Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kagenomure

whats your opinion

33 comments in this topic

Members
64 posts
1,209 battles

As the title says im curious about your guys opinion. What is your favorite ship to use in the game. I have asked about best cruisers and other things like that so i been branching out and playing each to see what i like and i liked the german ships as i grinded out all the way to the t10 GK which i consider an old school boxer, loves to get up close and shot like crazy.

I also been brancing out for each cruiser for each line to check them out. The IJN line and the only downside to the cruisers i find is the torpedo placement which can prove difficult at times to use. Im now playing the french cruisers to see if they fit my play style.

IF you guys have to pick one ship from one line exluding promo ships what ship would you chose and why do you like that ship :)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
856 posts
5,136 battles

DDs are probably my favorite ship class in the game. Any is fine, although I lean towards hybrids the most. 

My two favorite ships in the game have to be Fletcher and Kitakaze, in that order. Fletcher is just so flexible and useful in ways the Gearing and the Benson aren't. Kitakaze because the dakka. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,280 battles

Personal favorite? All-time? Dunkerque. She's got that wonderful balance of speed, firepower, and armor that you really only find in the mid-tier battlecruisers, and combines that with the all-forward gun layout of Richelieu so that she's less restricted in terms of offensive posture.

For tech tree ships though... Man that's a though one. It's honestly a toss-up between Richelieu and North Carolina.

Now as for your own line experimentation the French are a pretty good go-to line if you like Japanese cruisers but aren't completely sold on some of their features. Both lines favor engaging at similar ranges and specialize in raining down heavy HE firepower from a distance. That said, another option you may want to look into, though it is VERY temperamental and NOT for everyone, would be the Italians. Personally my top three tier 10 cruisers are Hindenburg, Venezia, and Henri IV; and their positions on that list can change based on what kind of fight I'm in the mood for. Where the French bring speed and brief spikes of DPM to the table and Japan focuses on raw alpha-strike potential backed up by defensive torps, the Italians tend to have a good blend of hard-hitting SAP salvos and agility, and their exhaust smoke can help get them out of a jam quite handily. Their main problems are lack of fire-starting (if you see that as a problem) and decreased range compared to the likes of Henri and Zao.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
5,809 posts
7,013 battles

Though some of my favourites are premiums, if I would pick one tech tree ship, it would be Daring.

Excellent selection of consumables, probably one of the best types of smoke in the game, but most importantly the flexibility of her ammo. She's one of those few DDs blessed with very interesting AP shells. They can arm in DDs, doing tons of damage and they benefit from improved penetration angles. You can pump out a ridiculous amount of damage on anything showing broadside.

I often have battles with AP damage exceeding my HE.

Also boxy turrets are the best turrets

185d492812748f40bea1332520f4ea4d.jpg

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,144 posts
9,607 battles

Tough one, my favorite changes often. Overall I'd have to call it a tie between Des Moines, Fiji, and T-61. They can be fun in almost any situation.

[NEMO]
Members
834 posts
3,389 battles

Mine is Cruisers, and destroyers, I just got my second tier 5 cruiser, the Kirov, its powerful, but the armor seems more like a sail boat compared to my Charleston

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles

Ship wise, depends on what tier I want to partake in...

Tier 9 and 10

• Avoid like the plague... High tiers just have to much of 3 things
    • Planes
    • HE spam
    • AP spam
  • When I do Play tier 10, I take the De Moines and play it like a DD with a citadel.

Mid tiers 5-7

• I spend more time here... Many cruisers and DDs with BBs in last place. No named ship preferrence really, just pick one and play... 

Low tiers 4 and below...

• The population is dwindling down here, for the must part... I play torp DDs, the Isokaze. 

Its what I spend must of my time playing, other then PTS server where I mostly like to play. 

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles

I don't have a favourite ship. Or rather, it keeps changing.

Now if I had to nominate the ship on which I had the most XP, I think my Fiji barely beats out my Salem. Both are over half a million, including the XP I spent getting the Fiji's B modules and unlocking the Edinburgh, which doesn't show in her current on-screen total. (I know others have over a million XP on some individual ships, but I don't play the game long enough or hard enough per day to even approach such figures.)

[FML]
Members
4,157 posts
16,067 battles

My favourites would have to be the Leander and the Fiji - I have over 1000 battles in each of them and I just enjoy defeating such superior enemies with such underrated ships. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,353 posts
19,362 battles
3 hours ago, Kagenomure said:

IF you guys have to pick one ship from one line exluding promo ships what ship would you chose and why do you like that ship :)

Bismarck.  

Good brawler.  Can drive caps early and go mano mano with DDs, using hydro to beat torps and dispatch CAs that push up.  With DD and CA support, makes an excellent center of gravity for a push when top tier.  Up tiers very nicely, once one figures out how to modify its play style to work against stronger opponents.

If you like to be in the middle of the action...and/or FORCE the action you want...it's a great ship.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,732 battles

Gotta love Richelieu, Alaska, and Smolensk. High tier, but really impactful pound for pound.

[PVE]
Members
5,105 posts
22,598 battles

DD's for me !  Especially, the Fabuki.......   You have to learn how to do the "Fabuki Dance" !  It's the most fun ship of the 95 I have now.....hands down.  The Okhotnik at tier 5 is right there with the Fabuki (so is the Hill with a Hockey player CPT!)

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,339 posts
17,511 battles

Overall my favorite ship is Tirpitz.

Members
740 posts
9,789 battles

I have a number of favorites for different things.  I really used to love T4 ships but with the CV debacle at those tires I don't play them much anymore.  My favorites were the Clemson and Phoenix although I really liked all the CLs and DDs at that tier.  Otherwise, at T5 I still enjoy The Omaha, Nicholas and Kirov.  T6 Budyonny is my favorite going away.  Good speed, decent AA, awesome guns.  A bit weak in the armor department but otherwise a really solid ship.  At T7 the Fiji is my hands down favorite.  At T8 I have a few ties although I don't play much above T7 anymore as high tier game-play is a bit on the boring side for me. .  Akizuki is a great DD and the premium DD Cossak is a lot of fun although it's AA and torps are a bit weak, it has great guns and amazing concealment.  For Cruisers I like Chappy.  Kinda frail but if played carefully can be a solid pick and I just generally like the way the Russian CLs play.  At T9 Fletcher and Kitikaze are tied for me.  I really haven't found a CL or CA that I can truly say I like at T9.  T 10 Gearing is my preference and the Moskva and Minotaur are about equal as far as preference goes but like I said, I don't  care for the T10 meta so I don't play it much.  As for CV's and BBs...meh.  I like the Scharnhorst well enough but BBs aren't really in my wheelhouse and as for CVs...let's just leave that one alone as I have nothing good to say about them. 

Having said all of that, if there was just one ship I could play in the game forevermore, that's hard but I think it would be Fiji.

Edited by Malamute_Kid

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,501 posts

The Massachusetts is a really good BB. It is a monster when top tier but can hold its own in tier X games too. Because it is a tier VIII, queue times are usually short with it.

Other ships I like:

Gearing, Fletcher, Des Moines, Smolensk, Fiji, Midway, Baltimore, Atago, North Carolina, and Bismark.

[GT3]
Members
178 posts
7,420 battles

Been loving neptune lately... But just got smolensk and its perhaps more rewarding with same playstyle:Smile_trollface:

[_BDA_]
Members
142 posts
3,659 battles

I'm mainly a cruiser player but I do enjoy some bbs. I've made it to T7 in all the current lines. The 4  cruisers that really stood out to me were Yorck, Algerie, Furutaka, and St. Louis. All four I consider good ships and I've never been frustrated playing them even when stock.

As for bbs the one that really comes to mind is Pyotr Velikiy, when don't care about up tiered, you known it's a good ship. Others that I enjoyed were Fuso, Bayern, Nelson,and Sharnhorst.

[109TH]
Members
60 posts
2,399 battles

BBs. I installed this game mainly because I love WWII battleships. My "lucky" ships in the game are

• T6 Queen Elizabeth, Warspite -Solid Armor
  • T7 King George V - Great accuracy 
  • T8 North Carolina, Lenin - Easy tanking
  • T10 Conqueror - Great sniping, good looking...

Members
4,007 posts
14,536 battles

Higher Tiers. BB - Georgia, Cruiser - Venezia, DD - N/A

Mid Tiers. BB - Arizona, Cruiser - De Grasse, DD - Lenningrad

[SALVO]
Members
7,067 posts
5,529 battles

Why limit the options? Every ship is interesting in its own way... maybe slow, low tier BBs not very much.

Members
64 posts
1,209 battles

im mainly trying to see which ships people love or prefer to play, like imagine if there was a compatition were you have to pick 1 and only 1 ship from all that you own to play for a massize prize, like cash, a uniquie one time only ship, camo, a ton of dabloons or something along those lines, would you not want to use the ship you love the most, know the best and are most confortable in :)

Sign in to follow this