You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, 3 to 5 April 2020

13 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles

Finished off the grind for the Vasteras camo. I think I like this ship in co-op; it's finally starting to click. I put the captain (who normally drives the Blyskawica) away in reserve because I want to transfer him to this ship full-time, but playing him any more will push him up to 11 points and increase the retraining cost.

Mixed fortunes in Randoms - just not my weekend - but co-op was a blast, including a bit of time spent at low tier, working on the T3 Italian cruiser (I have T5 to T8, but am determined to play them all).

Last Random for the evening was a why-not in the Richelieu, which I haven't taken out in AGES due to her being in the shadow of her Tier 9 sister. Forgot I'd had her flagged up for something or other, and came home with a far nicer haul of XP than I had anticipated (not complaining!). We had a Petropavlovsk on our team, and although it was far over the other side of the map from me, the comments in chat indicated that it was doing great execution.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Boring 3

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,491 posts
22,872 battles

Put him on the ship.

I believe when it turns regular tech tree the captain should be trained for it for free.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,403 posts
10,580 battles

Hopped in Smolensk and wasn't impressed with her terrible handling. Good thing kitted for max gun range! Also farmed well over 60K because know how to aim AP at broadside targets. Little-used tactic, but CLs rack up more damage sticking to AP plunging fire than trying HE and praying for fires.

Some progress on stage 4 of Montana and Moskva (get wins). Been relying on co-op for that.

Helena is rapidly becoming my best AP-spam CL. Plunging AP of that 152mm caliber easily penetrates all deck armor for 6-12K volleys on broadside targets.

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,557 battles

Picked up the Jean Bart.  Played her a few times and the clan want Scenario'ing and had some fun these past few days.  Other than that, not much to do.........???  Hopefully, the weather warms up cause I've got a lot of range time I need to put in....!   All competitions are cancelled till we're given the "all clear;" so, that means range project time !!!!!!   Turkey season is almost here.  Hog hunt to prepare for and, if the fates allow, a trip back to the Museum of the Fur Trade to do some more research......

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,806 battles

A Blys captain works quite well on the Vasteras I've found.

Then you can get Jersey Swersey from the upcoming campaign to use for the Tier 7-10 Euro DDs, with a more torpedo focused build. 

[KWF]
Members
5,793 posts
7,007 battles

Went bonkers in the game after being away for two weeks; finished Directive 3 and 4 in one session, sadly no Skane for me. At least most of the European tokens went to premium time, so I should have enough XP grinded in Vasteras for when the line is released. The new DDs are certainly interesting, though I will reserve judgment for when I am in the tier VII-VIII and have an idea on how the line shapes up.

[F4E]
Members
314 posts
9,642 battles

I was very close to having enough tokens for the T7 Skane and "all" I needed was a game with 1900 bxp to finish a mission and earn 3 more Euro crates, which would have guaranteed that I got the Skane...I finally just bit the bullet and spent 1,000 doubloons to acquire 40 more Euro tokens (among other things) so I could get the T7 DD.  I competed the bxp mission and earned the permacamo today.  I like the Skane.  Not saying she's a world-beater, but I do well enough in her to put her in the rotation with my Mahan and Sims at T7 and once that Skane captain has 14 points so he can get radio location, I think that boat will do just fine for me!  A good weekend overall...

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,659 posts
21,857 battles

Friday ....

.friday.JPG

Saturday....

saturday.JPGSunday had similar results as Saturday. Was a good weekend.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
13 hours ago, MN_Nice said:

I finally just bit the bullet and spent 1,000 doubloons to acquire 40 more Euro tokens (among other things) so I could get the T7 DD.

I wasn't that close, or I would have done the same. Not enough tokens out of the crates I was able to get, and not enough in the first doubloon bundle. Even if I fluked the remaining missions and picked her up, I would never have enough time to finish the camo mission. 

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles

Intensive grind of new lines aiming to tier 7 next Ranked, mostly the 3 DD lines I still don´t have. Enjoyed many 3 CV matches at tier 4 while on it. The clubbing was not premeditated.

[H_]
Members
762 posts
12,630 battles

Eh, Saturday was mostly scenario day, had some great games and some not so great games..  Overall not bad and fun.  Figured i'd try out some Randoms which i have not played in a while.  Had a great game to start and racked up some good numbers for me, after that was 3 or 4 losses in a row, nothing close.. 

You know your borked when the CV beaches right at the start point... Never made it to the end before time ran out even though the team killed everything.  sigh.. 

Still had mostly fun, quit after the consecutive random losses. 

Sunday worked in the yard, got on late, played some coop with the clan and 1 scenario, even after they said they had some terrible games in it and were not playing it again.. We got 5..  LOL.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
616 posts
12,520 battles

Completed the Ostergotland camo mission and have enough XP to get the Halland Wednesday. I have enjoyed playing these boats quite a bit and consider the dubloon cost to be resources well spent. Normally I don't spend for tech tree ships but made an exception here.

Completed the Moskva UU mission. Just in case it goes away Wednesday. 

Went clubbing in T5 & T6 with friends early Sunday.

All in all a very good boats weekend

Members
429 posts
15,696 battles

Finished the 4th directive and had enough tokens to get the Vasteras on Saturday. Still working on getting the camo; not sure I'll finish by tomorrow with the base experience (but I'll try; I'm probably a third of the way completed if I recall).  Played my Trento while waiting for the Vasteras games to end, and was able to get enough xp to unlock the T7 Zara, but did not purchase her yet.  Need to evaluate my captains and decide if I'm moving the Trento captain up, or using the special captain (Luigi Sansonetti), or working on a new captain using the premium ships I have to bring him up to a proper level for T7.