You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Heiligenmoschel

Captain Transfers

10 comments in this topic

[DRIUS]
Members
62 posts
1,413 battles

Is it better to move an experienced captain to a new ship (higher tier) or leave them in their original ships and train the new captain that comes with a new ship?

[SRBL]
Members
481 posts
11,568 battles
1 minute ago, Heiligenmoschel said:

Is it better to move an experienced captain to a new ship (higher tier) or leave them in their original ships and train the new captain that comes with a new ship?

I've been moving them up the line to T10 after not doing that for around 800 or so of my first battles. I'm currently around 6,000 battles and have more 19 point captains than I can count. I can now place them in lower tier ships with all the Captain Experience I collect and take advantage of the extra skills on my non-T10 ships.

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

I have 24 ships I enjoy playing, After grinding all the lines and the other 10 pt) commanders that came with ships Im sitting on around 80 to 100 19pt captains so what I did is have multiple captains for the ships I enjoy playing (24) it gives me the ability to have different play styles on the same ship. Plus when new lines come out i have a 19pt ready to fast grind.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
18 minutes ago, Heiligenmoschel said:

It's better to move captains from the lower tiered old ship to the higher tiered new ship. Typically, I spend 200,000 credits to re-train them up to halfway and then finish it with elite commander XP. If you don't have enough ECXP, skip the second part.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

If your going to keep a ship leave the cap. If you hate then move the cap.

If grinding a line I would move the cap because it will help you grind faster.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,598 posts
10,459 battles

I tend to move my captains up to the higher tier ships asa I get them.  That way, when you get to the highest tier ship, it will have the best captain on it.  

[SYN]
Members
1,232 posts
10,299 battles
2 hours ago, jags_domain said:

If your going to keep a ship leave the cap. If you hate then move the cap.

If grinding a line I would move the cap because it will help you grind faster.

This is the way to do it. I used two captains when going up my first two lines.   One captain was on the highest tier ship and one was on my favorite mid tier ship (T6 Cleveland and T5 Mutsuki).  I was able to do that and while I did not have a 19 point captain when I got to T10, I had two good captains all the time. 

Now that I have some T10's, I just use one captain and move him up as I get the next ship. A lot of the time, I sell the lower tier ships as I go.  

[INTEL]
Members
13,031 posts
35,935 battles

I always move them to the higher tier ship, unless it is a ship I like and plan to play a lot. Then I set up a dedicated 19 pt captain for it.