Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Unacceptable_1

April Fools Day :(

23 comments in this topic

[1NJS]
Members
171 posts
19,198 battles

Guess Wargaming isn't making any money........nothing worth while this year.
No space battles or bath tub boats....not even subs event :(

Pretty sad :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
3,943 posts
15,522 battles
1 hour ago, Unacceptable_1 said:

Was it... unacceptable for you??

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
8,365 posts
14,175 battles
2 hours ago, Unacceptable_1 said:

Or, you know, there's this small pandemic going on that you may have heard about.

It's affecting everybody from us all the way to WG offices.  Staffing levels are reduced with every company right now, so why don't you cut them some slack?

• Cool 9
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2

Members
1,438 posts
17,134 battles

Oh I don't know... wasn't the announcement of a German CV line made on April 1st. Seems like a pretty good April fools joke to me. That all the rest of you fell for it is what truly amazes me.

• Cool 1

Members
1,438 posts
17,134 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Or, you know, there's this small pandemic going on that you may have heard about.

It's affecting everybody from us all the way to WG offices.  Staffing levels are reduced with every company right now, so why don't you cut them some slack?

Well I'd cut them some slack if it wasn't for the fact that any development time for a April fools day event took place months before the pandemic hit. If you want to use the same excuse 3 to 6 months from now for WG dropping the ball... have at it.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
6,969 posts
13,503 battles
4 hours ago, Unacceptable_1 said:

Apparently, you weren't around for the one year that all we got was a Russian Sub.

Couldn't take it into battle, and crashed the system when folks put it into a division.

----------------------

This year, I got the 'Bad Advice' captain and a Capt voice-over that I leave on all the time.

'Ayyyyeeeeeeeeehhhh !!!'   'Errrrrrrrhhhhh !!!"

Bad_Advice.jpg

Edited by AVR_Project

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,673 posts
4 hours ago, Unacceptable_1 said:

You do realize that there is a worldwide pandemic going on right now, don't you? Most of North America and Europe is under lockdown. I'd be happy that the game is still up and running if I were you. And, no, this is not an "April Fools" joke, in case you don't pay attention to the news and don't know what's happening.

[-K-]
Members
8,365 posts
14,175 battles
1 hour ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Oh I don't know... wasn't the announcement of a German CV line made on April 1st. Seems like a pretty good April fools joke to me. That all the rest of you fell for it is what truly amazes me.

While I would like to think the same and agree, the announcement of these German CVs (made on April 2nd, not the 1st) times nicely with Gamescom in August in Germany.

WG likes to time big German announcements with this event, typically, so the development timing does sort of make sense.

[LANCE]
Members
795 posts
5,917 battles
5 hours ago, Unacceptable_1 said:

You’re in a clan mate! Did you not see the “Clan Brawl” on 31st and 1st of April? It was a laugh and most seem to have enjoyed it! I know I did. The BB spawning in enemy spawn was brilliant

[KWA]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,269 battles

To the people blaming COVID, most work for an event would have been completed before it hit. And if they didn't finish it and had to pull it, they could have said so.

[NSC]
Members
210 posts
10,493 battles
3 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I got to play Ocean Epicenter...

OCEAN EPICENTER!!!

We had it 5 clan brawls in a row...joke was definitely on us...lol.  That said, I really enjoyed the clan brawls, both for the two nights at 5v5 and last night at 4v4.  I liked joke of the BB spawning on the other side...it was different.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,604 posts
15,754 battles
1 minute ago, __Dave said:

We had it 5 clan brawls in a row...joke was definitely on us...lol.  That said, I really enjoyed the clan brawls, both for the two nights at 5v5 and last night at 4v4.  I liked joke of the BB spawning on the other side...it was different.

We did too. I was the designated CV captain. The CV's spawned on the wrong side one match. I was in the Audacious and the red CV was the Hak. It sails faster and survived. The Audacious sails slower... I didn't make it

[-KAK-]
Members
590 posts
10,952 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

You do realize that there is a worldwide pandemic going on right now, don't you? Most of North America and Europe is under lockdown. I'd be happy that the game is still up and running if I were you. And, no, this is not an "April Fools" joke, in case you don't pay attention to the news and don't know what's happening.

To everyone claiming pandemic as the reason - STOP! You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The development would have been done already (They don't do this the night before the patch), they're not being derailed by it yet. Seriously people. If we have derailed events, they'll show their faces in the next few months (Look at May/June/July).

WG (I believe it was Crysantos during one of the KOTS streams) already admitted it was due to the devs being focused on subs instead of other events.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,673 posts
1 minute ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

To everyone claiming pandemic as the reason - STOP! You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

So the event wasn't "perfect" for you. Well, boo freaking hoo. They didn't have to have an event at all. I can't believe how entitled some of you think you are. When my Dad was your age he spent his weekends milking cows until dawn and then picking cotton and baling hay from dawn to dusk, after which he milked cows again. His big treat was going back to school during the school week where he could play basketball after school for an hour before coming home and spending the rest of the day working on the farm.

• Boring 2

[-KAK-]
Members
590 posts
10,952 battles
22 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

So the event wasn't "perfect" for you. Well, boo freaking hoo. They didn't have to have an event at all. I can't believe how entitled some of you think you are. When my Dad was your age he spent his weekends milking cows until dawn and then picking cotton and baling hay from dawn to dusk, after which he milked cows again. His big treat was going back to school during the school week where he could play basketball after school for an hour before coming home and spending the rest of the day working on the farm.

Snargfargle, I have absolutely no idea where you're going with this. I never said anything about being dissatisfied with the event. I'm correcting people who thought that the Coronavirus stopped the event - It's not true. These things are set up in advance, and WG (again, I believe it was Crysantos in one of the KOTS streams) said that it was actually due to the devs attention being elsewhere - They normally use April fools to test out new concepts, but right now they're all going ham on sub development.

I suppose this does confirm one thing I said. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Because.... yeah. Your dad worked on a farm.... Um... Relevance?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PHD]
Members
1,519 posts
6,485 battles

We have the Bad advice running. And I wonder if the EU DDs were April Fools.

Maybe WG is just laying low after all the eggs (aka dumpster fires) they dropped on us last year. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,673 posts
7 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

I suppose this does confirm one thing I said. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Because.... yeah. Your dad worked on a farm.... Um... Relevance?

I'm just saying that by merely having a computer with access the the Internet and the time to play a video game that a kid in the US or another developed country has an easier life than most people had 50 years ago, and most people still do if they live in less-developed areas of the world. Be happy that you have this free-to-play game and that the servers are still up so that you can play it.

• Confused 1

[O_O]
Members
674 posts
2 hours ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

To everyone claiming pandemic as the reason - STOP! You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The development would have been done already (They don't do this the night before the patch), they're not being derailed by it yet. Seriously people. If we have derailed events, they'll show their faces in the next few months (Look at May/June/July).

WG (I believe it was Crysantos during one of the KOTS streams) already admitted it was due to the devs being focused on subs instead of other events.

They just want to virtue signal about the virus.

• Cool 1

[-KAK-]
Members
590 posts
10,952 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm just saying that by merely having a computer with access the the Internet and the time to play a video game that a kid in the US or another developed country has an easier life than most people had 50 years ago, and most people still do if they live in less-developed areas of the world. Be happy that you have this free-to-play game and that the servers are still up so that you can play it.

Well, that's great for us I suppose... Still doesn't have anything to do with the reason that there wasn't an April Fools special mode.

[1NJS]
Members
171 posts
19,198 battles

Oh nooosss!!!!!!!!!!! Someone said something bad about Wargaming!!!!!!!!!!  LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!

They had MANY months to do something like they had before & didn't.
THAT is what I I'm saying & sticking to it.
You can make excuses all you want but they kinda shafted us this year....
Oh da virus!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah that HAS to be it!!!!!!!!!! LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Clan brawls??? Only good for a day or two.....come on,stop licking rearends people!!!!
And this game is far from free....60% pay into this game,you know they make good money from it.
Servers are cheap,most of you never rented a server in your life & never will.
For 18 years I rented 100s of servers for AAA titles for my clan to play on & ran em,so that is not an excuse LOL

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles

They STILL have regular content releases to make, test, and implement in spite of all this chaos.  If the lack of a silly add-on in light of present circumstances, all while the devs KEEP their update and release schedule despite required quarantine and shutdowns, is too much for you then that's tough cookies.

• Boring 1

[1NJS]
Members
171 posts
19,198 battles
18 hours ago, Landsraad said:

They STILL have regular content releases to make, test, and implement in spite of all this chaos.  If the lack of a silly add-on in light of present circumstances, all while the devs KEEP their update and release schedule despite required quarantine and shutdowns, is too much for you then that's tough cookies.

Tell ya what....when you get gud then tell me how to feel about anything with this game :Smile_veryhappy:
Your part of the sub standard player issue in here LMFBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this