You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

Time Running Out for EU DD Directives

21 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,939 posts
18,278 battles

yep, I need to grind my Skane and get the perma camo. I don't think I'll make it past it though.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
8 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

yep, I need to grind my Skane and get the perma camo. I don't think I'll make it past it though.

Yeah, I need to complete that also ... we have until April 8 ... and I would say that's between 2 and 4 am, so the 7th to be safe.

Another point to keep in mind ... I've been moving 1 Captain among all EU DDs to increase his points ... before the update eveyone should ensure they have the Captain they want on each of the IKEA ships.  When they change to tech tree ships, if memory serves, the captain on the ship becomes trained for that ship.

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,182 battles

I just got the Visby.  It'll take a lot of Scenarios and Randoms to get the Camo for the Vasteras.  I'm about half way there - need 6300 Base XP.

Final Directive-wise?  Might get it, might not.  These DDs are real painful to run.  Turrets are slow, and without smoke, need to keep that rudder moving when firing. 

Torpedoes are W-E-A-K !!!!  When I slam a full load of torpedoes into a battleship, I have to drop back, hide somewhere, then come back and slam another group in at point blank.

When I take a break from grinding and run a 'normal' DD, it's like a breath of fresh air. 

One thing is for sure:  They will test your 'Knife-Fighting' skills in DD work.

Visby_Camo.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
23,322 posts
17,285 battles
8 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

It'll take a lot of Scenarios and Randoms to get the Camo for the Vasteras.

You can't do the mission unless you have the ship. If you only just got the Visby, you ain't gettin' the Vasteras camo.

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,182 battles
13 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Yeah, I need to complete that also ... we have until April 8 ... and I would say that's between 2 and 4 am, so the 7th to be safe.

Another point to keep in mind ... I've been moving 1 Captain among all EU DDs to increase his points ... before the update eveyone should ensure they have the Captain they want on each of the IKEA ships.  When they change to tech tree ships, if memory serves, the captain on the ship becomes trained for that ship.

Nope.  It would be very nice to have my Blys captain trained for the ship he is on, but it didn't happen for the French DDs or British Heavy Cruisers.  The Captain was put into reserve when it went to the line.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
3 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Nope.  It would be very nice to have my Blys captain trained for the ship he is on, but it didn't happen for the French DDs or British Heavy Cruisers.  The Captain was put into reserve when it went to the line.

OK, thanks ... I'll give it a shot just in case and retrain for the final ship assigned as required.

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,182 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You can't do the mission unless you have the ship. If you only just got the Visby, you ain't gettin' the Vasteras camo.

I only just got the Visby CAMO...  I'm half way grinding through the Vasteras Camo...

Vasteras_Camo.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
23,322 posts
17,285 battles
Just now, AVR_Project said:

I only just got the Visby CAMO...  I'm half way grinding through the Vasteras Camo...

NP.

Just that the post to which I replied said "I just got the Visby", which would account for my confusion.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,322 posts
17,285 battles
23 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

When they change to tech tree ships, if memory serves, the captain on the ship becomes trained for that ship.

My recollection is that he is ASSIGNED to that ship, but has to be retrained in the usual way. I have put my Blys captain into the Vasteras, and he is sitting there on his fat Polish backside until Wednesday. It will be interesting to see what happens.

This was a nasty trap for people who left existing tech-tree captains in their pre-release ships in previous events, only to have to retrain them to the original ship when the line went live. Here the only pre-existing Euro ships are all premiums, and can take any captain of their nation without retraining anyway.

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,182 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

NP.

Just that the post to which I replied said "I just got the Visby", which would account for my confusion.

Just looked up the 'Svenska Marinen' mission...  That's to grind the camo for ALL Five tier 5-9 camo ...   Wow !!   That another Puerto Rico impossible mission.

Shortcut is fires and torp hits by buying the 2M FXP DD..  and you get T10 camo for the Halland.

I'll be lucky if I get the Vasteras camo.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,939 posts
18,278 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

I've been moving 1 Captain among all EU DDs to increase his points ...

same with me

Actually wanting to get the Skane finished with perma camo then the T5, T6, and T7 can become trainer ships.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[COSTA]
Members
219 posts
7,857 battles

I started with my 10 point Friesland captain on Visby and moved him up each ship.  Currently 18 points on Östergötland and I have 238,000 xp on the ship.

Will be in good shape to acquire Halland and assign the captain there.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,868 posts
9,713 battles

Finished the Ostergotland permacamo mission yesterday and now have no pressing reason to play until the next patch, which is nice. Was due for a break to play another game for a bit... Started a min/max run on Wasteland 2.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,106 posts
11,764 battles
2 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

Should I be saving my tokens for the commander or use them on the oystergoat?

The commander will prolly be a different currency so might as well get the oyster.

[R-F]
Members
137 posts
9,320 battles
2 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

Should I be saving my tokens for the commander or use them on the oystergoat?

There isn't a commander available.

Members
648 posts
2 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Cant get captain for tokens. Him you will get by completing the next campain.

I just thoght that the EU captain might be for tokens since the Brit capatin was. Do you know if I'll still be able to get oystergoat after wed or will my tokens be useless then?

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,182 battles
52 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

I just thoght that the EU captain might be for tokens since the Brit capatin was. Do you know if I'll still be able to get oystergoat after wed or will my tokens be useless then?

If it's not in this Arsenal, then it'll be in the next Arsenal chapter.

RN tokens will go away and the EU tokens will drop down a notch.  You won't be able to add any unless you can buy containers.

There will be a new type token to be won with the next set of directives/missions... and on and on...  You've seen it before.

We have a section called 'RELEASE NOTES' .  This is where your questions SHOULD be answered....   Good luck with that.

• Cool 1

[-HEL-]
Members
461 posts
7 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Just looked up the 'Svenska Marinen' mission...  That's to grind the camo for ALL Five tier 5-9 camo ...   Wow !!   That another Puerto Rico impossible mission.

Shortcut is fires and torp hits by buying the 2M FXP DD..  and you get T10 camo for the Halland.

I'll be lucky if I get the Vasteras camo.

i did t5 to t9

painful, youre right

regards

• Cool 1