captains, free modules and prolly the camo for Vasteras. I like this format best I’d say so far but have no real complaints with any of them other than I don’t like the daily missions requirements that many have had to earn the token of the month. It drives too much coop spam, is less fun generally for me, and when clan battles overlaps the events with daily requirements it’s very difficult for me to have time to participate in both cb and then grind the dailies. I still don’t get why every other game mode counts towards daily missions except CB. I guess if CB missions counted towards dailies than it wouldn’t be a problem imo.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

I've grown tired of the rush, rush on a new line ... and started playing without worrying about what I get.  That said, I did prefer the events where you could work toward a premium camo (like British DDs) and also toward a mid tier premium ship (like Aigle, Cossack).  I can work on going up the line after it's released.  If I'm lucky enough to get a head start, that's good ... but I already have more than enough existing lines that hold more interest.  Just my opinion.

I did get enough tokens for the T5-6-7 which was surprising ... been a couple of others, like French DDs, where I received none ... and I still haven't started that line!

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,338 posts
17,511 battles

I ended up with three of them and two of the camo. I should be able to grind out the third camo before the patch. The event was fine and pretty casual. Well done WG. Next patch I will focus on the commander.

The player base in general should be pretty spread out so we should not have a crazy amount of the new ships in each battle after the patch. 

[NOVEL]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,951 battles

The RN BB release was the best event in my opinion. 

You got a not to hard mission chain, it was more or less doable for everyone.

This event was somewhere in the middle. 

Yes, you could earn tokens and if you went through all the directives, you could at least get the T5.

I got also 10 extra container from the twitch streams and I got to T7.

Since I also got the Smaland, it was enough to unlock the T10 camo. 

Still, if you couldn't get the Smaland, your only way to unlock the camo would have been a heavy invest of money (or you got 140 tokens from every box).

I can understand if there are many frustrated players that either couldn't invest the time or were unlucky with their tokens.

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

not a dd player yet... 500 tokens... not sure what to spend on... maybe Visby... i dunno..

0 posts

Have unlocked t5 through to t9. They are enjoyable, but challenging too. They are the second of the 2 most interesting tech trees of the past 2 years (in terms of game design), along with the French dds of last year.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

I was able to get Frisby and Vasectomus. Missed the Skannke by 10 pts. VERY underwleming ships IMO I do have the Friesland which is a very fun ship.

Negatives:
The event unless you wallet whaled to me was just not fun, it lacked many things old events had and promoted some serious bad plays with directives. Perhaps it was so many people on at all times, maybe it was the stupid April fools crap at the same time, but it just was not as fun. CERTAINLY NOT ENGAGING OR REWARDING as many post have previously states 6 containers for 60 EU-toks.

Positives:
Did give me time back at low tiers playing a couple new ships.
Reminded me of a few maps I loved playing (wish wargaming would just enlarge them for high tier play)
Gave me more time in training room testing them and learning what they can do
Got some free Premium time off the EU-TOKS

Suggestions:
Had these ships been equipped with a little faster guns and range they would have been much better just a 1sec reload speed more and maybe 2k gun range.
Had these ships torps had a higher alpha damage they would have been a real fun ship and even worth grinding for.
Increase both these and you have a fun dd. Lack of smoke has to have compensation in weapons platforms, or a respectable heal. Buff them just a little and these ships would be more enjoyable.

• Funny 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,450 posts

2 Ships and not even my OCD kicked in enough to make me want to spend credits on the upgrade modules, let alone the camo grind.

Same with the British Heavy Cruisers. Same with the Italian Cruisers (as if the Venezia was enough of a pull to make me grind the other ships in the line lol).

The format used just isn't appealing to me either. Last thing I enjoyed was the PEF event Christmas 18. Oh, I liked the London event, as it is a reasonable ship (why oh why did you not put a smoke on her sister ship Cheshire WG lol).

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
1,144 posts
9,607 battles

I ended up getting the T6 and even bothered to grind out the free perma camo.  All for free. I am even halfway to the T7.  I have not bothered to finish the camo mission for the T5 because I will probably never play it anyway.

This event felt about right to me. It took about the right amount of work for a 2 free perma camos IMO.

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

Made it to the T8 but the additional grind for the Camos  I quit after the T5     Even in Randoms it just isn't worth the time to me.  Seeing people rush these botes with no fear of the marshmallow torps she has just makes me run back to my other DDs to get some respect!

[PVE]
Members
10,914 posts
18,891 battles

I managed to get two from the in game containers the Twitch containers are a sore spot, because the missions to get them were racist in nature (meaning Random players only). I also didn't like the random payouts for the points. I kind of think of myself as unlucky when it comes to games of chance and the draws that I got from the containers, ratified that feeling.

The last thing is that I needed 70 tokens to get the next ship and if I spent 1000 doubloons I would only get 60 tokens, so I didn't do that. Pretty much I found the new method of early access disheartening.

Members
2,360 posts
33,367 battles

Got the Visby early on and have 1070 tokens left.  I'd get 2 other ships just to get the port slot included, but I have 26 ports slots already unused  I don't play much DD, and the Visby is fun, but I think I'll just casually work my way through the line when the tech tree becomes available.  Probably spend the tokens on signal flags, but I may go crazy and get the 2 other ships I can...

[HELLS]
Members
2,797 posts
30,470 battles

Got T5 and T6, not a line I intend to grind, any more that the Marine Nationale DDs. Gonna spend the 150 tokens left over on something useful.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

As a player, i would like that event like this to be less random. The RN CAs i got only the T5 Hawkins, while some friends got all 4 cruisers, this is frustrating. The swedish DDs i got T5/6/7, but had friends that got only the T5 and other that got up to T9. IMO is frustrating to see how random things are. maybe somethign less random, like do "X" mission and you are guaranteed to get "Y"ship.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,072 posts
27,563 battles

Got T5 and T6 and probably will ignore them until snowflake time.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,618 battles
38 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

What was your EU DD haul?

I traded ALL my Euro Tokens for camos; why would I spend anything on ships I can grind for free in the near future? Ended up with a LOT of camos!

• Cool 2

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
26 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Twitch containers are a sore spot, because the missions to get them were racist in nature (meaning Random players only).

Please do not use Vile words that exist IRL to describe a silly GAME. Not only because Random players are NOT a RACE but it dilutes the true meaning of the word.  We have normalized far too much already.

Thank you.

• Boring 2

[WOLFC]
Members
525 posts
8,737 battles

Got the T5 after the first directive, but it took the remaining 3 directives to get enough tokens for the T6. Got the T5 permacamo, but there's just not enough time to get the T6 without grinding the snot out of it, so I didn't. And since you couldn't get the next higher ship without the previous tier, there wasn't really any point to saving up tokens.

The token haul was pretty underwhelming, the more crates I got, the lower the total token count.

Didn't bother with the dubloon roulette.

Honestly, I preferred the Italian cruiser event, where I could buy the permacamo with tokens, even if I didn't have the ship yet. Having to base xp grind for camo in a ship was, well, needlessly grindy.

The event wasn't/isn't rant worthy. I'd rate it as "meh".

Edited by Nolo_00

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,221 posts
22,802 battles

I got the T5, T6, and T7 plus their permacammo. Not sure I'll ever play them again or even attempt the line but it was something to do. With my remaining 40 tokens I picked up 10 November Foxtrot signals.

Spoiler

This is how all those containers paid out for me...

image.thumb.png.c1348c4554a7da413021839ac3d05d14.png

Edited by Khafni

[PVE]
Members
10,914 posts
18,891 battles
8 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Please do not use Vile words that exist IRL to describe a silly GAME. Not only because Random players are NOT a RACE but it dilutes the true meaning of the word.  We have normalized far too much already.

Thank you.

How about segregates or discriminates, real life words are what I use and the comparison is fair. The title of the thread is what prompted my opinion.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1