You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

REMINDER: JEAN BART IS BEING WITHDRAWN FROM SALE NEXT PATCH (WEDNESDAY)

37 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles

And she is never coming back. Note that regardless of the post title, Mouse is talking about the JB.

If you were thinking about buying her for money or getting her for coal, now is the time; there will NEVER be another.

Smolensk is also going (for how long or ever, I do not know).

Black, Flint and Neustrashimy are going away for not less than six months, and then RETURNING AS COAL SHIPS.

• Cool 4

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles

Does the Smolensk hold the record for the shortest availability run now? For a reward ship I mean....

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles

I just picked her up as you were preparing this post.  I've set her up with a secondary build and have a 12 point CPT in her.   Played two COOP matches and it's going to take some getting used to....  Good advice.  BUY NOW....   There were a few I could have had these past 2-1/2 years that I should have simply purchased........

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
29 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you were thinking about buying her for money or getting her for coal, now is the time; there will NEVER be another.

Another point to consider if anyone is tossing up btw Smol and JB is that JB is a true premium along with its 'unnerfable' status and better credit multiplier.

Smolensk has and could be altered in the future...

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,070 posts
19,197 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And she is never coming back. Note that regardless of the post title, Mouse is talking about the JB.

Just another in a very long list of incentives to buy more Christmas Loot crates; thank you WG!

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,152 battles

smolensk isn't going anywhere so nobody needs to panic buy it, I promise

• Funny 2

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,137 battles

My first two (and only two) high tier coal ships: 1) Jean Bart; 2) Smolensk. :cat_cool:

Edit: also my brother got me into this game by gifting me a Konig Albert, and once after a period of leaving the game, I logged back in and found a De Grasse, and a..... Giulio Cesare in my port. I guess some people are just born lucky :cat_bubble: (then again he also gave me a Marblehead, so....)

Edited by Silisquish

[HMCSH]
Members
3 posts
799 battles

I purchased the Georgia instead of the Bart a couple months back. Now I don't know what to do. Part of me is tempted, but I don't have the coal and it seems kind of crazy to buy another battleship.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
1 hour ago, ViolentCrush said:

I purchased the Georgia instead of the Bart a couple months back. Now I don't know what to do.

The Georgia does many of the same things, arguably just as well if not better. It's an individual thing. You still have one hell of a fine ship.

[NKOTD]
Members
1,035 posts
9,685 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Smolensk is also going (for how long or ever, I do not know).

Black, Flint and Neustrashimy are going away for not less than six months, and then RETURNING AS COAL SHIPS.

Talk like that is almost tempting me.

I do have the coal, but have too many prem BBs as it is.  Wish I could trade Georgia for JB.  However, I didn't realize the JB is so OP that it needs to be pulled forever?  I would think Smolie is more likely to never return...

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
4 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

I would think Smolie is more likely to never return...

Smolensk is a "special" and by the rules of the game she is vulnerable to directed nerfs if necessary.

JB is a premium which can be obtained directly for money, and since the Giulio Cesare fiasco a while back, WG seems to have adopted a hands-off policy to premiums. The only negative changes that can be made to them are as a result of global nerfs that affect all ships.

[APES]
Members
983 posts
6,239 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The Georgia does many of the same things, arguably just as well if not better. It's an individual thing. You still have one hell of a fine ship.

I'm thinking about the same. For French battleships I'd rather have the ones like Gascogne and Alsace. These uptiered ones (Jean Bart and Bourgogne) have to be played like battlecruisers: you use speed to prevent getting deleted in the first few minutes into the fight. Playing aggressively and tanking don't quite work. So yeah, I sort of prefer Georgia.

Speaking of Smolensk, I plan to grind tomorrow's daily coal and then buy her. Not waiting until Tuesday because too risky. I will have to paid the deficient coal with steel.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
9 hours ago, _Marines said:

These uptiered ones (Jean Bart and Bourgogne) have to be played like battlecruisers: you use speed to prevent getting deleted in the first few minutes into the fight.

I looked at it the other way. When I got the JB, I thought yeah, so I'll probably see T10 a lot more often in her; but AT THE TIME, I was seeing so much T10 in the Richelieu anyway that I figured I might have a better chance in a faster ship with with the same guns but faster reload and chosen moments of DPM insanity. 

9 hours ago, _Marines said:

Speaking of Smolensk, I plan to grind tomorrow's daily coal and then buy her. Not waiting until Tuesday because too risky.

If the difference is one day's coal, two is no worse. Buy her immediately. Make sure you don't fall victim to "I thought you were pulling her on Wednesday" syndrome, which has occasionally happened.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

only been around a couple weeks... so a patch is expected this wednesday morning?   and things like the current directives will be replaced? or?

can anyone fill me in what to expect? what may go away? what else may need completing?  (already have jb and i won't bother with smol)

Members
636 posts
72 battles
16 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

I just picked her up as you were preparing this post.  I've set her up with a secondary build and have a 12 point CPT in her.   Played two COOP matches and it's going to take some getting used to....  Good advice.  BUY NOW....   There were a few I could have had these past 2-1/2 years that I should have simply purchased........

I would seriously recommend you to do a tank build instead of a secondary build (even if you use same captain for tech tree ships). French burn like nothing else and atleast JB has pretty bad secondarys. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
4 minutes ago, SKurj said:

only been around a couple weeks... so a patch is expected this wednesday morning?   and things like the current directives will be replaced? or?

can anyone fill me in what to expect? what may go away? what else may need completing?  (already have jb and i won't bother with smol)

My initial post says it all.

Directives finished last night; Swedish camo missions finish Tuesday. The rest of the details will be in the patch notes tomorrow.

PTS didn't have any directives at all for this patch, only the start of the 6-month-long campaign for the Polish captain (like the permanent campaigns, but time-limited). I quite like directives because they give me something to advance in even when the entire battle goes to the dogs and my team gets ROFLstomped 12:0, and I like the challenge of fitting my ships to the task.

On the other hand, a break will be nice.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

my bad saw the title .. and lol didn't read further...

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
2 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

I would seriously recommend you to do a tank build instead of a secondary build (even if you use same captain for tech tree ships). French burn like nothing else and atleast JB has pretty bad secondarys. 

I find her quite adequate for secondary-hit farming in Co-op, but I do also have a survival build captain for serious business in PvP.  The main problem with JB's secondaries is that they are mostly directed aft, but this can be compensated for easily enough.

[-GNZ-]
Members
32 posts
1,892 battles

Is Moskova getting moved this patch or the next? Cant seem to really find anything defining when it really gets moved.

[WOLF5]
Members
896 posts
34,059 battles
3 minutes ago, Jas0n74 said:

Is Moskova getting moved this patch or the next? Cant seem to really find anything defining when it really gets moved.

Not this patch. It'll be the next patch at earliest. It's going to depend on how they do early access/replacement. 

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
11 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Not this patch. It'll be the next patch at earliest. It's going to depend on how they do early access/replacement. 

0.9.4 is going to be early access for the new Tier 8 and 9 RU heavy cruisers. I and several others will be pushing for clarification on the deadline for Moskva to be in your port to get her as a special.

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I find her quite adequate for secondary-hit farming in Co-op, but I do also have a survival build captain for serious business in PvP.  The main problem with JB's secondaries is that they are mostly directed aft, but this can be compensated for easily enough.

What skills does your CPT have for the Jean Bart?  I'm not all that familiar with BB's and designing CPT for secondary build.  All advice appreciated.