Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PrinceOfTheOcean

RN CV 10 Point Captain

7 comments in this topic

Members
92 posts
1,030 battles

So I got Jack Dunkirk the other day and put him on the Danae, but gave up on grinding RN CL/CAs after getting deleted by CVs too many times. So the solution? Grind another CV to t8 :). I am a FTP, and am broke when it comes to doubloons. I also have next to no captain xp (10k). However, I have a completely new 10 point captain from the April Fool's event and am thinking of assigning it to Hermes when I get it early tomorrow. Skill recommendations? Right now I am looking at :

1- Air Supremacy
2- Improved Engines
3- Survivability Expert/Aircraft Armor (Which one do I go for? Probably Aircraft Armor, right, because against stronger AA you negate more damage)
4- Sight Stabilization

For ya'll that have played RN CVs before, do you guys usually dump a squadron at the beginning of each attack run if you have a full flight (e.g. dropping bombs on the ocean to save your planes) I do this with IJN and USN CVS as they have lower plane HP pools, but since RN planes are tHiCc is it really necessary to trade off the damage for saved planes?

[FEM]
Supertester
275 posts
8,880 battles
  • Air Supremacy
  • Improved Engines
  • Survuvability Expert
  • Aircraft Armor
  • Torpedo Acceleration
  • Demolition Expert

These are your first 14 points in that order. Only after that you take Sight Stabilization OR Concealment Expert.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
998 posts

Would you get Armor or DE first?  
Why?

I had Armor, say some posts/vids saying DE, redistributed points, & now am third-guessing after seeing this.   Grinding Valkeryie so still have a bit.

Edited by gbgentry

[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,395 battles
42 minutes ago, gbgentry said:

Would you get Armor or DE first?  
Why?

I had Armor, say some posts/vids saying DE, redistributed points, & now am third-guessing after seeing this.   Grinding Valkeryie so still have a bit.

Granted the RN CV's are dependent on fires\floods, keeping your planes alive is more important.   Also if you count your actual bomb\rocket\torpedo hits, the relatively small % increase you get from DE does not net a huge increase in fires\floods in my experience. 

If you are top tier DE may be more beneficial however when bottom tier you will want everything you can get that increases plane survivability.   

The only exception to this is the T8 premium cv, it does not have torpedo bombers which frees up a couple points to spend elsewhere and it's planes are stupid fast, tanky and can still slingshot.  For that ship I might take DE before SE.

[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
998 posts
34 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Granted the RN CV's are dependent on fires\floods, keeping your planes alive is more important.   Also if you count your actual bomb\rocket\torpedo hits, the relatively small % increase you get from DE does not net a huge increase in fires\floods in my experience. 

If you are top tier DE may be more beneficial however when bottom tier you will want everything you can get that increases plane survivability.   

The only exception to this is the T8 premium cv, it does not have torpedo bombers which frees up a couple points to spend elsewhere and it's planes are stupid fast, tanky and can still slingshot.  For that ship I might take DE before SE.

The DE arguments I’ve read say that RN planes are already tankie and, since the attack planes & bombers rely on fires, it’s better to take DE since that greatly increases your chances over flags alone.

[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,395 battles
15 minutes ago, gbgentry said:

The DE arguments I’ve read say that RN planes are already tankie and, since the attack planes & bombers rely on fires, it’s better to take DE since that greatly increases your chances over flags alone.

When top tier you are correct however they are not fast and T10 aa will wreck them.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
998 posts
54 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

When top tier you are correct however they are not fast and T10 aa will wreck them.

Thanks for the advice:cap_like: 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this