Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Angel_of_the_Sea

Yesterday Clan Brawl Feedback

12 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
4,931 battles

Super simple observation, my Clan is a High Storm clan on NA and almost every CB we saw yesterday in the 4v4 matchup was a premium-fest. Basically every team we fought was either Enterprise or Graf Zepplin for CV and Battleship was either Massachusetts or Tirpitz. So, basically what i'm saying is this is a strong indicator of Pay to Win, these tech tree ships simply can not compete against these ships in a competitive setting. Why is this acceptable? Also, we were fighting almost exclusively Typhoon Clans even though we are Storm.

[HINON]
Members
13,260 posts

This brawl was a derpy silly mode so just one question for you . . .

X5VCdWZ.gif

• Funny 1

[PISD]
Members
1,280 posts
5,274 battles

The mod encourage Graff, thanks to the map size and number of players. Doesn’t make it an op ship by any meaning. Entreprise is an other question.

Mass and Tirpitz are some of t he best brawler, and again this mod push for it. Tirpitz in random is far from Op, and Mass is fun but not really better than Alabama or a North Carolina.

• Cool 1

Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles

You realize that Brawl and CBs aren't the same thing, right? 

This game isn't P2W, we saw a ton of tech tree ships that did quite well. Drop your bias and "WAAAAAAH" and just enjoy the game.

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,249 battles

Most people who are mains in there class have a premium or 2 of that ship type. Additionally the akizuki was the clear strongest dd at t8 and it's not premium. 

[BUOY]
Members
1,005 posts
14,523 battles

Ehhh, I saw the Lexington being a strong performer with tons of pretty tough planes being able to bully through AA. You're right about the BB's almost always being Mass or Tirp tho.

OTOH, the cruiser and DD slots were pretty open wrt premium vs tech tree.

Beta Testers
317 posts
10,122 battles
40 minutes ago, Angel_of_the_Sea said:

Super simple observation, my Clan is a High Storm clan on NA and almost every CB we saw yesterday in the 4v4 matchup was a premium-fest. Basically every team we fought was either Enterprise or Graf Zepplin for CV and Battleship was either Massachusetts or Tirpitz. So, basically what i'm saying is this is a strong indicator of Pay to Win, these tech tree ships simply can not compete against these ships in a competitive setting. Why is this acceptable? Also, we were fighting almost exclusively Typhoon Clans even though we are Storm.

Interesting, but not what I observed yesterday in 10 games.  Most common CV I saw was Lexington and Graf Zeppelin.  Nobody is going to mistake the Graf for something that's OP.  Only one Enterprise and one Kaga.  Most common cruisers were Chappy and Baltimore which are both FTP, but a smattering of 3 or 4 others as well (mostly FTP) so that seemed pretty balanced.  Same on the destroyers with at least 5 or 6 different ones represented in my 10 games including several FTP.  BB was dominated by the Tirpitz and Mass, but that's less about PTW than the heavy secondaries and torps on the Tirpitz.  Once again, neither of those is considered generally OP. 

I think the only premium we were using was the Kidd.  Personally I took advantage of it to grind out the Implacable. At 20k / win, it goes by WAY faster than randoms.  I snuck in one game with the Enterprise at the end, but that's because I had finished my Implacable grind (finally).

I hope these come back again at T8 as well as other non-T10 tiers.  It was really fun and a great single weekend event.

[ALWC]
Members
1,180 posts
14,057 battles

In my group of 4 I started with the big E but only out of necessity. Another guy joined and played Shokaku and was smoking everyone. 

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
278 posts
6,155 battles

Kidd was a dangerous DD to have on board also. Saw a couple of those and they pretty much negated my CV. 

I know it's hanger size was a hinderance but I felt like my Saipan did well with it's T10 planes.  Had I had an Enterprise or Graf, though, I would have gone with those.  Our other clan group running last night tried Kaga but it's planes were underpowered v/s massed AA that you would see.  

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles

Kaga was a low-key great pick, but it looks like no one figured that out. Being able to not care that the enemy took a full anti-CV squad was good. AA cant stop me from dropping 5 or so squads of torps in a row, and by then the game is usually over.

[INTEL]
Members
13,057 posts
36,022 battles

We ran Graf, Mass, Cleveland, and Akizuki and I went 9-1 as the BB player. Half our team was tech tree. 

Saw lots of Baltimores too, an Amagi, couple of Shokakus and some Lexingtons. Also Bensons. Plenty of tech tree ships in there.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

Ran lex averaging 55k damage per game.  Should have adopted the "sink the CV first" strat sooner.   We had 2 very potent Es in other divs and I bested them in both damage and frags / battle.

Only had a 68.xx WR vs my 81% in the T10 AF CBs with Midway

Edited by NoSoMo

Sign in to follow this