Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wdarkk

Think I messed up on KotS Collection

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

54
[BOATC]
Members
385 posts
12,408 battles

I think I misread the timers or something, don't see any kots streams today. I'm worried this means I effed up the collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,152
[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

well, it will take you 3  kots to finish  instead of possibly doing it in 2.  

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,194
[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,415 battles

Did you watch any WoWS steam with drops enabled for more than 90 minutes? If so you get the drop automatically even if you didn’t watch a kots stream specifically. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,200
[EQRN]
Members
2,209 posts
19,769 battles

You should have 8 by now, or some combination of items and duplicates adding to 8. No idea if WG will have some mechanism for those who missed one or two to make up.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[WOLFC]
Members
525 posts
8,731 battles

The international finals are next Saturday, so if you're at 7 currently, my understanding is that you'll pick up the last one next weekend. I didn't watch yesterday though, so that might be why I'm at 7. 

As per standard, the main website text is confusing. On one hand, it lists both weekends as having streams, this weekend being the "Regional and Semi finals", and next weekend being the "international finals". It then goes on to say that the two drops will be "delivered via Twitch Drops during the Regional and International Finals broadcast on Twitch on April 4–5."

So go figure. Maybe one more next weekend, maybe not.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/kots-collection/

 

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
366
[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
3 hours ago, wdarkk said:

think I misread the timers or something, don't see any kots streams today. I'm worried this means I effed up the collection

Edit: Today is Sunday lol

Edited by kishan99
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
999
[X-PN]
Members
1,578 posts
12,155 battles

I messed up the same way....  saw a schedule somewhere saying 1pm Pacific time.  Starting watching stuff that was a few hours old not realizing it.  Not surprised how confusing it is considering you have to jump through 4 different sites to figure out what to watch and when.

Like when you go to the toornamout site that WG's site directs you to, and you go to the schedule, nothing is listed.  I can forgive since their are probably working from home and stuff, but I also hope they will give some of us that got mixed up on it, another chance to get the containers.

 

Edited by YouSatInGum
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[F4E]
Members
314 posts
9,623 battles

Well, I have 7, with a duplicate (so, effectively I have 8), and I have received the KOTS crates for watching the streams on Twitch...so will they come at a higher rate next weekend or you mean to tell me that it was not possible to complete the collection during this King of the Sea tournament?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,024
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,736 posts
4,771 battles
3 hours ago, wdarkk said:

don't see any kots streams today.

You missed a good one this morning.  EU vs. CIS (RU) for an international semi-final.  EU ROFLstomped 9-1. 

Next one is Sat.  Evening, I think.

 

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
233 posts
12,246 battles
6 hours ago, wdarkk said:

I think I misread the timers or something, don't see any kots streams today. I'm worried this means I effed up the collection.

They said on stream more than once that next KotS you can get more containers, so just gotta wait a while to complete the collection.

Abbye

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
402
Members
925 posts
5,110 battles

At the rate I watch I should complete the collection for my free T7 pixel boat in 5 years.

 

 

What a stupid way to do a collection.

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,571
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,938 battles
1 hour ago, ksix said:

At the rate I watch I should complete the collection for my free T7 pixel boat in 5 years.

What a stupid way to do a collection.

 

Yeah, having a collection sit incomplete for 12+ months is really silly … 

I'm not planning past 3 months :)

 

 

Bring on the Subs!

Edited by Commander_367
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
626
[O_O]
Members
674 posts
3 hours ago, ksix said:

At the rate I watch I should complete the collection for my free T7 pixel boat in 5 years.

What a stupid way to do a collection.

What you don't like having to visit bunch of sites, listen to people with poor communication skills cast matches, and input some time exclusive codes all for one collection?!?

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,194
[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,415 battles
20 hours ago, MN_Nice said:

Well, I have 7, with a duplicate (so, effectively I have 8), and I have received the KOTS crates for watching the streams on Twitch...so will they come at a higher rate next weekend or you mean to tell me that it was not possible to complete the collection during this King of the Sea tournament?

It was never possible or intended to be possible to complete it in only one season. There’s a maximum of 8 crates/items available per season, but every season going forward will have them enabled. So even if you miss a mission or twitch drop one season, it will still be possible to complete the collection, it will just take longer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,048 posts
11,487 battles

The next KoTS is atlest 6 months away so you have to wait till then to get the last 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,024
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,736 posts
4,771 battles
13 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

Yeah, having a collection sit incomplete for 12+ months is really silly … 

The tournaments aren't annual.  That last was what, 4 months ago (when NA stomped EU)?  And there's at least three more crates for this series.

 

10 hours ago, Rustyhole said:

What you don't like having to visit bunch of sites, listen to people with poor communication skills cast matches, and input some time exclusive codes all for one collection?!?

Obviously you've never even tried.  SeaRaptor00, Lord_Zath, Flambass, others are professional grade 'casters.  And no codes necessary on Twitch for KotS crates.

As for the number of sites, I think that's a stroke of genius.  You choose the format, 'casters, and bias that you want!  Yes, I know that the freedom of choice is a heavy burden...

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,120
[DPG]
Members
2,055 posts
11,339 battles

I messed up too, by being in the hospital for four days.  This isn't the first time this has happened to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,571
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,938 battles
5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

The tournaments aren't annual.  That last was what, 4 months ago (when NA stomped EU)?  And there's at least three more crates for this series.

 

Fine, 8 months … I'm not planning that far ahead with WG - as far as I'm concerned the "relationship" is on probation 

5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Obviously you've never even tried.  SeaRaptor00, Lord_Zath, Flambass, others are professional grade 'casters.  And no codes necessary on Twitch for KotS crates.

As for the number of sites, I think that's a stroke of genius.  You choose the format, 'casters, and bias that you want!  Yes, I know that the freedom of choice is a heavy burden...

If I want to play a game, I'll play it … no idea why I would want to watch someone else play video games

Unless it's to drink two cans of beer at the same time?

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,024
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,736 posts
4,771 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

If I want to play a game, I'll play it

So play it and stop [edited] about things you say don't affect you! 

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,751
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,755 posts
8 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Fine, 8 months … I'm not planning that far ahead with WG - as far as I'm concerned the "relationship" is on probation 

If I want to play a game, I'll play it … no idea why I would want to watch someone else play video games

Unless it's to drink two cans of beer at the same time?

I watch other people play games.... a lot.

I get that it's not for everyone, I can understand that.  I don't really see how it's any different than watching people play anything else though.  Football or Nascar races or whatever. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,571
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,938 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

So play it and stop [edited] about things you say don't affect you! 

This is about dragging out a collection incomplete for 8+ months … 

Read the OP 

 

And your 4 month quote seems way off btw

 

 

 

Edited by Commander_367
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,571
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,938 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I watch other people play games.... a lot.

I get that it's not for everyone, I can understand that.  I don't really see how it's any different than watching people play anything else though.  Football or Nascar or whatever. 

People are obviously having trouble with the entire twitch thing … 

WG doesn't communicate or do esports very well is what I'm hearing

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,751
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,755 posts
8 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

People are obviously having trouble with the entire twitch thing … 

WG doesn't communicate or do esports very well is what I'm hearing

I mean, it's not so much "trouble", it isn't broken, you just click the link and off it goes.

Now to be fair and transparent, I almost always get my twitch drops and have for...since they started doing it as far as I know but for some stupid reason, I completely spaced it this past weekend and didn't get my crates.

It sounds like I can catch the next KOTS though and eventually get caught up.

Super hard grind on a short timer?  Pfft, please, that all you got WG?

All you have to do is click the link and get stuff? I forgot to click the thing :Smile_teethhappy:.  That's on me though, I knew about it and didn't do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
255
[TARK]
Members
640 posts
On 4/5/2020 at 7:25 PM, wdarkk said:

I think I misread the timers or something, don't see any kots streams today. I'm worried this means I effed up the collection.

I watched streams the entire stupid event, and got 1 single KOTS container.

I think its somehow region specific, since I was watching the EU games most of the time, and only got 1 KOTS container for my watching on Saturday.. when I switched to watching NA.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,024
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,736 posts
4,771 battles
55 minutes ago, Eckarbeiter said:

I think its somehow region specific, since I was watching the EU games most of the time, and only got 1 KOTS container for my watching on Saturday.. when I switched to watching NA.

No, it's not region specific.  One crate per day, no matter how long or many streams watched.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×