Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

Older Collections... Worth doing?

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

I didn't realize I could start any of the older collections until I read something yesterday, so...

Are any of the older collections worth doing?  I am kind of interested in the Bismark camos...  

Thoughts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,571
[1984]
Members
4,118 posts
19,840 battles
23 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I didn't realize I could start any of the older collections until I read something yesterday, so...

Are any of the older collections worth doing?  I am kind of interested in the Bismark camos...  

Thoughts? 

Personally wouldn’t spend coal on crates or anything other than ships. The only thing i am considering is the ruskie captain, although he costs as much as a ship...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[GPORT]
Members
182 posts
11,603 battles

I did everything I could.....picked up some nice eye candy stuff......2 flags on some lines , choice of colors on cammo for some lines or a perma cammo.....and it was good practice . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

i learned yesterday i could just buy one of the crates and that would start the collection.  I assume that means I will get drops in daily crates for the collections.  Is that correct?  So I could for example spend 1k coal to start bismark?  (have to confirm that price..)

 

looks like maybe the wiki is old... looks like there are more collections available than listed...  so some i have no clue what the possible rewards are....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,847
[WPORT]
Members
5,359 posts
10,396 battles

The Azur Lane collection was worth it.

Say hello to Commander Azuma.
01c67f8e23f6475d4d1ffcd1de3e53a3985a4b86

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,847
[WPORT]
Members
5,359 posts
10,396 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

I didn't realize I could start any of the older collections until I read something yesterday, so...

Are any of the older collections worth doing?  I am kind of interested in the Bismark camos...  

Thoughts? 

The collections have rewards for completing portions and for completing all of a collection.
I like to complete the collections when I can do so for crates costing 1,000 coal per crate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[GPORT]
Members
182 posts
11,603 battles
7 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i learned yesterday i could just buy one of the crates and that would start the collection.  I assume that means I will get drops in daily crates for the collections.  Is that correct?  So I could for example spend 1k coal to start bismark?  (have to confirm that price..)

 

looks like maybe the wiki is old... looks like there are more collections available than listed...  so some i have no clue what the possible rewards are....

Look at the crates in the shop......that will tell you what you can get . Some crates are only in the Premium shop though . I think its Dunkirk that you have a chance to get a ship .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
118
[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
4,806 battles
7 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The Azur Lane collection was worth it.

Say hello to Commander Azuma.
01c67f8e23f6475d4d1ffcd1de3e53a3985a4b86

man..that is worth collecting lmbo

Edited by 9TenSix2Eight
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
8 minutes ago, Gafwmn said:

Look at the crates in the shop......that will tell you what you can get . Some crates are only in the Premium shop though . I think its Dunkirk that you have a chance to get a ship .

in the shop they have for example the Air Supply crates.  I can see what the crates may contain, but without buying one and starting the collection I can't see what the rewards are for completing it.  (and not in the wiki)  same applies to the motherland crates.

 

I am doing my digging through the forums, so far I have found the info on the motherland collection so I figure I can find out what the air supply collection is as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,847
[WPORT]
Members
5,359 posts
10,396 battles

The collections are great for having a library of artwork in your player profile.  There are descriptions/histories of the items collected listed in text format when you click on a collectible item.

If having your own personal WOWs art gallery doesn't appeal.  Well, that's fine.  But the rewards include signal flags and credits and other stuff for completing collection portions and or entire collections.  Sometimes the rewards are rare and limited-edition that happen only during certain cross-pollination marketing partnership events.  Azur Lane Commander Azuma is one such example. 

One crate gives you access to the collection.  From there you can view the "books" and the "collection" rewards for completing pages of the collection and the entire collection.
If that isn't your proverbial cup of tea, then you haven't spent much to satisfy your curiosity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,847
[WPORT]
Members
5,359 posts
10,396 battles
10 minutes ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

man..that is worth collecting lmbo

She's currently assigned as Captain of my Nagato, and doing well.  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
7 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

She's currently assigned as Captain of my Nagato, and doing well.  :-)

can you confirm if i buy 1 crate to start the collection, will i get collectibles in my daily crates or do i have to keep spending to complete?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,847
[WPORT]
Members
5,359 posts
10,396 battles
3 minutes ago, SKurj said:

can you confirm if i buy 1 crate will i get collectibles in my daily crates or do i have to keep spending to complete?

For some collections, in *my understanding*, the time period for collecting them has expired.
The only way to complete such collections is to purchase the appropriate crates until you complete the collection. 
Duplicate collection items can be exchanged (there is a ratio, often 4-to-1, sometimes more, sometimes less) for items not yet collected in a collection.   (Click on an item blank space for something not yet collected and that information should come up in a menu of some type.)
Upon completion of a collection (or pages within the collection) the reward(s) are issued.
Any duplicates that are surplus at such time are automatically converted into a sum of credits (15,000 credits per collectible item, if memory serves me).

So.  For me, collecting is a pleasant hobby and a potential source of rewards and credits.
For you?  That is for you to decide.  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

For some collections, in *my understanding*, the time period for collecting them has expired.
The only way to complete such collections is to purchase the appropriate crates until you complete the collection. 
Duplicate collection items can be exchanged (there is a ratio, often 4-to-1, sometimes more, sometimes less) for items not yet collected in a collection.   (Click on an item blank space for something not yet collected and that information should come up in a menu of some type.)
Upon completion of a collection (or pages within the collection) the reward(s) are issued.
Any duplicates that are surplus at such time are automatically converted into a sum of credits (15,000 credits per collectible item, if memory serves me).

So.  For me, collecting is a pleasant hobby and a potential source of rewards and credits.
For you?  That is for you to decide.  :-)

ok, guess i need to figure out which can drop in the daily crates.  I can't afford to be spending coal or dbl on crates...   need moar COAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,847
[WPORT]
Members
5,359 posts
10,396 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

ok, guess i need to figure out which can drop in the daily crates.  I can't afford to be spending coal or dbl on crates...   need moar COAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

thanks for all the responses !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
[WOLFC]
Members
2,860 posts

Collection pieces will only drop in Daily Containers if the collection is a "Subscription" Collection, i.e. you can turn collection on and off.

Only half of the collections are subscription ... obviously you have to get the first piece to activate the collection.

Here's a table that shows them all, the top reward and whether or not it's a subscription ...

 

 

Collections.jpg

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,847
[WPORT]
Members
5,359 posts
10,396 battles
16 minutes ago, SKurj said:

thanks for all the responses !

You're welcome.
I stepped away from the forums for a few minutes and went into the game to take some screenshots.
Hope they help illustrate what we've been talking about.

Also, kudos to @DocWalker for that very helpful chart.  :-)

1559576331_DunkirkCollectionscreenshotnumberone_04-05-2020_.thumb.jpg.5209310ac1a97642c77d68fe564143b8.jpg1847113343_DunkirkCollectionscreenshotnumbertwo_04-05-2020_.thumb.jpg.f71644c339392ca84c19568ed6677d84.jpg1013831961_ResoluteandRapidcollectionscreenshotnumberone_04-05-2020_.thumb.jpg.8d2d694383e80d3549a376a49937b711.jpg2131744439_ResoluteandRapidcollectionscreenshotnumbertwo_04-05-2020_.thumb.jpg.d9a50c140cd7f429af9ddf994f084b0b.jpg1573349789_ResoluteandRapidcollectionscreenshotnumberthree_04-05-2020_.thumb.jpg.382d3ea4ea1c33734da6e4ad7ba4d540.jpg178408479_AzurLanecollectionpicturenumberone_04-05-2020_.thumb.jpg.8223cbee735b174819c14f62c0946fa8.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,480
[WOLF8]
Members
7,337 posts
6,234 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The Azur Lane collection was worth it.

Say hello to Commander Azuma.
01c67f8e23f6475d4d1ffcd1de3e53a3985a4b86

 

aabe4e0fe635e508-e1490304349905.thumb.jpg.deb1335c48ba7ff6e1eed909b278fac4.jpg

She was the only reason that I got the ship Azuma... lol.

And I actually ended up liking the ship... lel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

hopefully HSF returns at some point....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
361
[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
801 posts
7,137 battles

How does one start the Azure Lane collection?

Just checked in the Armory and Premium shop and don't see those containers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
168
[WOLFO]
Members
536 posts
4,161 battles

Thanks @DocWalker, nice table.

I am slowly working my way though them. Just be sure, @SKurj that you have the 'Collecting' tab set to the one you want. It doesn't take too long to gather them, as they will drop from the daily XP containers(2k xp, 10k, 20k). I am almost done with the Yamamoto collection.

I've just now gotten my floating avg. for coal around 50K. Had like 5k coal to toss at a bunch of containers, yesterday. So, 1-2(Containers) a week is a pace that works for me, atm. The rewards vary, like mentioned, but some are very nice. And, like the Dunkirk container, can drop a premium ship. I just tried again for it last night.

Not only can you get the collections. But like the French container will drop a cool rare camo, 'Revolutionary'(Opened that collection last night). The 'North Cape' one drops this cool 'Hunter' camo. One of them used to drop 50 'Games . com' camo's that have +50%-100%? Credits per battle, which is OP af, imho. 50 camo's(if it dropped) for 1000 coal, was a great trade.

But they took take container type away. I don't remember which one it was. I only got the camo's twice, I still have 93. They are very good paints.

Also, the Bismark one and the British Cruiser one have Camo's for the Bis, and Hood, that show the battle scars from when they were sunk. Which is pretty amazing. I really want those.

Edited by iamSamoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
6 minutes ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

How does one start the Azure Lane collection?

Just checked in the Armory and Premium shop and don't see those containers.

Guess i got confused with Azure lane and HSF.. guess I'd like to see both return...  no clue how you start that one, the table someone posted above shows it as a subscription collection but no crates available to start it...

 

now to decide which to collect...    think dunkirk I will add, and already bought a crate for motherland, i've had yamamoto and us cruisers for long time, yeah maybe 1 or 2 crates a week pending my coal income... we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
168
[WOLFO]
Members
536 posts
4,161 battles

pretty sure azure is closed atm.

the skippers went out of Armory two? patches ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×