You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Crucis

Drake: Concealment or Steering upgrade 2

4 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,178 battles

Heya guys, 

I know that the obvious answer to the question in the title is concealment, but hear me out.

Assume that the captain has the CE skill, so that means that the Drake's concealment would be 11.9 km, rather than the 13.2 km base.  Adding the concealment upgrade would drop the concealment down to 10.7 km.  But I'm thinking that it may be that that last 1.2 km concealment reduction may not be worth the benefit to be gained by mounting Steering mod 2 in slot 5.  The ship would already not want to be fighting at such close ranges, and it can't stealth torp regardless, since its torp range is 10 km.    It just seems to me that 11.9 km concealment might be good enough so that the ship could be a lot more nimble with a double rudder set up.

Thoughts?

[CS7]
Members
292 posts
5,134 battles
24 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Heya guys, 

I know that the obvious answer to the question in the title is concealment, but hear me out.

Assume that the captain has the CE skill, so that means that the Drake's concealment would be 11.9 km, rather than the 13.2 km base.  Adding the concealment upgrade would drop the concealment down to 10.7 km.  But I'm thinking that it may be that that last 1.2 km concealment reduction may not be worth the benefit to be gained by mounting Steering mod 2 in slot 5.  The ship would already not want to be fighting at such close ranges, and it can't stealth torp regardless, since its torp range is 10 km.    It just seems to me that 11.9 km concealment might be good enough so that the ship could be a lot more nimble with a double rudder set up.

Thoughts?

I ran the steering mod in slot 5 and the acceleration mod in 4.  Makes for a nice handling ship and the concealment is still pretty good, especially when you add camo.  I tried the same thing for Goliath but found that the concealment module worked better for me because her base concealment is considerably worse than Drake.  I went with the slot 4 steering module and removed the acceleration module.  Obviously Goliath doesn't handle as well as Drake, but her extra turret and range help make up for that.

Edited by Maddau
Fix spelling mistake.

[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,178 battles
Just now, Maddau said:

I ran the steering mod in slot 5 and the acceleration mod in 4.  Makes for a nice handling ship and the concealment is still pretty good, especially when you add camo.  I tried the same thing for Goliath but found that the consealment module worked better for me because her base concealment is considerably worse than Drake.  I went with the slot 4 steering module and removed the acceleration module.  Obviously Goliath doesn't handle as well as Drake, but her extra turret and range help make up for that.

Maddau, I also took a gander at the Goliath's concealment numbers and came to the same conclusion.  I think that the Drake just happens to fall into a nice range slot where it seems like it can get away with only using CE but not the module, while the Goliath's base concealment is just a bit too high to make due with only CE.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,494 posts
22,906 battles

Concealment to be sneaky for initial engagement. 

Mid game to disengage .

Check out WOWS replay. APRIL 1ST mode Drake 180k damage posted by me....

When you spend 5 minutes plus kiting a Mushi that just needed to land 1 pen shell to delete you, you will appreciate Concealment.