Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Player_1632443379

what counts as a "Naval battle"?

12 comments in this topic

[SCRUM]
Members
53 posts
12,760 battles

what counts as a "Naval battle"?

I just joined a clan four days ago during the "Preparation" phase and did not start my counter during it.

During the "Engagement" phase, I "Enabled" count attempt, I ran a coop got the high score but got no stars and now the game says I have 1of 10 attempts. What did I do wrong?

[SCRUM]
Members
53 posts
12,760 battles

I ran another on my ashan and beat the bar and got a star, what determines how much of a "bar" on a run is worth?

Edited by Player_1632443379

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,784 posts
21,566 battles
15 minutes ago, Player_1632443379 said:

bar to beat is equal to base xp? so on a bar of 900 I need 901 base xp to beat it?

Yep. When you enable Naval Battles any Random or Coop battle is counted. If you don't beat that 900 (or whatever) base XP - and NOT with premium modifiers - you don't get a star. If you and another clan mate are both in the same ship class and nation the first one done is compared to the bar. If your clan mate finishes first and gets 900+ base XP then he gets that star and you now need to get the next level. You won't get that star for getting 900 base XP, your clan mate did.

Edited by Khafni

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,670 posts
14 minutes ago, Player_1632443379 said:

bar to beat is equal to base xp? so on a bar of 900 I need 901 base xp to beat it?

Bars may change as you are playing a match if someone in the "battle" ends their match before you and thus raises the bar. You don't have to enable naval battles in the preparation stage because they depend on how your clan does overall. In the engagement stage enabling and disabling allows you to play non-naval battle matches with ships that you might want to play for other purposes and not have the match counted if the bar is too high. 

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,050 posts
12,735 battles
41 minutes ago, Player_1632443379 said:

You just need 900 base XP, it's equal or beat.

But, after you beat the 300 Base XP mark, in Co-Op it's gonna be hard to beat the 900 base XP mark anyway, so you probably need to swap nation and/or ship type.

[SCRUM]
Members
53 posts
12,760 battles

ok - ty for all those answers

new question is what do I personally get for my stars in engagement phase?

Edited by Player_1632443379

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,670 posts
Just now, Player_1632443379 said:

ok - ty for all those answers

new question what do I personally get for my stars in engagement phase?

Your clan gets more oil for winning a battle, that's about it.

[RLGN]
Members
14,323 posts
25,263 battles
50 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Your clan gets more oil for winning a battle, that's about it.

Pretty much this, and maybe self-satisfaction and/or bragging rights.

My ‘goal’ in Naval Battles was to get as many stars as I could, and I would play whatever I needed to do so.

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,850 battles

By the way, if you look up at the top of the Naval Battles page (the page where you "enabled" you attempts), you'll see a "rules" tab.  Click on that to go to the rules page, where you can read up on all this stuff, which will answer the vast majority of your questions.

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles

One is XP the other ribbons. So if you note the requirements to be met starts at 300 you know it's XP and if it shows a low number like 30 it's ribbons (hits, cap defenses, plane kills, torpedo hits, etc).

I believe the pattern is 30-90-120 on up for ribbons and 300-900-1200 on up for end game XP. 

Edited by _Caliph_

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles

Maybe a bit obvious, but also a factor to take into account: Any ships of a nation and type combo that ISN'T represented by a tech tree line will not count. As of right now that would be:

Pan-European destroyers and battleships (Visby, Vasteras, Blyskawica, Skane, Oland, Friesland, Ostergotland, Smaland, Viribus Unitis)
Pan-American cruisers (Nueve de Julio)
Pan-Asian cruisers and battleships (Huanghe, Irian, Wukong, Bajie)
Commonwealth destroyers and cruisers (Vampire, Haida, Perth)
Italian battleships (Guilio Cesare, Roma)
German carriers (Graf Zeppelin)

Using any of these ships while this round of Naval Battles are active will not count as an attempt. Next round (which should be the first one post-9.3) Pan-European destroyers will be usable as the line will be fully released.

Sign in to follow this