You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

This must be what the good players feel like

37 comments in this topic

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,221 posts
22,791 battles

Very nice, Snarg!

[5D]
Members
1,139 posts
15,096 battles

to me it seem to be a very ordinary match damage wise ...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5

Members
930 posts
2,737 battles
4 minutes ago, dad003 said:

You must be a real social butterfly.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[-WTP-]
Beta Testers
3,796 posts
14,649 battles
3 minutes ago, dad003 said:

Damage may not have have been as high due to not farming and instead, shooting the right people for the team and the win, you see so many games with people cracking 200k plus damage, and yet they lose the game, due to not shooting the right ships, or simply farming damage expecting others to do what is right for the win.

Nice win, when things click, the game seems effortless.

[5D]
Members
1,139 posts
15,096 battles
Just now, Snarky_Wombat said:

You must be a real social butterfly.

i Average more DMG in one of my BB than OP did in this battle ... if this was a 200+k dmg okay but it not , other than the double strike nothing extraordinary ...

• Boring 5

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,443 posts
4 minutes ago, dad003 said:

What benefited the team more than anything was that two of us held several of them at a single cap. If they had just rushed us we would have been toast but they kept drive-by shooting, which allowed us to wear them down. Some players may consistently get over 130k in a Des Moines but I'm not one of them. The server average damage for the Des Moines is a little over 62k per match.

• Cool 2

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,029 battles
21 minutes ago, dad003 said:

i Average more DMG in one of my BB than OP did in this battle ... if this was a 200+k dmg okay but it not , other than the double strike nothing extraordinary ...

Damage is not the be all, end all of the game...

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,819 posts
4,285 battles
15 minutes ago, dad003 said:

You're right, the damage isn't extraordinary. But you don't get 2.5K BXP by farming from behind islands. The OP clearly was positioned well and was real important to the win. It's not the raw damage number that matters, it's what damage it was. I have a post where I pushed 2K BXP in the old New Orleans with less than 30K damage. Radar, capping, and a few good hits on DDs ending up mattering way more than big damage numbers racked up by HE spamming cruisers.

Is it an epic game? No. Is it clearly a well played game with an above average result? Absolutely. If we all had average games like that people wouldn't complain about random gameplay. I'd be very happy with that result.

Also the only BB in which you have anywhere near that kind of average damage is Bourgogne, so don't get too carried away. And for someone who doesn't play DM (or USN CAs at all for that matter) you're being awfully judgy. When you can pull of DM games like that on a regular basis come back and look down your nose on this game.

• Cool 9

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,280 battles

I'm gonna guess that the Midway didn't start attacking you until the middle to end of the match, otherwise those aircraft numbers seem a bit low.

Still, over 1 million credits in a Des Moines is DEFINITELY an awesome game. GG Snarg!

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
43 minutes ago, dad003 said:

AHHH The classic response of the contrarian.  Feel better now?

tumblr_3e356428f360c10437878e6ad8c62ae2_8ab088d7_400.gif

• Boring 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,851 posts
14,851 battles
47 minutes ago, dad003 said:

To me this seems to be a very ordinary sneer. No exceptional wit, no biting critique.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[PVE]
Members
7,852 posts
23,816 battles
5 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

image.thumb.png.55f6ad79584c72726b18ec6a131b193c.png

134,308 Damage...well done Snarg :-)

4 hours ago, dad003 said:

For who? Who has 134k average (in case your english is as bad as your math let me clarify... ordinary & average are synonymous) damage?

Your 74k average damage is definitely above average but it's still 60k less than 134k...so...it begs to differ in regards to being an "ordinary match damage wise" for you.

4 hours ago, dad003 said:

i Average more DMG in one of my BB than OP did in this battle ...

Only 1...why aren't you applying yourself...you can do much better than that if you would just apply yourself.

BTW...which one of your BBs has an average of 134k damage again??? 

+1 if you can post a screenshot to back that claim...actually you should start your own thread w/that (farm a lot of forum up-votes w/that actually)...it would be much more impressive than trying (& failing miserably) to derail this 1 w/such easy to look up actual stats provided in our player profiles.

Hmm...will he hide his now & just continue like the rest of the :Smile_trollface:s ???

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,806 battles

I think the 2500 base xp is far more important to look at than just the raw damage number. 

200k+ damage games are pointless to brag about if all you did was farm BBs all game. 

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
1,139 posts
15,096 battles
12 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

134,308 Damage...well done Snarg :-)

For who? Who has 134k average (in case your english is as bad as your math let me clarify... ordinary & average are synonymous) damage?

Your 74k average damage is definitely above average but it's still 60k less than 134k...so...it begs to differ in regards to being an "ordinary match damage wise" for you.

Only 1...why aren't you applying yourself...you can do much better than that if you would just apply yourself.

BTW...which one of your BBs has an average of 134k damage again??? 

+1 if you can post a screenshot to back that claim...actually you should start your own thread w/that (farm a lot of forum up-votes w/that actually)...it would be much more impressive than trying (& failing miserably) to derail this 1 w/such easy to look up actual stats provided in our player profiles.

Hmm...will he hide his now & just continue like the rest of the :Smile_trollface:s ???

lol, overall average again you look at the wrong number i have multiple ship that average over 100k a game so 134k in one game is nothing for me , why do people get soo butt hurt when somebody has a different opinion ...

For a dude that has mostly red or orange stats you do have a big mouth :cap_horn: him even surprise that your stats werent even hidden ...

• Boring 2

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,806 battles
1 hour ago, dad003 said:

lol, overall average again you look at the wrong number i have multiple ship that average over 100k a game

And yet the Des Moines is not one of them....

1 hour ago, dad003 said:

why do people get soo butt hurt when somebody has a different opinion ...

It is not always what you say, but how you say it. 

Someone with your experience should understand by now that damage is hardly the best way to judge a player or a match. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,839 posts
25,782 battles
7 hours ago, dad003 said:

2578 BaseXP in the original post sh*ts on your notion of "performance."

Members
930 posts
2,737 battles
8 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

This wasn't my usual game with a Des Moines but things just seemed to fall into place. I might have got a couple more awards but the Midway blew me up right at the end.

Great play mate.  You did a bit of everything and killed it! 

Members
131 posts
7,298 battles
8 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

This wasn't my usual game with a Des Moines but things just seemed to fall into place. I might have got a couple more awards but the Midway blew me up right at the end.

https://replayswows.com/replay/86573#stats

Really nice job. I did the grind to get the DM but she is so short ranged and soft compared to some of the competition I’ve yet to take her out for fear of getting wacked right off the bat. Thanks for the inspiration.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,361 posts
10,472 battles

I think that a "great" battle is one that at the end you know that you did what you could with what you had (yes, this is stolen from Tremors). The 2,500 BXP supports the notion that Snag did what he could and that is good enough for me that this was a great battle. I sure would take these results again and again....

Way to go, Snag...

• Cool 2

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

https://replayswows.com/replay/86573#stats

Fantastic job!!

I did chuckle a little, and its NOT because it was a CV that killed you, but because the description of the death cracked me up.

"Destroyed by a bomb"

I don't know why this is funny to me, but it is.  

Again, awesome game!!  Are you using the legendary module?