Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kagenomure

shell color tracer

24 comments in this topic

Members
64 posts
1,209 battles

anyone know which commanders have the option to have colored tracers that can be bought with either coal or dabloons, i checked the wiki and i saw a couple but for the ammount of coal for them that is a long grind

[FML]
Members
3,942 posts
15,503 battles
1 hour ago, Kagenomure said:

anyone know which commanders have the option to have colored tracers that can be bought with either coal or dabloons, i checked the wiki and i saw a couple but for the ammount of coal for them that is a long grind

Yamamoto comes with coloured shell tracers, and you can earn him for free (without coal) through the Yamamoto campaign...

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,918 posts
26,905 battles

You can get Halsey with the American campaign too.

[FML]
Members
3,942 posts
15,503 battles
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

You can get Halsey with the American campaign too.

You can, but does he have coloured shell tracers? 

Im never sure, as I turn mine off so I don’t give away to the enemy that I have something other than a bog standard dude on my Ship. 

I think the Italian unique commander might also have coloured tracers. 

Members
64 posts
1,209 battles

they all do but for the campiang ones some of the missions are for ships i dont have or im not good with and only give 1 star. i thought i saw at one time some that could be bough with dabloons that had colored shell tracers

[FML]
Members
3,942 posts
15,503 battles
Just now, Kagenomure said:

they all do but for the campiang ones some of the missions are for ships i dont have or im not good with and only give 1 star. i thought i saw at one time some that could be bough with dabloons that had colored shell tracers

In the campaigns, you can repeat those missions over and over and they will keep awarding stars so you can complete the stage. But they’ll only provide their other rewards (eg, camos, consumables etc) once. 

[FML]
Members
3,942 posts
15,503 battles
23 minutes ago, Kagenomure said:

if i got the japanese commander can i put him on any ship or only japanese ships?

Just Japanese ships - but there are lots of those!

[USN-R]
Members
20 posts

if I'm right and I don 't know for sure but I think they all do. At least all the ones I got do. Also you can get tracer color from ASLAIN.com. They have mods for warshipd

Edited by erschmidt

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,918 posts
26,905 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

You can, but does he have coloured shell tracers? 

Im never sure, as I turn mine off so I don’t give away to the enemy that I have something other than a bog standard dude on my Ship. 

I think the Italian unique commander might also have coloured tracers. 

Yes, all those historical commanders have colored tracers.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

I've never had one of these commanders but as I grind through the mid tiers I see others playing them based on the colored tracers is that correct?  or are there any other things that can change another player's tracers?  (forget client side mods)  Do you have an option to disable these coloured tracers? seems kinda gimmicky..  I would have screamed seal clubbers!!!  but hey in this game, with the re-grinds and the historical ships I don't blame people for wanting to play most of the tiers, veteran or not.

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,837 battles
3 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I've never had one of these commanders but as I grind through the mid tiers I see others playing them based on the colored tracers is that correct?  or are there any other things that can change another player's tracers?  (forget client side mods)  Do you have an option to disable these coloured tracers? seems kinda gimmicky..  I would have screamed seal clubbers!!!  but hey in this game, with the re-grinds and the historical ships I don't blame people for wanting to play most of the tiers, veteran or not.

There are also mods that will change tracer colors.  I'm not sure, but I THINK all the historical commanders have red tracers, so if you see, for example, blue tracers, that would be a mod rather than a historical commander.  But check me on that.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
2 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

There are also mods that will change tracer colors.  I'm not sure, but I THINK all the historical commanders have red tracers, so if you see, for example, blue tracers, that would be a mod rather than a historical commander.  But check me on that.

mods are only client side though...  please don't tell me that is not the case in WoWs lol, i don't think I should be able to see if another player used a mod to change his tracers to yellow or something...

[WPORT]
Members
5,462 posts
10,515 battles

Several Special/Historical Commanders have colored tracers for the projectiles of the ship they command.

I found this list of "Unique Commanders" via the WOWs Wiki page.
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Unique_Commanders

Modder
1,299 posts
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

mods are only client side though...  please don't tell me that is not the case in WoWs lol, i don't think I should be able to see if another player used a mod to change his tracers to yellow or something...

You're correct, mods are only client side. You will not be able to see whatever tracer colour someone mods their own client to show on your end.

• Cool 2

[LANCE]
Members
793 posts
5,899 battles
4 hours ago, Kagenomure said:

Not sure if your know but the 1 star missions in campaigns can be repeated. I did that with some of the Yamamoto missions

[WOLFC]
Members
1,886 posts
9,949 battles

Ovechkin also has coloured tracers - unique in that there are 2 versions of him - US & Balansed

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
807 posts
7,168 battles

The ones that I know of that have the tracers (and the color if I know them):

• Admiral Halsey (red)
  • Admiral Yamamto (red)
  • Andrew Cunningham (blue)
  • Luigi Sansonetti (red, used to be green, white, and red)
  • Philippe Auboyneau
  • Nikolay Kuznetsov
  • Günther Lütjens
  • Alexander Ovechkin
  • Jerzy Świrski, available in 9.3 after completing a temporary Campaign

[WPORT]
Members
5,462 posts
10,515 battles
8 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Yamamoto FTW!!!!

:Smile_veryhappy::cap_like:

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
On 4/5/2020 at 9:21 AM, Diesel_Thunder said:

Luigi Sansonetti (red, used to be green, white, and red)

One of the most disappointing changes Wargaming made was switching it to red.  The tri-color was amazing and looked cool... 

Sign in to follow this