You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

PSA: don't believe everything people said here

16 comments in this topic

Members
561 posts
2,178 battles

So people here would tell you Tirpitz, Bismarch etc are invincible at close range due to turtle back.

The real scenario is that I still bash the crapout of every single one of them at close range with my amagii and their torps, if equipped, are really easy to disable.

No, citadel hits are rare but a welplaced shots with 15K dmg? Not unsual at all!

Oh and they would tell you to use all your capn points on survivability and don't go for anything close quarter for Amagii.

I did the opposite. I buffed my 2ndaries range to 7km + with manual fire control. I caught so many DDs off guard I lost count, one of them was so angry he told me "bro you are a moron you know that? You aren't supposed to buff 2ndaries of Amagii I can't believe you actually saild into my smoke screen"

I was like well duh of course that's why I sunk ya

What people here won't tell you is that to prevent IJN high tier BBs from being too OP, the accuracy and range was completely nerfed. Anyone that made the transition from Fuso to Nagato will have this major wth moment.

If your enemy comes with a good paid camo, at 19km range, no matter the lead, your hitting him is more of a matter of luck than skill.

With quasi turtleback, Amagii's armor, provided that you angle it well, can withstand most tier 9 and 10 BB's punishment.

• Boring 6

[NOVEL]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,951 battles

Who said that the Bismarck is invincible at close range? The only thing is, that you cannot reliable hit the citadel, but you can do a lot of damage.

With the actual HE spam 24/7 and the bow on meta, survival build isn't a bad choice. The days of the secondary IJN BB was before the rise of ships, that can do it much better. 

[RBMKI]
Members
371 posts
6,248 battles

Oddly enough, my Tirpitz and Prinz Eugen easily sank EVERY single Amagi encountered in 1vs1 Ranked, to the extent that it made me start feeling really badly for those players.

Just time your torp launcher repairs very well..... :Smile_trollface:

Edited by MudRaker227

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,431 battles
57 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

So people here would tell you Tirpitz, Bismarch etc are invincible at close range due to turtle back.

The real scenario is that I still bash the crapout of every single one of them at close range with my amagii and their torps, if equipped, are really easy to disable.

No, citadel hits are rare but a welplaced shots with 15K dmg? Not unsual at all!

Oh and they would tell you to use all your capn points on survivability and don't go for anything close quarter for Amagii.

I did the opposite. I buffed my 2ndaries range to 7km + with manual fire control. I caught so many DDs off guard I lost count, one of them was so angry he told me "bro you are a moron you know that? You aren't supposed to buff 2ndaries of Amagii I can't believe you actually saild into my smoke screen"

What people here won't tell you is that to prevent IJN high tier BBs from being too OP, the accuracy and range was completely nerfed. Anyone that made the transition from Fuso to Nagato will have this major wth moment.

If your enemy comes with a good paid camo, at 19km range, no matter the lead, your hitting him is more of a matter of luck than skill.

With quasi turtleback, Amagii's armor, provided that you angle it well, can withstand most tier 9 and 10 BB's punishment.

This is a completely normal and well thought out post.

[FML]
Members
4,155 posts
16,067 battles
1 hour ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Lies.  People would instead claim they are difficult to citadel at close ranges.  They can still take pen damage - as anyone obviously who had played the ship would know.  

Survivability builds are stronger than secondary builds at the moment.  But you can do what you want, just play to its strengths.  

Oh really? You think the Fuso is more accurate than the Nagato?  

No, it cant. 

I am glad we had this conversation.  

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,491 posts
22,872 battles

Amagi has allways had a good turtleback. 

Her big guns hit hard.

Anyone who is half good, knows to shoot germans upper belt, not to go for citadels.

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles

I can safely categorize this thread as a reading and comprehension or a misunderstanding by the OP.

This only ships that have certain percentage of immunity, are  the ships that have limited threats to face in tier..

That IMO, belongs to the high tier BBs/CVs.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles

No, they would tell you this:

I did the opposite. I buffed my 2ndaries range to 7km + with manual fire control. I caught so many DDs off guard I lost count...

I didn't bother with AFT, just MFCS, and I don't make a habit of sailing into smoke, but yes, it is fun to watch DDs or CLs charge you from astern.

I don't tend to brawl other BBs that are meant for it, (as their typically faster turrets and higher secondary DPM are dangerous if they have a clue what they're doing) but Amagi's armor scheme does hold up fairly well when I don't have a choice.

Edited by Skpstr

[FEM]
Members
9,192 posts
11,985 battles

I hate to break this to you, but your opinions aren't a PSA. No-one's opinion is a public service.

So you do well with a ship, big deal, we all have ships we do well with. However, I can promise you that if I'm driving that Tirp against your Amagi, you'll be going back to port before I will. That's my own "PSA". :cap_haloween:

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles

The only Service announcement here is that its time for your daily dose of nagato related whingeing

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
4,155 posts
16,067 battles
2 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

The only Service announcement here is that its time for your daily dose of nagato related whingeing

I never understood the hate for the Nagato. 

I started battleships with the German line. When I started grinding IJN, the Nagato was the first ‘pure’ battleship that could - you know - actually hit stuff at long range, pen and do solid damage. It’s was a revelation. 

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles

OP still only has 2178 battles when compared with their last post of a few days ago, so my conclusion is that they are either playing exclusively on other servers (and coming here for forum-ing because English is the primary language) or they are actually completely inactive and spouting absolute garbage.

[MKF]
Members
583 posts
20,416 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I never understood the hate for the Nagato. 

I started battleships with the German line. When I started grinding IJN, the Nagato was the first ‘pure’ battleship that could - you know - actually hit stuff at long range, pen and do solid damage. It’s was a revelation. 

Nagato is a very good BB and the OP thinking Fuso is more accurate gave me a great laugh to start my morning

[HINON]
Members
14,007 posts
6 minutes ago, Dath_1 said:

Nagato is a very good BB and the OP thinking Fuso is more accurate gave me a great laugh to start my morning

Read his previous topics for more amusement if you so desire.

Members
648 posts

Fuso feels more accurate becuase it can put out 50% more shells, but I've taken shots with the front turrets of my Fuso in which 3 of 4 shells were citadels a 16km. Still, with only 8 shells, dispersion can always troll you. 12 shells mitigates that somewhat, even if they aren't quite as accurate. There are a fair number of cruisers who escape my nagato volleys who probably wouldn't have escaped from fuso.