You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
centarina

All premium consumable will be free

83 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

basically, there will be only one consumable  soon(will be current premium version).     more consumable  container will be removed and  premium consumables in inventory will be changed to credit.    (according to KOTS  broadcast)  will happen on 9.4 patch

Edited by centarina
  • Cool 9

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

9 months ago when  they were introducing NTC / Research Bureau they said they would do this to compensate for having to re-purchase tech line reset ships... omg I never thought they would actually do this. This is great!

EDIT: this is even better for co-op players. Also, co-op games will soon get an extra 100 starting points so games don't end so early

Edited by Silisquish
  • Cool 2

[CLUMP]
Members
1,527 posts
2,193 battles
Just now, centarina said:

basically, there will be only one consumable  soon.     more consumable  container will be removed and  premium consumables will be changed to credit.    (according to KOTS  broadcast)

Technically that's not free then so unless you have tens of millions silver laying around might as well not be :Smile_popcorn:

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles
1 minute ago, LastRemnant said:

Technically that's not free then so unless you have tens of millions silver laying around might as well not be :Smile_popcorn:

No they won't cost anything. Premium consumables will now be the standard free ones

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

and subs will never come to WoWs!  j/k

sorry I don't quite understand I thought all consumables only cost credits?  or are you saying the 'standard' consumables that are currently free, will be replaced by the premium versions?  I don't really see the point, i realize for many they maybe a 'have to have' but at the same time where is the new credit sink going to come from... that maybe the more important question...

Is this going to apply to camo's that you buy for credits? how about flags?

[CLUMP]
Members
1,527 posts
2,193 battles
5 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

No they won't cost anything. Premium consumables will now be the standard free ones

:Smile_ohmy: wait was is wargaming up too with these new changes :Smile_sceptic: Why would they make them free :Smile_hiding:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

and subs will never come to WoWs!  j/k

sorry I don't quite understand I thought all consumables only cost credits?  or are you saying the 'standard' consumables that are currently free, will be replaced by the premium versions?  I don't really see the point, i realize for many they maybe a 'have to have' but at the same time where is the new credit sink going to come from... that maybe the more important question...

Is this going to apply to camo's that you buy for credits? how about flags?

Only consumables are affected; the free standard ones will gain premium charges and reload time and the 'premium' ones will cease to exist (all premium consumables in your inventory will be converted to credits)

The new credit sink is the new months-old credit sink: Research Bureau line resets. That's what made them ponder this idea in the first place; I remember them saying this at least once when they were introducing the NTC/Research Bureau

Not that WG really needs to invent new credit sinks anyways - the Armoury sells combat signals for credits, and on next patch in theory you'll be able to mount more combat signals (by econ signals not taking up their space).

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
961 posts
33,368 battles

So glad I spent all that time grinding the legendary upgrades I didn't want just to get the premium consumables.  And no, I don't need the credits.  

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
258 posts
10,428 battles
7 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

wait was is wargaming up too with these new changes :Smile_sceptic: Why would they make them free 

Because WGing is going to bend us over with Subs and AP rockets, this will make it a bit less painful. :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts
1 minute ago, Silisquish said:

Only consumables are affected; the free standard ones will gain premium charges and reload time and the 'premium' ones will cease to exist (all premium consumables in your inventory will be converted to credits)

The new credit sink is the new months-old credit sink: Research Bureau line resets. That's what made them ponder this idea in the first place; I remember them saying this at least once when they were introducing the NTC/Research Bureau

Not that WG really needs to invent new credit sinks anyways - the Armoury sells combat signals for credits, and on next patch in theory you'll be able to mount more combat signals (by econ signals not taking up their space).

so this only applies to consumables, not signals etc,  hmm i don't think this is the credit sink they are expecting...    even if I am allowed to mount 50 signals, it won't change the fact that even now I am stingy with my signals and typically even econ signals i may only mount a couple.  And the RB... well as someone who hasn't got past tier 8... that doesn't affect me, nor do i care to be honest.  Guess its a wait and see!  

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles
2 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

So glad I spent all that time grinding the legendary upgrades I didn't want just to get the premium consumables.  And no, I don't need the credits.  

If you don't need the credits why did you grind for the consumables? You are not making sense. You could have simply used credits to purchase them.

[A_51]
Members
961 posts
33,368 battles
Just now, Silisquish said:

If you don't need the credits why did you grind for the consumables? You are not making sense. You could have simply used credits to purchase them.

I don't need the credits I am going to get as compensation for the consumables.  That doesn't mean I want to shell out credits every time I use one.  See the distinction?  If not, i don't care.  

[FEM]
Members
9,192 posts
12,003 battles
8 minutes ago, JBR40 said:

Because WGing is going to bend us over with Subs and AP rockets, this will make it a bit less painful. :Smile_amazed:

No, it won't.  It really won't.

[PVE]
Members
20,163 posts
13,049 battles
28 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

9 months ago when  they were introducing NTC / Research Bureau they said they would do this to compensate for having to re-purchase tech line reset ships... omg I never thought they would actually do this. This is great!

EDIT: this is even better for co-op players.

Eh, very rarely used premium consumables in co-op, so not as big a deal for me personally.

28 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

Also, co-op games will soon get an extra 100 starting points so games don't end so early

This will be nice tho.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles
1 minute ago, Seaneroo said:

I don't need the credits I am going to get as compensation for the consumables.  That doesn't mean I want to shell out credits every time I use one.  See the distinction?  If not, i don't care.  

So why, why?! did you do grinds that you hate if you didn't need the credits?! And how is this WG's fault? 

[A_51]
Members
961 posts
33,368 battles

So why, why?! did you do grinds that you hate if you didn't need the credits?! And how is this WG's fault? 

Oh, please go away you tiresome person.  I don't care what you think, and I am not getting into an extended argument with you.  Just go away.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles
Just now, Seaneroo said:

Oh, please go away you tiresome person.  I don't care what you think, and I am not getting into an extended argument with you.  Just go away.

You're just mad that you can't illogically insult WG on their own forums without being called out

• Boring 1

[A_51]
Members
961 posts
33,368 battles

You're just mad that you can't illogically insult WG on their own forums without being called out

Every time I post a comment on this forum, I have to deal with an annoying pissant like you who wants to start an argument, which is why I have basically stopped posting here.  I'm regretting I did so now.  I won't make that mistake again.  

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,382 posts
10,260 battles
4 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Every time I post a comment on this forum, I have to deal with an annoying pissant like you who wants to start an argument, which is why I have basically stopped posting here.  I'm regretting I did so now.  I won't make that mistake again.  

PeskyFreeIndianrockpython-max-1mb.gif

• Funny 1

[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
127 posts
15,997 battles
10 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Can we hold you to this?

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

I know there are plenty of people that have hundreds of millions of credits (so for them this change doesn't mean anything), but this change will help new and new-ish players which is good for the game imo.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WPORT]
Members
8,146 posts
13,187 battles

Upgrading all consumables to "premium" characteristics and eliminating/compensating existing premium consumables seems like a solution in search of a problem, to me.

• Cool 2

0 posts
59 minutes ago, centarina said:

basically, there will be only one consumable  soon(will be current premium version).     more consumable  container will be removed and  premium consumables in inventory will be changed to credit.    (according to KOTS  broadcast)  will happen on 9.4 patch

excellent news.