Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

The one thing that's good about staying home..

10 comments in this topic

[AAA]
Members
815 posts
18,734 battles

Is that I can finally get to finish those pesky legendary modules before the next update and I lose all my progress to the RB.

Moskva and Groz done. Next is getting the 40k base with the Mino. After that is a toss up between the Khab ,Repub or the Henry.

The 40k for the Moskva was brutal, teams seem to melt by the time I could get into position to do some fire damage farming. TBH its actually been good having some thing to focus on rather than the plummeting win rate.

Get in, do as much damage as possible by staying alive as long as possible. The team folds, eh more targets for me to farm while reversing to the map border.

Keep safe folks.

shot-20.04.05_20.35.09-0704.jpg

shot-20.04.05_20.38.11-0438.jpg

• Cool 1

[KAG]
Members
1,351 posts
12,287 battles

You have till the end of the year to finish the LM you have activated.  I’m on Moskva, but find it kinda boring/frustrating to play, it’s base accuracy is frustrating and it overpens everything.

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
815 posts
18,734 battles
40 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

You have till the end of the year to finish the LM you have activated.  I’m on Moskva, but find it kinda boring/frustrating to play, it’s base accuracy is frustrating and it overpens everything.

Thanks for the info. I have nothing really else to focus on at the moment game wise, so I'll just keep working on them. I honestly thought they were gone come the next major patch. 

Moskva's accuracy is actually why I wanted the legendary, with the aiming mod in slot 3 its about a +10% reduction in dispersion so it seemed worth the grind.

Since the last update, I am finding that its less tanky going nose in, so I'm playing it somewhat like a US cruiser, get an island and hug, but not so tight that I can't shoot over. The 22k range is workable with the shell velocity.

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
1 hour ago, BarneyStyle said:

Let me just say that on one hand yes Russian artillery guns are supposed to be inaccurate to feel more historically accurate. But on the other hand let me also say that not all Moskava shells over pen. Just like any of the Large CAs/ Battlecruisers / Super Cruisers their guns pack a serious punch.

As a DD or cruiser that are meant to be stealthy, the Moskava and Stalingrad are scary to deal with at times. Now only from their armor and guns, but also from that 12km ranged Radar... :Smile_hiding:

[KAG]
Members
1,351 posts
12,287 battles
48 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Let me just say that on one hand yes Russian artillery guns are supposed to be inaccurate to feel more historically accurate. But on the other hand let me also say that not all Moskava shells over pen. Just like any of the Large CAs/ Battlecruisers / Super Cruisers their guns pack a serious punch.

As a DD or cruiser that are meant to be stealthy, the Moskava and Stalingrad are scary to deal with at times. Now only from their armor and guns, but also from that 12km ranged Radar... :Smile_hiding:

I probably should have phrased it differently.  At times it’s accuracy is trollish and seems to overpen cruisers frequently.  When it connects, it does* damage.  I’ve hit full broadside potato’s with multiple salvos that just overpen at the waterline, making my jaw drop.  Then I have outstanding games in it.

Stalingrad on the other hand, well... it’s just a monster.  

Edited by BarneyStyle

[SAPP]
Members
102 posts
9,000 battles

How much longer do we have to get the Moskva?  I do have the free XP to get it but would rather grind it out......unless it's in a few weeks??  Anyone know when??

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
45 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

I probably should have phrased it differently.  At times it’s accuracy is trollish and seems to overpen cruisers frequently.  When it connects, it does* damage.  I’ve hit full broadside potato’s with multiple salvos that just overpen at the waterline, making my jaw drop.  Then I have outstanding games in it.

Good news is those Super Cruisers have the options of using both HE and AP without really having to suffer if one or the other is loaded and you have to take shots at unexpected targets. Although you still can suffer against certain targets if the wrong ammo is loaded, but on average such ammo dilemmas are far less of a problem.

As far as Stalingrad I agree it is a monster, but thankfully it does have it’s achilles’ heel in the form of its side armor being so easy to citadel with AP shells if you get close enough along the broadside to the Stalingrad. Or torpedoes can work for that matter with how long the hull is. But such drawbacks can be compensated by having a good rapid fire gun ship supporting the Moskava or Stalingrad. And torpedo or shell attacks pretty much need to be side on because of how narrow plus well armored those ships are. Another drawback Stalingrad and Moskava both have are the lack of torpedoes which can be useful in quickly dropping a ship or at least contributing to side on close in support.

[AAA]
Members
815 posts
18,734 battles
10 hours ago, BarneyStyle said:

The speed of the shells seems to be the issue at "shorter" ranges. 

Had a game over the weekend where I surprised a Smols in his smoke at just under 10k range. First salvo, 2 cits and rest overpens. I was moving forward and every other salvo as I closed the distance were overpens. I just couldn't deliver the finishing blow then the radar expired and he got away.

Very next game I got a DM island hugging at 16k, perfect broadside, two salvos and he was done, every hit was a citadel.

The Stalin's shells are a whopping 30 ms per second slower and I never have the same issues, broadside means cits galore, regardless of the range. 

[ARGSY]
Members
23,329 posts
17,304 battles
10 hours ago, IRISHSDOWN said:

How much longer do we have to get the Moskva? 

We are about to start 0.9.3 (on Wednesday, if all goes well). The patch after that, 0.9.4, has been announced as the start of the Russian Cruiser Split Event, so that is a further four weeks down the track.

Note that it describes the event as being for early access to Tiers 8 and 9; Tier 10 is not mentioned, and the line will probably drop in 0.9.5. 

However, what it says to me is that you have a MINIMUM of four weeks to get as much of the grind done as you can before resorting to FXP. It COULD easily be eight, but I would plan on getting it done in four. (I managed it in five, starting from the Shchors B hull, and I am by no means the world's best player.)

• Cool 1

[KAG]
Members
1,351 posts
12,287 battles
4 hours ago, Rabin69 said:

The speed of the shells seems to be the issue at "shorter" ranges. 

Had a game over the weekend where I surprised a Smols in his smoke at just under 10k range. First salvo, 2 cits and rest overpens. I was moving forward and every other salvo as I closed the distance were overpens. I just couldn't deliver the finishing blow then the radar expired and he got away.

Very next game I got a DM island hugging at 16k, perfect broadside, two salvos and he was done, every hit was a citadel.

The Stalin's shells are a whopping 30 ms per second slower and I never have the same issues, broadside means cits galore, regardless of the range. 

Short fuse AP in Stalingrad... they’re giving this treatment to the new tier 10 Petro.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this