You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
theultimate13x

Hi, I am so lost... April Fools event

20 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts

Been forum hopping trying to get a response. How do I take part in the April Fools event as a new player? Is it not possible? I have been trying for days and keep giving up in frustration as I find no menu or sub-menu to this content, and its supposed to be around until the 5th or 13th? Do I need play through a massive amount of tutorials or something? I am not seeing any progress beyond playing the AI over and over again in AI battles or just 4 players in Standard mode.

I am currrently level 7 in the game and just unlocked commanders.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,849 posts
4,285 battles

Did you click the participate button on the webpage?

[K-POP]
Members
3,071 posts
24,607 battles
19 minutes ago, theultimate13x said:

Been forum hopping trying to get a response. How do I take part in the April Fools event as a new player? Is it not possible? I have been trying for days and keep giving up in frustration as I find no menu or sub-menu to this content, and its supposed to be around until the 5th or 13th? Do I need play through a massive amount of tutorials or something? I am not seeing any progress beyond playing the AI over and over again in AI battles or just 4 players in Standard mode.

I am currrently level 7 in the game and just unlocked commanders.

if your using Internet Explorer  it wont give you the participate button for some reason well i do know that browser is on the outer so grab google or another browser and then hit participate. 

Members
20 posts
19 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Did you click the participate button on the webpage?

No I have not. Never saw a button but based on above post, I may need to use a different browser. No where in the ads or videos from Major Nelson or Wargamming did it say you needed to Opt In??  This is for Xbox btw not PC.

[K-POP]
Members
4,854 posts
13,482 battles
1 minute ago, theultimate13x said:

No I have not. Never saw a button but based on above post, I may need to use a different browser. No where in the ads or videos from Major Nelson or Wargamming did it say you needed to Opt In??  This is for Xbox btw not PC.

This forum is specifically for the pc version of the game. You may have more luck over on the WoWS legends forum (https://wowslegends.com/forums/)

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,849 posts
4,285 battles

Well this is the PC forum, so can't really help you. Console is completely different game from the PC side. I don't know if there's an Xbox WOWS forum, but that's where you should be asking. But standard WG practice for most events is there is a participate button on the WG webpage announcing the event. You need to check out the official webpage for console edition.

Members
20 posts
8 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Well this is the PC forum, so can't really help you. Console is completely different game from the PC side. I don't know if there's an Xbox WOWS forum, but that's where you should be asking. But standard WG practice for most events is there is a participate button on the WG webpage announcing the event. You need to check out the official webpage for console edition.

Yeah I am looking for it, but there is not much on the console side for Xbox or PS4. Looks like WoW is an after thought unlike the World of Tanks Xbox support, which is just a smidge behind the PC support. I guess there was a reason World of Tanks was at that E3 event in 2016 (?) unlike World of Warships or the planes game.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,495 posts
22,925 battles
14 minutes ago, theultimate13x said:

Use the in port news feed....

Also it is tier 10 random battles as I said in your previous post.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,849 posts
4,285 battles

Yeah I am looking for it, but there is not much on the console side for Xbox or PS4. Looks like WoW is an after thought unlike the World of Tanks Xbox support, which is just a smidge behind the PC support. I guess there was a reason World of Tanks was at that E3 event in 2016 (?) unlike World of Warships or the planes game.

Oh there's a better reason for that, WOWS Legends wasn't around in 2016. I believe that it didn't go live until about this time last year, so it's pretty new. Also WG likes to try and forget WOWP even exists, and there's no mobile version. The support for WOWS PC is actually very good, but unfortunately that doesn't help you. 

1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Use the in port news feed....

Also it is tier 10 random battles as I said in your previous post.

He's on the Xbox version, not PC. Bigger problems than UI navigation.

Members
20 posts

Thanks for the great support guys. I will keep playing up to Tier 10 and see if it unlocks then, but also will continue to check the website.

And yeah I figured i was off on the time frame for World of Warships ala 2016, so thanks for clarifying.

Members
20 posts

Wouldn't you know. I just went back to the game after getting to level 8 and it is finally unlocked. 

And now i only have 3 hours left to play the event?! Website said i had until the 13th?!

This has been such a farce. I wish they would have explained how long this process would have taken and saved me all this trouble this week.

[K-POP]
Members
4,854 posts
13,482 battles
44 minutes ago, theultimate13x said:

Well this is laughable, the forums page is blank. nothing there. Jesus. only a automated support section.

Huh. I know at one point a while back there was someone looking for the console forum on here and that’s the link that was given, but I guess it’s not up anymore. In that case, the WoWS legends subreddit may be the only option for some sort of forum-esque site.  

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
100 posts
8,777 battles

wows legends only came out last year I haven't even botherd to down load it on my ps4 do to having to start anew