You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

What are the odds?

13 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
5,370 posts
16,103 battles

I'm in an Alaska and the only human on my team. Targeting a Mogador about 12K  out  across my bow that is charging one of our DDs and several other ships on our right flank. Looooots of lead required. I shoot and it ends up my lead was perfect, except that at the moment of impact that friendly DD is making a paint scraping pass on the Mogador so catches 2 of the shells. Did not sink him (or the Mog) but makes me pink.  Neither DD fired torps, I assume because they were too close. Took another salvo to sink the Mog.  We did end up winning, but barely. I know, my shells, my fault, but there is only so much calculation my brain can do.

I think I did about 2K damage to the friendly. How much damage do you have to do to get pink? (No other friendly fire lately)

Edited by Sabot_100

[PVE]
Members
1,441 posts
39,200 battles
23 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

I'm in an Alaska and the only human on my team. Targeting a Mogador about 12K  out  across my bow that is charging one of our DDs and several other ships on our right flank. Looooots of lead required. I shoot and it ends up my lead was perfect, except that at the moment of impact that friendly DD is making a paint scraping pass on the Mogador so catches 2 of the shells. Did not sink him (or the Mog) but makes me pink.  Neither DD fired torps, I assume because they were too close. Took another salvo to sink the Mog.  We did end up winning, but barely. I know, my shells, my fault, but there is only so much calculation my brain can do.

I think I did about 2K damage to the friendly. How much damage do you have to do to get pink? (No other friendly fire lately)

I think it is 10% of ship hp.

[TBW]
Members
10,276 posts
17,433 battles

You didn't apologize to the Cylon, did you?

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
42 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

18 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

I think it is 10% of ship hp.

From personal experience with my mistakes, it's roughly 10% of the allied HP. So it is always easy to go pink by hitting a friendly DD. 

If you rarely hit allies, you should not have to worry about increased pink penalties.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You didn't apologize to the Cylon, did you?

Always be nice to the toasters, especially when they are on your team. A little 

01000111 01001100 00100110 01000110 01010011 00100000 00111100 01001111

or

01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01111001 01100101 01100100 00101100 00100000 01000111 01000111

or 

01001110 01100101 01110010 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010101 01110011 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001 00100000

goes a long way to them nudging RNGsus in your favor every once in a while. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[CVA16]
Members
5,370 posts
16,103 battles
16 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

If you rarely hit allies, you should not have to worry about increased pink penalties.

Wasn't really worried. Not like I'm trying to grief the bots. Just remember hitting allies before and just getting a warning. No pink. 10% makes sense.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
20 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Wasn't really worried. Not like I'm trying to grief the bots. Just remember hitting allies before and just getting a warning. No pink. 10% makes sense.

NP. 

[BEA5T]
[BEA5T]
Members
374 posts
14,361 battles

I will continue my rant that you should be warned but not turn PINK for hitting a BOT.     A Bot may turn pink if they inflict enough damage on a friendly be it human or BOT but you NEVER EVER SEE a PINK BOT at the beginning of any matches on either side.   

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
5 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

I will continue my rant that you should be warned but not turn PINK for hitting a BOT.     A Bot may turn pink if they inflict enough damage on a friendly be it human or BOT but you NEVER EVER SEE a PINK BOT at the beginning of any matches on either side.   

They are on your team, so you should not shoot them. The pink penalties are fine as they are. You get a pink warning for roughly 10% damage and can work it off in two games. For those that shoot up the greens a lot, they quickly get large pink penalties and move on to orange if they keep it up. So it discourages griefing. It's a nice balance IMO.

• Cool 1

[BEA5T]
[BEA5T]
Members
374 posts
14,361 battles
38 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

They are on your team, so you should not shoot them. The pink penalties are fine as they are. You get a pink warning for roughly 10% damage and can work it off in two games. For those that shoot up the greens a lot, they quickly get large pink penalties and move on to orange if they keep it up. So it discourages griefing. It's a nice balance IMO.

Not disagreeing that there should penalties just not agreeing that there is a Balance  as the BOTs do NOT hesitate in shooting or launching if a human or another BOT is in-between them and the opposing BOT.  

Sure they turn PINK... but it does not carry over.  For Humans regardless if they hit a BOT or Human it carries.     I wishfully advocating  that the penalties should always be in effect for hitting another HUMAN friendly but should not carry on if you hit a BOT.    

While I might not agree with the current method I totally understand the requirement..   We have way more issues in this game along with putting up with the shenanigans of a sad few players as they say just to be PEW PEWING along.   

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
3 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

Not disagreeing that there should penalties just not agreeing that there is a Balance  as the BOTs do NOT hesitate in shooting or launching if a human or another BOT is in-between them and the opposing BOT.  

Sure they turn PINK... but it does not carry over. 

It does. Except for a few lucky ones in low tier newbie battles, bots are stuck in Co-op and Scenarios. :Smile_teethhappy:

What if it did carry over?

They would all be pink all the time. So what?

They would be playing in low XP, low credit Co-op, but again, so what? They have it all already.

3 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

For Humans regardless if they hit a BOT or Human it carries.     I wishfully advocating  that the penalties should always be in effect for hitting another HUMAN friendly but should not carry on if you hit a BOT.    

While I might not agree with the current method I totally understand the requirement..   We have way more issues in this game along with putting up with the shenanigans of a sad few players as they say just to be PEW PEWING along.   

Why should it be any different if you shoot a bot, a super unicum, or some guy sitting in his basement chugging beer while he controls the keyboard and mouse with his feet? They are on your team and you don't shoot team mates. The penalties for accidents are barely noticeable and very few people care if you are pink as connection issues can do that. Personally, I find it a non-issue and with WG being largely silent on the matter besides pointing out the initial pink penalty is not severe, it is not likely to change I think.

[CVA16]
Members
5,370 posts
16,103 battles
3 hours ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

If you could kill green bots for "FREE" then some players would do that in coop to keep the bots from claiming any of "their" damage. Effectively reduce your team size so there is more damage to go around. There are griefers that would do it just to make the game a loss for the for the other humans too.

Edited by Sabot_100
changed than to then as some posters seem to focus on such things
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
2 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

If you could kill green bots for "FREE" than some players would do that in coop to keep the bots from claiming any of "their" damage. Effectively reduce your team size so there is more damage to go around. There are griefers that would do it just to make the game a loss for the for the other humans too.

Well said. :Smile_honoring: