Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Ni

Starting points changing.

12 comments in this topic

[KREW]
Members
146 posts
16,571 battles

So according to the Dev Blog, Coop battles are having their initial points changed soon. ™

The number of points at the beginning of each battle in the “Domination” mode in Co-op Battles was changed:

• For battles with 3 key areas from 300 to 400 points
  • For battles with 4 key areas from 200 to 300

This will help to reduce the amount of battles which are finished when one of the teams reaches 0 points.

Edited by Admiral_Downes
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,001 posts
14,281 battles

Premium consumables are becoming free too. Now there will be only premium consumables, and they will behave like the current ones do.

I think it's going to be a good time to be a co-op player.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,476 posts
24,657 battles

Noice!

giphy.gif

[KREW]
Members
146 posts
16,571 battles

When I first read this I was all positive about it.

After some thought however, we may still see battles end with 3-4 ships (or more) afloat, simply because players will more quickly reach 1000 points.

Members
4,341 posts
11,204 battles
12 minutes ago, Admiral_Downes said:

When I first read this I was all positive about it.

After some thought however, we may still see battles end with 3-4 ships (or more) afloat, simply because players will more quickly reach 1000 points.

Potentially, although losing ships loses more points than killing them gains, so this will make mercy rule endings less common without making the mode too difficult for newer players (like a ship number imbalance, for example). 

• Cool 2

[ICOP]
Members
426 posts
13,643 battles

I think this is wonderful, looking forward to it.  Even if it's only marginally better, it shows that WG has regard for co-op as a play mode, not just a "practice room" for randoms - which is quite in line with the assurances I got at the Kidd event back in February.  GG, WG - Thanks!

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
26,992 posts
23,790 battles

We'll see how this goes, it should help in slowing down the ultra short, small rewarding games some.

But simply removing the Mercy Rule for Co-op games would have done a better job.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

We'll see how this goes, it should help in slowing down the ultra short, small rewarding games some.

But simply removing the Mercy Rule for Co-op games would have done a better job.

I agree Haze.  However I will take what I can get.  Anytime WG wants to move the needle in a positive direction, you can count me in.  :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 11:23 AM, Admiral_Downes said:

So according to the Dev Blog, Coop battles are having their initial points changed soon. ™

The number of points at the beginning of each battle in the “Domination” mode in Co-op Battles was changed:

• For battles with 3 key areas from 300 to 400 points
  • For battles with 4 key areas from 200 to 300

This will help to reduce the amount of battles which are finished when one of the teams reaches 0 points.

Maybe WG actually listened to reason for once. Sounds like they are doing exactly what I suggested in my video I made about this subject earlier. I had made this exact suggestion, add 100 to the starting points to reduce 0 point wins in Coop and steamrolls in Random Battles.

Same video as before if anyone doesn't believe me.

Edited by Lightninger

[ARGSY]
Members
20,001 posts
14,281 battles

While I hate to put my tinfoil hat on, it might be worth making a note of whether any co-op battles you play until 9.4 goes live are standard or domination mode. You know, just in case the percentage shifts in odd ways. :fish_haloween:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[CO-OP]
Members
1,476 posts
24,657 battles

Yeah hopefully the standards tend towards zero!

Sign in to follow this