Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CAPNATION

MM.. higher MM?

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2
[KRON]
Members
19 posts
1,923 battles

Its becoming a bit ridiculous... t7 in so many t9 battles? I cant even Div up with someone over 1 tier away from me... 

Edited by CAPNATION
ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,393
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,197 battles

Stop playing T7. It is now uptiered 40% of the time. T5 has improved and T6 is sometimes playable. But T7 sucks now. Best tier for MM is T9, but high tier game play is complete garbage right now. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[KRON]
Members
19 posts
1,923 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

Stop playing T7. It is now uptiered 40% of the time. T5 has improved and T6 is sometimes playable. But T7 sucks now. Best tier for MM is T9, but high tier game play is complete garbage right now. 

How do i progress then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,393
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,197 battles
Just now, CAPNATION said:

How do i progress then?

Play T7, because XP for damaging T9s is good.

otherwise, wait til narai comes back in 9.3. Or just play coop. You can finish the 50-60 games you need to grind a T7 to T8 in a couple of weeks, or a day if you have nothing to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,069
[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles

Its not a MM issue, its an OP/over capable ship issue... If you dont like tier 7 then dont play that tier..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[KRON]
Members
19 posts
1,923 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its not a MM issue, its an OP/over capable ship issue... If you dont like tier 7 then dont play that tier..

WHat do you mean OP/over capable ship issue? -- I am a t7 trying to progress to t8....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,069
[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
1 minute ago, CAPNATION said:

WHat do you mean OP/over capable ship issue? -- I am a t7 trying to progress to t8....

You'll figure it out...

Its not a MM problem though...

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,489
[SALVO]
Members
26,139 posts
29,178 battles
2 hours ago, CAPNATION said:

Its becoming a bit ridiculous... t7 in so many t9 battles? I cant even Div up with someone over 1 tier away from me... 

You're not supposed to be able to do so.  Heck, if some of us had our way, divisions would only allow ships of the exact same tier so that fail divisions weren't possible.

 

1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Stop playing T7. It is now uptiered 40% of the time. T5 has improved and T6 is sometimes playable. But T7 sucks now. Best tier for MM is T9, but high tier game play is complete garbage right now. 

Maybe for you, Tai.  But I don't find it that way.

I ground through the tier 8 Swedish DD very recently (because I wanted to complete the mission for her perma-camo), and had a blast whether I was top tier or bottom tier.

 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,489
[SALVO]
Members
26,139 posts
29,178 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its not a MM issue, its an OP/over capable ship issue... If you dont like tier 7 then dont play that tier..

Pride, I actually think that a really big part of the problem (such as it is) is the slot 5 (tier 8+) and slot 6 (tier 9+) upgrade modules more than the ships themselves.  Specifically, the slot 5 concealment module and the slot 6 gun range enhancement module.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,069
[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Pride, I actually think that a really big part of the problem (such as it is) is the slot 5 (tier 8+) and slot 6 (tier 9+) upgrade modules more than the ships themselves.  Specifically, the slot 5 concealment module and the slot 6 gun range enhancement module.

That can be categorized under over capable.. On some ships those slots does make the ships very over the top on power etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,266
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

That can be categorized under over capable.. On some ships those slots does make the ships very over the top on power etc.

Something like a Tier VII DD dealing with Tier VIII-IX ones is not a fun experience.  Most especially when one considers that the typical hard counter for a DD is another DD.

For example, the spotting advantage of Benson, Kidd, Fletcher, Benham over Mahan, is something like 0.6km, which is pretty freaking big.

You want to be in a Tier VII DD dealing with Kitakaze, Jutland?

Me:  Nah, f--k that.

 

A Tier VII CA will still be generally fine but not having Repair Party hurts.  Myoko conducts business as usual since 2015.  But at least they're much better off than a Tier VII CL not named Belfast or Fiji fighting in a Tier VIII-IX game.  IFHE / Armor changes hurt mid tier CLs badly.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,069
[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Something like a Tier VII DD dealing with Tier VIII-IX ones is not a fun experience.  Most especially when one considers that the typical hard counter for a DD is another DD.

For example, the spotting advantage of Benson, Kidd, Fletcher, Benham over Mahan, is something like 0.6km, which is pretty freaking big.

You want to be in a Tier VII DD dealing with Kitakaze, Jutland?

Me:  Nah, f--k that.

 

A Tier VII CA will still be generally fine but not having Repair Part hurts.  But at least they're much better off than a Tier VII CL not named Belfast or Fiji fighting in a Tier VIII-IX game.  IFHE / Armor changes hurt mid tier CLs badly.

High tier DD play  totally unfair against tier 7 DDs.

The game as a whole is disproportionate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,266
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

High tier DD play  totally unfair against tier 7 DDs.

The game as a whole is disproportionate..

Even back in 2015 when initially working on the two IJN & USN DD Lines, I did not enjoy Tier VII DDs vs High Tier DDs (I still remember Tier VI Mutsuki having less torpedo range than concealment range).  Today it's even worse with things like Kidd, Lightning, Kitakaze, Jutland, Mogador having been added to the game since.  The world of High Tier DDs when dealing with each other is already a dangerous dance on a razor's edge.  So many of those are nasty to deal with within High Tier by itself, so when dealing with weaker, less stealthy, less capable, less gimmicked mid tier DDs, it's going to look ugly.

 

Honestly?  I'd rather be a Fail Divisioned New Mexico in a Tier IX game than be a Tier VII DD dealing with Tier VIII-IX DDs.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,469
[SALVO]
Members
7,067 posts
5,529 battles
3 hours ago, CAPNATION said:

Its becoming a bit ridiculous... t7 in so many t9 battles? I cant even Div up with someone over 1 tier away from me... 

7 is manly tier, if sissy go play CVs in tier 4. For sealclubbing go tier 10.

 

2 hours ago, CAPNATION said:

How do i progress then?

faster, you get more XP that way

2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

You'll figure it out...

Its not a MM problem though...

yes, the problem is not the basket, is the eggs

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,489
[SALVO]
Members
26,139 posts
29,178 battles
13 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

High tier DD play  totally unfair against tier 7 DDs.

The game as a whole is disproportionate..

Pride, that's not true for all tier 7 DDs.  Some (but not all) tier 7 DDs were designed (by WG) to have innately low concealment values that are competitive with higher tier DDs that mount the concealment module. 

Overall, there's no reason that a t7 Mahan shouldn't be able to compete with a t8 Benson, if it weren't for the concealment module.  The Benson (minus the concealment module) is only a little better than the Mahan, with the differences being pretty normal up tiering enhancements.  It's the concealment module that is the huge difference between the Benson and the Mahan.

The problem with removing the concealment module is that the devs would then have to reset the base concealment values for tier 8+ ships across the board.  Mind you, from our perspective, it might be worth the effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,186 posts
1,698 battles
On 4/4/2020 at 8:44 PM, Crucis said:

Heck, if some of us had our way, divisions would only allow ships of the exact same tier so that fail divisions weren't possible.

Others, like me, want to fail division to test ships' capabilities. WG has compromised and now only allows a 1 tier difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×