You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Oldschool_Gaming_YT

Welcome to T10! Battle duration 5 minutes!!

29 comments in this topic

Members
755 posts
72 battles

The steamrolls are starting to get really boring. Every other game end with a 10 - 0 Victory, or even 12 - 0. Something need to be done. Either tweak the MM for better matched teams or ban players under a certain WR or whatever from T10 matches.

Are you enjoying T10 these days? Im the hell not!!

shot-20_04.06_18_33.25-0911.thumb.jpg.a9e515dddf60b60e8cacc6b4f8c3b532.jpg

shot-20_04.06_18_33.31-0019.thumb.jpg.bda1eb019a4ab89932bb8eb615aec2ac.jpg

shot-20_04.06_18_33.39-0417.thumb.jpg.cee0d61aa9d8044b0228124e11ecb519.jpg

shot-20_04.06_18_33.45-0052.thumb.jpg.995c4fa4219daa10100fa58e17f36685.jpg

shot-20_04_04_16_19.14-0324.thumb.jpg.59769ab389a2e332e6895ee4dd53929b.jpg

shot-20_04_04_16_19_19-0302.thumb.jpg.1265acabc07172131ca740d58eff5b4d.jpg

shot-20_04_04_16_18.50-0761.thumb.jpg.89aa6cc6c525d623af832ccba85fa69c.jpg

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,290 posts
26,945 battles

That's because everyone is home due to the virus ……………...

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,112 posts
11,822 battles

The lemming train seems to be pulling out of the station a lot more these days also. Wish people had the confidence or courage or both to try and defend their flank. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,920 posts

Has the queue time always been this short?  I have noticed at tier 6-7 the queue is often non-existant you go straight to the match...  

Maybe the rules should be tightened up.. not sure if it would help these issues or not, but I can't see any way WG could change MM to prevent it, SBMM certainly wouldn't make a difference...

[Y0L0W]
Members
590 posts
19,421 battles

I’ve had a few of these lately. More in the last two weeks than I’ve had in the previous 4 years.

Members
755 posts
72 battles
10 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

Hey, atleast this game went for full 8 minutes ......

And Corona, weekend or Easter bunny has nothing to do with this, this is not a new phenomenon, this is just T10 Randoms.

shot-20_04.06_19_01.12-0796.thumb.jpg.d6b26cf4f42b32bc38c6556c18c09987.jpg

shot-20_04.06_19_01.16-0228.thumb.jpg.228f788904d0ca2c7ca6055df95c46b1.jpg

shot-20_04.06_19_01.20-0575.thumb.jpg.3e4eac312686d3cb4002fcafb08ac1bc.jpg

shot-20_04.06_19_01.24-0478.thumb.jpg.90d597eee3729efb068ad6b2e5b0730b.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bortt said:

I’ve had a few of these lately. More in the last two weeks than I’ve had in the previous 4 years.

I would say that about atleast 70% of my T10 games these days are pure steamrolls in one way or another and these 5 min games is starting to trend as well. Seriously?! When Random players loose faster then BOTS in Co-Op........?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,920 posts

population way up since the release of CV (the virus..) i woudn't be surprised if you are seeing a spike...  the rest of wg's titles sure are....

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,624 battles

Until the Corona Virus is under control, the game playing population is going to be very much like it is during Christmas break. Git Gud, or at least Better!

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,556 battles

Remember back when the higher the tier the better the players? Well, it's almost the reverse now. I find T10 battles no different that T3 battles. 

I already know the outcome within the first 30 seconds. If my team all lemming to one cap the odds of winning is 5%. Same thing goes if the enemy holds all three caps within the first 4-5 min of battle.

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 2

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
34 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

Yep exactly so weekend / holiday teams status are now in effect. Although call me crazy but I think the teams are actually learning to play a little better by being forced to have plenty of practice time.

Not to mention while some of the adults are still getting drunk I think there is less of that going on as well since alcohol weakens your immune system and can make you more vulnerable to a virus. So between what seems like more sober players and more time on their hands things do seem to be improving.

[MGL]
Members
475 posts
3,663 battles

Its not just T10 matches, its matchmaking in general. The player base skill level has went down the tube. I use to feel like I could influence a match, now-a-days; I feel like I have no influence at all. You are either on the team that ROFL stomps the baddies or your on the team with the baddies that find a way to die within 2 minutes.

We have always had the baddies run straight towards the cap, get spotted, turn and give the enemy full broadside so they can go back to port within 2 minutes, but now its like 4-6 ships doing this kind of thing within the first 5 minutes.

• Cool 1

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
6 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Remember back when the higher the tier the better the players? Well, it's almost the reverse now. I find T10 battles no different that T3 battles. 

I already know the outcome within the first 30 seconds. If my team all lemming to one cap the odds of winning is 5%. Same thing goes if the enemy holds all three caps withing the 4-5 min mark.

It’s not different than WOT Blitz, if you are a skilled player that wants skilled teams you get up to tier X, then return to mid tiers when teams are bad since tiers 5-8 tend to be where the better players are since they typically have to have at least some game experience to get there unlike low tier or credit card weilding X players that think they are elite if they jumped right up to tier X. Plus you can add in the fact mid tier has more of of the famous historical vehicles many of us veteran players enjoy.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,841 posts
4,285 battles

WG wants to push the game to more of a brawling playstyle. This is the result.

Also Coronavirus potatoes aren't helping.

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
17,096 battles

Stomps have increasingly been a thing for the last six months. It's gotten even worse now at T10.

And, as stated above, it is increasingly difficult to have any influence on a game these days due to the bad teams, lemming trains and very prevalent stomps. It's all very real.

Do people really want to play against two CVs at lower tiers? Hell no. This contributes to people playing at T10 with less experience.

Of course, you'll have people come in here and say it's always been this way. Not quite.

Randoms are becoming increasingly intolerable.

Good thing we have damn near constant and overlapping competitive at this point.

[SALVO]
Members
26,134 posts
29,152 battles
2 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

The steamrolls are starting to get really boring. Every other game end with a 10 - 0 Victory, or even 12 - 0. Something need to be done. Either tweak the MM for better matched teams or ban players under a certain WR or whatever from T10 matches.

They are NOT going to ban players from playing tier 10's.  Frankly, this can occur at any tier.  What makes you do special that you think that tier 10 battles should be protected from this crap and other tiers shouldn't?

Unfortunately, some people just won't get close enough to caps to support their DDs.  And occasionally, you get DD players who refuse to contend for caps.  I don't mean that they're refusing to charge right into the caps.  What I really mean is try to spot enemy cappers for their team, maybe engage them with guns to defend the cap, and so on.  Sometimes, you get DD players who only care about trying to get into flanking positions to launch torpedoes and to heck with the caps.  And if you get unlucky enough to end up with all of your DDs being like this, or getting themselves killed early by being suicidally aggressive about getting onto caps (and dying), your team can end up in a really bad situation, because let's face it.  How many non-DD players want to push into caps when they know that the enemy has DDs in the vicinity?  Very few.

This isn't really about the quality of everyone on the team.  It's more about the DD players and their level of play.  But I don't see WG trying to do SBMM just for each team's DDs (let alone the rest of the teams' players).

[SALVO]
Members
26,134 posts
29,152 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

WG wants to push the game to more of a brawling playstyle. This is the result.

Also Coronavirus potatoes aren't helping.

AJTP, from my experience, weekday play in the afternoons has always been bad.  Too many kids out of school who don't give a crap about winning and just want to screw around.  My experience has been that the quality of night time play has always been better than in the afternoon.

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
2 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

shot-20_04.06_18_33.25-0911.thumb.jpg.a9e515dddf60b60e8cacc6b4f8c3b532.jpg

shot-20_04.06_18_33.31-0019.thumb.jpg.bda1eb019a4ab89932bb8eb615aec2ac.jpg

shot-20_04.06_18_33.39-0417.thumb.jpg.cee0d61aa9d8044b0228124e11ecb519.jpg

shot-20_04.06_18_33.45-0052.thumb.jpg.995c4fa4219daa10100fa58e17f36685.jpg

shot-20_04_04_16_19.14-0324.thumb.jpg.59769ab389a2e332e6895ee4dd53929b.jpg

shot-20_04_04_16_19_19-0302.thumb.jpg.1265acabc07172131ca740d58eff5b4d.jpg

shot-20_04_04_16_18.50-0761.thumb.jpg.89aa6cc6c525d623af832ccba85fa69c.jpg

That was pretty much the ENTIRE WEEKEND.

However, when I played at lunch today, the games were surprisingly balanced.... Maybe that will be my new play time.

[DAS]
Members
1,015 posts
9,727 battles

I am not enjoying any tiers anymore, but that has more to do with my [edited] internet connection.

The game lags and freezes all the bloody time. And to make things worse, it isn't possible for me to get better internet :Smile_facepalm:

[PVE]
Members
5,097 posts
22,580 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

They are NOT going to ban players from playing tier 10's.  Frankly, this can occur at any tier.  What makes you do special that you think that tier 10 battles should be protected from this crap and other tiers shouldn't?

Unfortunately, some people just won't get close enough to caps to support their DDs.  And occasionally, you get DD players who refuse to contend for caps.  I don't mean that they're refusing to charge right into the caps.  What I really mean is try to spot enemy cappers for their team, maybe engage them with guns to defend the cap, and so on.  Sometimes, you get DD players who only care about trying to get into flanking positions to launch torpedoes and to heck with the caps.  And if you get unlucky enough to end up with all of your DDs being like this, or getting themselves killed early by being suicidally aggressive about getting onto caps (and dying), your team can end up in a really bad situation, because let's face it.  How many non-DD players want to push into caps when they know that the enemy has DDs in the vicinity?  Very few.

This isn't really about the quality of everyone on the team.  It's more about the DD players and their level of play.  But I don't see WG trying to do SBMM just for each team's DDs (let alone the rest of the teams' players).

I agree and that is why I avoid Randoms.........!  No fun as a DD player.... 

And, what you stated is a 'cause and effect failure'....  DD's can't function without stealth and that is gone, so, there is nothing to aim at.  Cruisers aren't going anywhere near the cap and they retreat to max effective gun range and crowd the BB's who won't shoot at Max effective range because of RNG/dispersion...........  Then, the DD's die and there is no middle game and you get a cascading failure.....usually a stomp.  So, what's the answer:  return Stealth to DD's and we go back to a balanced system.....  Simple as:  one radar = one ship; and, planes spot but it's not instantaneous because it took a while for planes to report their general locations......notice, not exact locations......because pilots didn't have GPS.......only the Mark 1 eyeball and a map where they guestamated where; and then, had to radio that guestamation to the CV and the CV notified the rest of the fleet....

But, to the OP's point, try coming to COOP when there are 4 DD's !  Those games end in less that 5 minutes all of the time.......  In fact, some BB's only get one salvo off and the game ends.  Talk about frustrating the crap out of BB drivers....

It gets so bad that sometimes, we ask each other to not immediately rush, at warp 10, to the Caps and kill everything....    When we do cooperate, that makes it a lot better for the heavy hitters to have some fun.... 

[SALVO]
Members
26,134 posts
29,152 battles
2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I agree and that is why I avoid Randoms.........!  No fun as a DD player.... 

And, what you stated is a 'cause and effect failure'....  DD's can't function without stealth and that is gone, so, there is nothing to aim at.  Cruisers aren't going anywhere near the cap and they retreat to max effective gun range and crowd the BB's who won't shoot at Max effective range because of RNG/dispersion...........  Then, the DD's die and there is no middle game and you get a cascading failure.....usually a stomp.  So, what's the answer:  return Stealth to DD's and we go back to a balanced system.....  Simple as:  one radar = one ship; and, planes spot but it's not instantaneous because it took a while for planes to report their general locations......notice, not exact locations......because pilots didn't have GPS.......only the Mark 1 eyeball and a map where they guestamated where; and then, had to radio that guestamation to the CV and the CV notified the rest of the fleet....

But, to the OP's point, try coming to COOP when there are 4 DD's !  Those games end in less that 5 minutes all of the time.......  In fact, some BB's only get one salvo off and the game ends.  Talk about frustrating the crap out of BB drivers....

It gets so bad that sometimes, we ask each other to not immediately rush, at warp 10, to the Caps and kill everything....    When we do cooperate, that makes it a lot better for the heavy hitters to have some fun.... 

1. Regarding radar, all that they'd have to do is to remove what  radar sees from the UI.  Only put it on the minimaps, except for the ship that  is using the radar consumable.  He should gain the full benefit of radar.  (The same should be true for hydro as well.)

2. Some cruiser players will get closer to caps.  It's a question of talent and confidence in your ability to avoid taking hits and damage.  And perhaps what specific cruiser you're in.  An Atlanta or Flint has little choice but to get close, plus they can lob shells from behind islands.  Ditto for the Helena and Boise, and Worcester.  And some others.  OTOH, other cruisers have high velocity, low shell trajectory guns that are better suited to kiting.  And there's a ship like the Moskva which can do some pretty hardcore tanking, though I wouldn't want to do it unsupported.

3. As for CVs, I would only change CV spotting if all ship types had to change along with them.  I believe that air spotting distances should be greater than surface spotting distances, not the reverse.  The way it is in the game is grossly unrealistic.  Planes can spot ships from a LOT greater distance than ships can spot other ships, for the simple reason of curvature of the planet, and the fact that ship wakes are a LOT easier to spot than the ships themselves, because wakes are HUGE.  However, what I'd also suggest is that plane spotting should be minimap only.  Then again, I happen to think that all spotting should be minimap only and that to  see something on your ship's UI should require your ship to actually SEE the enemy ship with either a Mk 1 eyeball, or radar or hydro mounted by your ship.  Of course, this would completely change the game across the board, but I think that it would be a lot closer to realistic (which to me isn't a dirty word) than the current spotting model.

4. BBs in coop:  This is really more of a problem for slower, mid tier BBs.  Faster, high tier BBs can and probably should charge right into the enemy and brawl.  The only exception I'd make to that is that if there are a lot of DDs and torp firing cruisers, I might let any friendlies that are moving with me take the lead to try to draw the fire of enemy torps, because let's face it, tier 10 BBs aren't all that maneuverable and at brawling ranges will tend to eat torps.  Better to get the enemy to waste their torps on more maneuverable friendlies and perhaps friendly bots.  For what it's worth, when I play tier 10 BBs in coop, I'm usually doing over 100k damage, and sometimes a lot more, because I prefer to charge right into the fray.  Put another way, my coop BB battle cry is "LEEEEEEROYYYY JENKINZZZZ!!!!!"  :cap_rambo:  :Smile_izmena:

[ARS]
Members
151 posts
2,824 battles

I played around 45 games over the weekend in T8-10 and actually didnt have a single steam roll. I was expecting a ton like last weekend, but not one.

[REDZ]
Members
89 posts
31,602 battles

I have been on the losing team way too many times. I wonder if some of the people are like me trying to grind out the UU's for T10's they hate. I have started and stopped the Worcester, Minotaur and  Z-52 several times. I just can't seem to figure these 3 out.  

[PVE]
Members
5,097 posts
22,580 battles
23 minutes ago, Crucis said:

1. Regarding radar, all that they'd have to do is to remove what  radar sees from the UI.  Only put it on the minimaps, except for the ship that  is using the radar consumable.  He should gain the full benefit of radar.  (The same should be true for hydro as well.)

2. Some cruiser players will get closer to caps.  It's a question of talent and confidence in your ability to avoid taking hits and damage.  And perhaps what specific cruiser you're in.  An Atlanta or Flint has little choice but to get close, plus they can lob shells from behind islands.  Ditto for the Helena and Boise, and Worcester.  And some others.  OTOH, other cruisers have high velocity, low shell trajectory guns that are better suited to kiting.  And there's a ship like the Moskva which can do some pretty hardcore tanking, though I wouldn't want to do it unsupported.

3. As for CVs, I would only change CV spotting if all ship types had to change along with them.  I believe that air spotting distances should be greater than surface spotting distances, not the reverse.  The way it is in the game is grossly unrealistic.  Planes can spot ships from a LOT greater distance than ships can spot other ships, for the simple reason of curvature of the planet, and the fact that ship wakes are a LOT easier to spot than the ships themselves, because wakes are HUGE.  However, what I'd also suggest is that plane spotting should be minimap only.  Then again, I happen to think that all spotting should be minimap only and that to  see something on your ship's UI should require your ship to actually SEE the enemy ship with either a Mk 1 eyeball, or radar or hydro mounted by your ship.  Of course, this would completely change the game across the board, but I think that it would be a lot closer to realistic (which to me isn't a dirty word) than the current spotting model.

4. BBs in coop:  This is really more of a problem for slower, mid tier BBs.  Faster, high tier BBs can and probably should charge right into the enemy and brawl.  The only exception I'd make to that is that if there are a lot of DDs and torp firing cruisers, I might let any friendlies that are moving with me take the lead to try to draw the fire of enemy torps, because let's face it, tier 10 BBs aren't all that maneuverable and at brawling ranges will tend to eat torps.  Better to get the enemy to waste their torps on more maneuverable friendlies and perhaps friendly bots.  For what it's worth, when I play tier 10 BBs in coop, I'm usually doing over 100k damage, and sometimes a lot more, because I prefer to charge right into the fray.  Put another way, my coop BB battle cry is "LEEEEEEROYYYY JENKINZZZZ!!!!!"  :cap_rambo:  :Smile_izmena:

There are so many things this game "could do" to balance out the ripple effect dissimilar consumables and weapons bring......   They just won't listen.

What you and a great many others have suggested "would work" and yes, change the game's "intent" from being a simple arcade shooter to that of a more mature, higher quality cooperative shooter....  And that, won't ever happen.

Well said though.

On the slow BB in COOP, well, that can be a pain with three or four DD's.  Some have alluded that there are changes coming in the 9.4 patch that will add 100 to the baseline points that should lengthen games a bit....  I haven't read anything yet but that concept is the 5 minute solution to short games.   Want to bet if they do that, the lessen reward values somehow.........!  I have little faith lately.

[SALVO]
Members
26,134 posts
29,152 battles
18 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

There are so many things this game "could do" to balance out the ripple effect dissimilar consumables and weapons bring......   They just won't listen.

What you and a great many others have suggested "would work" and yes, change the game's "intent" from being a simple arcade shooter to that of a more mature, higher quality cooperative shooter....  And that, won't ever happen.

Well said though.

On the slow BB in COOP, well, that can be a pain with three or four DD's.  Some have alluded that there are changes coming in the 9.4 patch that will add 100 to the baseline points that should lengthen games a bit....  I haven't read anything yet but that concept is the 5 minute solution to short games.   Want to bet if they do that, the lessen reward values somehow.........!  I have little faith lately.

One of the problems when one suggests something that would be "more realistic" is that some people can't get it through their heads that "more realistic" doesn't inherently require more complexity.  There are many things that can be done with a realistic feel to them without requiring hardcore simulation levels of complexity for the player.

And it's just occurred to me that if third person spotting only showed up on minimaps, then it's possible that concealment might become a little less important, since after all, if you're in a DD and you're only spotted by one enemy DD, it's not like all of the enemy DD's team mates in the vicinity can now fire accurately on you.  They'd only know roughly where you are.  Or put another way, on the mini-map, they'd know "exactly" where you are, but blind shooting vs targets on the minimap is hardly accurate or precise.

• Cool 1