You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ossiuum

Please do not adjust co-op starting points

139 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,725 battles

I like many play co-op only when necessary, to knock off snowflakes or stuff like that quickly. This rule change would cause games to take longer and I would greatly appreciate if this was not adjusted. 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 10

[--K--]
Supertester
1,227 posts
11,206 battles

If you just yolo rush anyway why does it matter to you one month out of the year? This helps more of us the other 11 months.

• Cool 14
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
43 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

I like many play co-op only when necessary, to knock off snowflakes or stuff like that quickly. This rule change would cause games to take longer and I would greatly appreciate if this was not adjusted. 

I don't expect the Co-op games to last significantly longer. People were just mad that they could not sink that last ship or two.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,177 posts
9,512 battles
23 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I don't expect the Co-op games to last significantly longer. People were just mad that they could not sink that last ship or two.

There are moments where those last two ships are within kill zones and may just about be killed shortly only to be denied due to another bot ship dying from the other side of the map.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
1 hour ago, Ossiuum said:

12 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

There are moments where those last two ships are within kill zones and may just about be killed shortly only to be denied due to another bot ship dying from the other side of the map.

The number of points at the beginning of each battle in the "Domination" mode in Co-op Battles was changed:

• For battles with 3 key areas from 300 to 400 points
  • For battles with 4 key areas from 200 to 300

This will help to reduce the amount of battles which are finished when one of the teams reaches 0 points.

I wonder how long it will be before people start complaining about getting to 1000 points too quickly. :Smile_teethhappy:

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,725 battles
25 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I wonder how long it will be before people start complaining about getting to 1000 points too quickly

Hey man that sounds great, I just want the games done as fast as possible so I can get back to randoms. 

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 8

[SIMP]
Members
1,522 posts

Good lord.

Seriously WG?

We asked the asinine Mercy Rule be removed from co-op - - NOT adjusting the starting points. All this is gonna do is make matches that are played well end even earlier. (1000 victory points reached even faster - actually PENALIZING good teamplay and tactics with less XP and credits).

UMM - HELLO WG ARE YOU LISTENING??? DO YOU EVEN PLAY YOUR OWN GAME???

Edited by capncrunch21
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 6

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,725 battles
1 minute ago, capncrunch21 said:

All this is gonna do is make matches that are played well end even earlier. (1000 victory points reached even faster)

If this is the result this will have been a positive change, I just want out of those games as fast as possible. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 6

[SIMP]
Members
1,522 posts
8 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

If this is the result this will have been a positive change, I just want out of those games as fast as possible. 

Obviously you are not a co-op main.

Please go back to Randoms and keep your opinions there. You don't see us (co-op players) telling WG how to run Random matches because of the very few we play. :fish_palm:

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,725 battles
3 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

I am not a co-op main but that doesn't preclude me from having opinions on the state of co-op, especially when wargaming does occasionally create events that are best completed in that setting. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,840 posts
25,932 battles
2 hours ago, Ossiuum said:

You're not the primary audience this change is aimed at.  If the only reason you play coop is to knock flakes off, suck it up buttercup.

18 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Good lord.

Seriously WG?

We asked the asinine Mercy Rule be removed from co-op - - NOT adjusting the starting points. All this is gonna do is make matches that are played well end even earlier. (1000 victory points reached even faster).

They did what they should have done.  They were NEVER going to remove the Mercy Rule.  What they were going to do is try to find a way to reduce how easy it is to invoke the Mercy Rule.

If you don't want to reach 1000 victory points so fast, don't cap and focus only on killing enemy ships.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,177 posts
9,512 battles
14 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Good lord.

Seriously WG?

We asked the asinine Mercy Rule be removed from co-op - - NOT adjusting the starting points. All this is gonna do is make matches that are played well end even earlier. (1000 victory points reached even faster - actually PENALIZING good teamplay and tactics with less XP and credits).

The amount of times where the game ends from getting 1000 victory points is far far less frequent than winning the game with the bots' team dipping to zero points.

Battleships gives out 40 points for killing it and even if all 9 bots are battleships and died, the gain is only 360 points total just about 2/3 to way to 1000 assuming no one on the player team side died or if the caps are not captured immediately.

The +100 points allows up to at least 2 additional ships that can be killed without the game ending abruptly.

3 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

I am not a co-op main but that doesn't preclude me from having opinions on the state of co-op, especially when wargaming does occasionally create events that are best completed in that setting. 

The amount of events relating to quick succession of games (snowflakes) in co op are far less frequent than events that relates to completing objectives such as damage, kills, ribbons, hits (bombs, torps, citadels, etc.) which makes having games not ending quicker more beneficial in completing those objectives.

• Cool 3

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles
14 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Please go back to Randoms and keep your opinions there. You don't see us (co-op players) telling WG how to run Random matches because of the very few we play. :fish_palm:

So by your logic should the co op mains stay out of ranked?  So long as it cuts both ways, sweet....

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
3,587 posts
13,004 battles
8 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

The amount of events relating to quick succession of games (snowflakes) in co op are far less frequent than events that relates to completing objectives such as damage, kills, ribbons, hits (bombs, torps, citadels, etc.) which makes having games not ending quicker more beneficial in completing those objectives.

This may not be true. There is only a finite amount of those objectives available each game, and you are competing with other players for completion of those objectives. If games are short enough, just packing in faster games; potentially can be quicker.

But either way, fine with the change. Co-opers deserve a bone every now and then. 

Edited by Rollingonit
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,887 posts
9,963 battles

So the gist of the argument here is people who don't go into co op much might have to spend a few extra minutes and thus this whole idea is bad.

Nice of people every once in a while to remind why I have them on ignore....

• Cool 2

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,725 battles
5 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

So the gist of the argument here is people who don't go into co op much might have to spend a few extra minutes and thus this whole idea is bad.

Whenever I do play co-op it tends to be 50+ games in a row, so those minutes are agonizing and add up. A few extra minutes ends up being a couple hours. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 7

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

Maybe coop matches need to be extended a bit, to discourage gaming the system?

• Cool 2

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles
3 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Maybe coop matches need to be extended a bit, to discourage gaming the system?

Then we'll get even more "co op doesn't pay out" posts......
co op is great for days you don't care to spend time in the game and you can get a daily mission done in less than 30 minutes.  4 games and done -- it's nice when they're ~ 5m or less.

Edited by NoSoMo

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
3 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Then we'll get even more "co op doesn't pay out" posts......
co op is great for days you don't care to spend time in the game and you can get a daily mission done in less than 30 minutes.  4 games and done -- it's nice when they're ~ 5m or less.

you don't help your cause...

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles
3 minutes ago, SKurj said:

you don't help your cause...

I should have rephrased -- sink one, ram one, go grab another ship ;)

best of both worlds, those who want to chase the last ships around for 10 minutes can, while those who would rather do something else, can.  You get the kills and XP, I get on my way, win win

Edited by NoSoMo

[SYN]
Members
1,233 posts
10,347 battles
36 minutes ago, Crucis said:

If you don't want to reach 1000 victory points so fast, don't cap and focus only on killing enemy ships.

That's the ticket.

The only time that I go for caps in coop is when all the red ships on my side are dead. Even then, it is only to eek out something to minimize my credit losses while I am unable to do damage. 

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,595 posts
2,433 battles
2 hours ago, Ossiuum said:

Sure, let's throw out something that PvE mains have been asking about for months, just because it might inconvenience you a few days of the year.  That sounds like a good idea.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[KSE]
Beta Testers
25 posts
14,523 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Sure, let's throw out something that PvE mains have been asking about for months, just because it might inconvenience you a few days of the year.  That sounds like a good idea.

I'd wager there are more people sporadically playing Coop to complete events than there are coop mains.

If the bots are too easy for you coop mains, perhaps coop ships should be made all Russian test ships by default.

• Boring 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,319 posts
25,262 battles
54 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

Then don’t (redacted) play Co-op if you hate it that much.

If you’re so bloody good Co-op is a bore, then go get your (redacted) wins in Randoms.

25 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Like I said above, if it’s such an inconvenience, and such players are using Co-op for, in-effect, ‘throw away’ games, then they need to just stay in Randoms.

3 minutes ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

That's the ticket.

The only time that I go for caps in coop is when all the red ships on my side are dead. Even then, it is only to eek out something to minimize my credit losses while I am unable to do damage. 

I used it in the past to maximize points in Bogue.

If the greens just belly flop and die, and I killed all the reds fast enough, I would trundle around and take the caps.

My reward for giving you a win.

I do it now if possible because I want to maximize points for LU grinds.

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
24,840 posts
25,932 battles
25 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

Whenever I do play co-op it tends to be 50+ games in a row, so those minutes are agonizing and add up. A few extra minutes ends up being a couple hours. 

Boo hoo.  Coop doesn't exist just so some prima donnas can jump in maybe 1-2 times a year to knock off flakes.  So if it costs you a few extra minutes so that regular coop players can enjoy their normal game mode, too freaking bad!!!  If you can't handle coop, then go knock off your flakes in randoms.

• Cool 8